Review Round 2. GC vs. St. Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what Bluey is going to say after this.

Pathetic effort by the Gold Coast against average opposition. What is going to happen against a Top 4 contender? Bluey will be headless because this is going backwards from an impressive first year.

Very, very disappointing lack of improvement.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched GWS today and they have one big advantage over us...some avenues to goal
I guess it all goes back to when we first recruited, we got the best we could, but most of the hope went into young guys coming good fairly rapidly

It's hard to maintain the faith

So very very good. Was almost Saints v Ablett.

Gold Coast have selected some brilliant players Ablett is clearly the best player in the League. Can't wait too see O'Meara play next year, really disappointed that we couldn't get him. He will be another star for you.

It just seemed to me that they seemed to accept such an effort. I they had one of the Scott brothers as coach there would be no eye contact or smiling I can tell you!

I saw Gaz Junior talking to Gaz Senior in the rooms at halftime. Do you think anyone would notice if we threw a guernsey on the old man and stuck him in a forward pocket. He's still built like a brick shithouse!!

I saw Gaz Junior talking to Gaz Senior in the rooms at halftime. Do you think anyone would notice if we threw a guernsey on the old man and stuck him in a forward pocket. He's still built like a brick shithouse!!

SEN noticed. Expect a story about Gary Snr's access to the Suns rooms and the amount of leeway Jr gets.

Bad luck today guys.

Ablett, amazing.
Swallow was good, but disposal still poor at times. Ran hard though.
Caddy was at heaps of contests but was unable to get clean possessions or lay effective tackles.
Prestia was good.
Bennell was down on last week, didn't look as silky today.
I'm sure Rischa put in an effort but he really needs to stand up in the face of adversity. As a senior player, he should be contributing more than he is.
Harbrow was great.
Russell looks really fit. Arizona was clearly a massive benefit, and looked lively all day.
Brennan was not too bad.
May and Warnock were fairly solid down back, as well as Lynch playing on Riewoldt for the majority of the second half.

The main areas they kicked the goals from were turnovers, as stated by the commentators. Heaps of free flowing play from the Saints lead to uncontested possessions and easy goals.

But still, we are losing in what we were supposedly good at last year, clearances and contested possession. I dunno, we just need to click. Perhaps it's the bounce of the ball, but we seriously need to think about how we play for next week. Down in the tackle count by a fair margin as well.

To be honest, I couldn't care less if the whole team gets reported next week, as long as they show a bit of mongrel and attack the footy hard around the stoppages.

Was extremely frustrated watching today...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back