Round 2: Essendon vs Hawthorn @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Paddy has done in every other time they've played? Bellchambers is currently better than both your ruckmen.

He's a very handy HFF, would easily get in ahead of Puopolo and Simpkin, but would be in your bottom 6. Winderlich also would get in ahead of Puopolo.

Eh, he'd be fringe 22, I'd take him ahead of (again) Puopolo and Hill.

Puopolo offers a lot more than Winderlich in terms of team structure and he wouldn't get in ahead of him IMO. Clarkson loves Puppy to bits as well. I also don't think Winderlich would displace Hill on current form especially considering we are lacking genuine runners as it is.

Simpkin maybe but he's been something of a super sub lately.

I rate Bellchambers but I don't rate Ryder. I'd take McEvoy and Hale over Ryder any day of the week.

Put up a poll and restrict essendon and hawthorn fans from voting. It wouldn't even be close.

Puopolo would be in the first 10 selected for hawthorn.
Yep, Paddy would win byabout 50.
Puopolo offers a lot more than Winderlich in terms of team structure and he wouldn't get in ahead of him IMO. Clarkson loves Puppy to bits as well. I also don't think Winderlich would displace Hill on current form especially considering we are lacking genuine runners as it is.

Simpkin maybe but he's been something of a super sub lately.

I rate Bellchambers but I don't rate Ryder. I'd take McEvoy and Hale over Ryder any day of the week.
Winderlich has excellent pressure and is a better forward than Puopolo, who I would take here as he's a clear upgrade on Kommer. And I was arguing Melksham would be ahead of Hill.

McEvoy and Hale are inferior. That is the one area I'm confident that we're better than Hawthorn is.

Yes, it's an exaggeration, but it proves a point. Put our outs back in and their outs back in, we win that by 6-7 goals....
No, you win by 3-4 goals.
What's the point of these hypotheticals? Outs aren't purely in terms of the player missing, it's also structural.

There's no way of saying with any certainty just how much it can affect margin. Strikes me as a silly and pointless exercise trying to pinpoint it.

Oh, and folks- have a little read about of the new sticky on the main board about trolling in Game Day threads.

A few here, on both sides and in between, would do very, very well to take heed.

Yep, Paddy would win byabout 50.

Winderlich has excellent pressure and is a better forward than Puopolo, who I would take here as he's a clear upgrade on Kommer. And I was arguing Melksham would be ahead of Hill.

McEvoy and Hale are inferior. That is the one area I'm confident that we're better than Hawthorn is.

Hill > Winderlich and Melksham.

What's the point of these hypotheticals? Outs aren't purely in terms of the player missing, it's also structural.

There's no way of saying with any certainty just how much it can affect margin. Strikes me as a silly and pointless exercise trying to pinpoint it.
It's just silly post match conjecture and discussion mate, exactly what football forums are for I would have thought...

It's just silly post match conjecture and discussion mate, exactly what football forums are for I would have thought...
For what it's worth, I have no doubt Hawthorn would have won if both sides are full strength.

Trying to predict whether the margin would have been 20 or 40 points just seems incredibly akin to blind shooting- really, who knows? I suppose it just amuses how often people get caught up in that sort of unknown and completely hypothetical minutiae. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take your own advice...

I've been perfectly objective throughout.

I'm not contending that hill > fyfe in an absolute sense. But hill is vital to our game plan.

Just as I'm sure hale now is > daniher and Carlisle in an absolute sense. Though I doubt essendon would trade Carlisle for hale.

I've been perfectly objective throughout.

I'm not contending that hill > fyfe in an absolute sense. But hill is vital to our game plan.

Just as I'm sure hale now is > daniher and Carlisle in an absolute sense. Though I doubt essendon would trade Carlisle for hale.
Fyfe would be the best player at Hawthorn.

He'd be in the 4-8 range at hawthorn.

I don't think he'd even be the best player for essendon.
He'd be second best at Essendon. Watson would be ahead. Fyfe would be the best player at Hawthorn

Repeating it doesn't make it true.

Sam Mitchell is the best player at hawthorn, he is also better than Watson AINEC.
No he isn't. The only player who's clearly better than Jobe is Ablett.

Ablett, Franklin, dangerfield, Mitchell and Cotchin, pendlebury and swan are all clearly better than Watson. He's on the next rung down with selwood etc.

Ablett, Franklin, dangerfield, Mitchell and Cotchin, pendlebury and swan are all clearly better than Watson. He's on the next rung down with selwood etc.
Watson and Selwood are at the very least the equal of those blokes. Cotchin? That's laughable. Where was Cotchin when they needed to win the game Thursday?

The same place as Watson when you guyz needed to win the game last night. Lacking cardio.

However cotchins team won, yours didn't
Watson had 8 touches in the last quarter. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back