Round 2: St Kilda vs GWS @ Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually looking forward to this one!

Think the Giants will get up.

Cameron & Patton to kick 10 between them.

Saints for mine.
Getting Montagna and Hayes back helps immensely.
They'll have their work cut out covering Cameron & Patton, but i'm not sure GWS really have anyone capable of going with Riewoldt.
And winning down in Melbourne might just prove a step too far for the young Giants at this stage

Saints by 15 points

It's actually a good test for GWS. They were impressive against Sydney and will draw a lot of confidence; however, people forget that they've only won 4/45 games in their existence.

I think St.Kilda will prevail at home by 15 points, Riewoldt will provide a handful and bag 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I've ever seen GWS play 2 good games back to back.

Saints will win this, good start to the season being 2-0.

Sneaky chance for finals??

I'd never seen GWS beat Sydney, either.

For GWS to win, they need to win the ball in the midfield and get clean fast ball to Patton and Cameron.

For St Kilda to win, they need Reiwoldt to dominate, and to stop GWS getting a run on at any time.

It should be a good game.

I'd never seen GWS beat Sydney, either.

For GWS to win, they need to win the ball in the midfield and get clean fast ball to Patton and Cameron.

For St Kilda to win, they need Reiwoldt to dominate, and to stop GWS getting a run on at any time.

It should be a good game.

Lenny Hayes & Montagna big ins! Saints by a few!

I've tipped the Giants with no confidence. Will be a good battle up forward, without Davis I'm not sure if the Giants have anyone to go with Riewoldt but at the other end you have the twin towers who will stretch the Saints vulnerable defence. Game will be won in the middle I think.

Would have said GWS by 40 points a couple weeks ago. Although St. Kilda don't seem as woeful as I was expecting this year. Giants in a close one

Yes they beat us in the preseason but preseason games don't always transfer to the real stuff. Also no 9 pointers and Shiels nailing them from 55 this time ;) I think it could be a bit of a shoot out. No Davis who usually runs with Roo and Cameron and Patton will stretch our defense. Hopefully home ground advantage will favour us. Will be an interesting contest.

Yes they beat us in the preseason but preseason games don't always transfer to the real stuff.
IIRC, they also beat the Saints last year in the pre-season then when they met in round 3, the Saints won by about 12 goals.

Yes they beat us in the preseason but preseason games don't always transfer to the real stuff. Also no 9 pointers and Shiels nailing them from 55 this time ;) I think it could be a bit of a shoot out. No Davis who usually runs with Roo and Cameron and Patton will stretch our defense. Hopefully home ground advantage will favour us. Will be an interesting contest.

Relatively speaking, GWS played better against Sydney than St Kilda did against Melbourne - although to be fair, both clubs were advantaged by the fact their opponents couldnt kick straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back