Autopsy Round 2: Frankston V Richmond @ Frankston Oval - Saturday 2:15pm, 25/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

So does that mean Melbourne only beat us because we had, Deledio, Chaplin, Newman, Conca, Knights, Grimes, Foley, Vickery, Lambert, Petterd all out injured or trying to find form/ fitness in the vfl or are only other clubs allowed the injury excuse when we beat them.
Yep. I don't think they would have beaten us if we had Deledio and Chaplin in. We rant and rant and rant about Richmond losing to bottom teams, but we should keep in mind that we are actually hit with injuries right now. It is a way to get the frustration out I guess

Yep. I don't think they would have beaten us if we had Deledio and Chaplin in. We rant and rant and rant about Richmond losing to bottom teams, but we should keep in mind that we are actually hit with injuries right now. It is a way to get the frustration out I guess
Which is what a lot of people are not realising at the moment or choosing to ignore, hey I thought we could still beat Melbourne with the talent still in the side but in the back of my mind i new that we could also be ripe for the picking and that's how it worked out, from round 3 to round 4 we lost 522 games experience and replaced them with 16 games experience, melbourne went in with about 320 games more experience.

Which is what a lot of people are not realising at the moment or choosing to ignore, hey I thought we could still beat Melbourne with the talent still in the side but in the back of my mind i new that we could also be ripe for the picking and that's how it worked out, from round 3 to round 4 we lost 522 games experience and replaced them with 16 games experience, melbourne went in with about 320 games more experience.
Yes, we were actually way less experienced and younger than Melbourne. they were something like 82 average and we were 69 from what I remember. I expected us to lose that game for that reason. Sometimes though, the annoyance of losing a game like this makes you forget about the reality

Yes, we were actually way less experienced and younger than Melbourne. they were something like 82 average and we were 69 from what I remember. I expected us to lose that game for that reason. Sometimes though, the annoyance of losing a game like this makes you forget about the reality

What happened to the "so called" depth our coach has been mentioning? Sorry but using injuries is an excuse and cop out for losing these kind of games. If we want to be taken seriously these are the kind of the games we should be winning. It is now 2 years in a row we have lost to Melbourne and it is just not acceptable to be losing these kind of games.

What happened to the "so called" depth our coach has been mentioning? Sorry but using injuries is an excuse and cop out for losing these kind of games. If we want to be taken seriously these are the kind of the games we should be winning. It is now 2 years in a row we have lost to Melbourne and it is just not acceptable to be losing these kind of games.
It isn't acceptable, but it isn't a dramatic loss as we were the younger and less experienced team. I expected this to be a loss. The one thing that it does show though is that our remaining superstars cannot cover our deficits enough to drag us over the line when we have injuries, which is a slight concern for me. But we shall wait and see how we go against Geelong

Agree but I don't think Dimma is liking it either. Never heard him refer to the boys as Insipid etc before. That will sting them badly, if they have any pride or give a dam about what the Head coach thinks of them (& They SHOULD!!)

Agree but I don't think Dimma is liking it either. Never heard him refer to the boys as Insipid etc before. That will sting them badly, if they have any pride or give a dam about what the Head coach thinks of them (& They SHOULD!!)
You are correct he has never called them that before. I want to see him become really hard on the team.

You are correct he has never called them that before. I want to see him become really hard on the team.

If you rant and rave people just get used to it & don't take you seriously. But if you deliver Anger in small doses when absolutely necessary. I believe it has a greater effect, but I guess we'll see hey?

Dimma needs to make some tough decisions by dropping certain players i.e. Morris. He has been a major liability this season wherever he has played either in defence or attack. A statement needs to be made starting with the coach. it is about time this club and its leaders stood up and stopped accepting mediocrity on the football field. I am tired of hearing the same crap from the coach saying we are good enough to beat anyone - well start delivering on your words - actions speak louder than words.

Not publicly anyway, no-one here knows what he's been like behind doors.

Having played football many moons ago and received many a spray from the coach, I can tell you that the group spray hurt more than the individual spray because its on all of you.

Having played football many moons ago and received many a spray from the coach, I can tell you that the group spray hurt more than the individual spray because its on all of you.
Except if you play for the Western Bulldogs. Then you just cry to the board and have the coach sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good teams win with injuries, in particular against melbourne. And of that list of injuries only 3-4 players could be considered best 22

Any chance C.Ellis will come up this week?
Or should he have another run in the 2s?
I'd give him another week, no need to rush him in considering how much pre-season he missed
Foley, Lennon and Vickery all come in, depending on the weather you could bring McBean in as a 3rd tall to stay at home while Vickery rucks
We've been crying out for a small crumbing forward, McBean fills that need

Interesting fact off the VFL forum:
Conor Menadue is the son of former Sunshine player Bernie Menadue.
Bernie Menadue is one of the few footballers who can claim to have kicked his team's entire score. In 1984 Box Hill 39.33(267) defeated Sunshine 2.1(13) and Bernie was the only Crow to get on the scoresheet.

Probably would have put that under the heading of uninteresting fact!

Looks like Vickery had a bit of size on his opposition
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-27/vfl-round-2-vickery

Bloody easy to see the clubs agenda in these VFL reports and videos week in week out.

People might say i'm being conspiratorial but the guys who get talked up are the often maligned ones but Dimma's favourites who then stink it up in the AFL a week later. Thomas and Grigg got talked up a lot last year for average games, Nahas the year before when it seems guys like McDonough and Lennon (this year anyway) have to do twice as much to get talked up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back