Game Day Round 2 - GWS vs Melbourne, Sat 11th Apr 2.10pm at Startrack Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
A big one for both teams. Both have struggled results wise for the last few years and are coming off first round wins. The chance to dive into the season with two start up wins will be one that both clubs will be craving.

I don't think we need any major team shake up for this one. Fair enough, we were rusty against the Saints, but apart from the Hawks, I didn't see another side on the weekend who wasn't. The player most at risk would have to be Corr i think. He was the inclusion in round 1 that most didn't see coming, and he didn't do enough to justify it IMO. Kenners and Buntine would both be worthy ins.

Also hoping the Giants faithfull in the nation's capital turn out in numbers for the first home game of the season.

How do you guys see it?

Hampton was very average... And with such good defenders in the wings his spot is up for grabs imo

Also bugg was ordinary so maybe cogs gets his starting position

I predict another close one, at least early. Suspect the occasion will get both young sides nervous and the game will start off with a few clangers. First team to settle might get their nose in front and manage to keep it there. I suspect the the Demons will struggle to match up on our forwards. Will be interesting to see if Frosty gets the job on Jezza.

Given frost is being groomed as a KPF I would like to see him duel one of our defenders.

Davis has to wear hogan like a glove.
I would play Haynes on frost and match his athleticism.

I would back Cameron and McCarthy to get the jump on McDonald, Dunn and garland

Both teams make disposal clangers under pressure. Giants to win if they can kick accurately early and lead by half time.

Looking forward to this game, probably be the most evenly matched game we've had so far (no doubt the Giants have had the wood over us in recent years).
Be interested to see what Roos does with Frost if he brings Dawes back in.

Looking forward to this game, probably be the most evenly matched game we've had so far (no doubt the Giants have had the wood over us in recent years).
Be interested to see what Roos does with Frost if he brings Dawes back in.
One of us is going to be top 4.Good for footy.

One of us is going to be top 4.Good for footy.
Glad to see your happy for the Dees being top 4 VP.
I'll see if I can get you a signed copy of "The Hulk and The Prince"

Your right though, I'd like to see both teams still in the top 10 after round 4

Glad to see your happy for the Dees being top 4 VP.
I'll see if I can get you a signed copy of "The Hulk and The Prince"

Your right though, I'd like to see both teams still in the top 10 after round 4
We will win 10 or more games this year for sure.
Dees on the other hand will aim to win 8.
By next year our mids will be lighting quick and better under pressure,top 6 in 2016.

I see this as a potentially season defining game for us. A weak performance (and a loss here) and serious questions will be raised if we have actually improved on last year.

A win will give us a big confidence boost, meaning going in undefeated against the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see this as a potentially season defining game for us. A weak performance (and a loss here) and serious questions will be raised if we have actually improved on last year.

A win will give us a big confidence boost, meaning going in undefeated against the Swans.
Totally agree. To win we need to be better than last week but a win here setsup that 10 win goal as an achievable reality

i was a little bit surprised not seeing kennedy in against stkilda. griffen will get a hard tag this week probably from viney he did a pretty good job on ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back