Round 2 Vs Adelaide - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With us playing a hard in close contested syle of play, we are likely to move the ball slower, therefore opposition will be back to defend against us. I would like to see us approach our fwd line in a Eagles land of the giants style;

Hf: Dahl Jones Gia
F: Cordy Panos Roughead

Imagine kicking long to the square with two 200cm giants flying for the ball, and straight shooter Panos on the lead if need be.

So my ins would be;

In: Griff, Cordy, Panos
Out: Howard, Wallis, Grant

I think this is a big game for Roughead, if he does fail and not take enough marks around the ground I'd bring in Cordy against St Kilda.

I think the match against GWS is a good chance for rotations and giving players like Skinner, Panos and Hill a good run in the seniors to see if they can match it.

Any ruck is going to struggle against NN and Cox

Roughead was impressive during NAB and i thought his game was pretty solid considering circumstances and comparing to the rest of the team.

Lets see how he goes against a side with no real second ruck, maybe Mckernan or Tippett.

The thing about being 'too tall' in the forward line is generally these big guys are crap when the ball hits the ground and too slow to apply defensive pressure when the opposition gets the ball.

As far as Im aware, neigher of those apply to cordy, so I dont think adding him to the forward mix makes us too tall.

Jones is the roaming CHF up the ground.
The resting ruck (minson/roughy) is in the square as a long target
Cordy is running around somehwere in between stretching their defence and taking pressure of Jones.

The fact that ayce can also ruck a bit and shift onto an opposition beanpole if requried is a bonus too

Good to see DJ in i think he could be a suprise packet this year.
Griff speaks for himself.
Wallis maybe a bit unlucky but he really needs to get in and get his own ball more.

I agree with you Beaser but especially regarding DJ - I think he might become a fixture in our best 22 and I think the coach will like his pace, defensive pressure and strong attack on the ball.

Not unhappy with that team. Backs and forwards will be given at least 2, probably 3 games to take their opportunities and then the change will come. I think the ruck is being misread a bit. Roughy will be given every opportunity this year and while not the consensus, I thought he was the better of our rucks last week. Minson will be one of the ones most under pressure this year. I thought they may have rested Smith after such an exhaustive effort but he is clearly one tough sob. Wallis was most likely to go if Smith came through unscathed. Griff and DJ will add some spark. Adelaide should be worried.

I agree bring Tutt on about 5 minutes into the 3rd Quarter like we did for his debut and he kicked 3 goals straight :p Seeing that he is unfit and can not run out a full game as of yet think he would be the perfect impact player we have. Very fast and has a great kick on him (with a bit more size this year)

Grant to play full game as he has pace and height and might be able to use that to his advantage against the not soo fast Adelaide backline..

Will be tough but this game will noly be won by that 1 or 2 goals that we sneak in on teh counter attack with pace over the press..

Say what?

Tutt kicked three of the first four goals on debut?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just tend to avoid that page full stop only to check for vids or scores.
so much negative stuff posted, so glad they got rid of our posting rights.

Jesus. Remind me never to venture onto the Dogs FB page after team selections.
I've learnt to only go to facebook to keep track with the people from Topless Robot. Anything else and my brain starts to rot, especially the people that comment on Bulldogs posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back