Round 20 Captain / Vice Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky C.

Can't decide between Ward and Boomer for my VC on Saturday night. Any thoughts? Thinking Ward atm.

Ward is a safer bet and will probably give you 120+ but theres a small chance Boomer could go huge....im taking that chance.

fyfe into libba.
is there a thread where you post your overall ranking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely scott will take sj faward if crowley is toweling him up early. there's no point having sj in the guts if he ain't getting near the pill.
sj can still take contested marks? kick goals and goal assists as crowley isnt a great defender. tag should switch to selwood pretty quick id say. was gonna role the dice and sub sj for caddy in the mids. good game last week

how a out the big roughie as vc. hawks should have plenty og inside 50's against dees.
no gunston may be a good thing or may not

hanley a good one. only thing nearly all his possies aren't contested so would need good kicking efficiency which he has and a couple of goals would help.
freo v cats should be a close game. big points up for grabs in the last. selwood and fyfe love contested ball. real tough this week

Nearly all my vc possibilities seem a bit unsuited by their matchups this week, but Murphy is the exception. Has managed some big scores in the right situations this year and this week looks perfect for him. Playing at home against Gold Coast who have been giving up big scores since Ablett was injured. Hayes scored 155 against them last week and the previous week it was Hanley 191, Zorko 159 and Rockliff 175 despite being tagged. Prior to that it was Macrae scoring 172 and Dahlhouse 141 against them and before that Pendlebury scored 134.

If Murphy fails the captain will be tricky but Selwood, who scored 140 last time against Freo, should be the safest pick.

Nearly all my vc possibilities seem a bit unsuited by their matchups this week, but Murphy is the exception. Has managed some big scores in the right situations this year and this week looks perfect for him. Playing at home against Gold Coast who have been giving up big scores since Ablett was injured. Hayes scored 155 against them last week and the previous week it was Hanley 191, Zorko 159 and Rockliff 175 despite being tagged. Prior to that it was Macrae scoring 172 and Dahlhouse 141 against them and before that Pendlebury scored 134.

If Murphy fails the captain will be tricky but Selwood, who scored 140 last time against Freo, should be the safest pick.

Marc "Super-Premo" Murphy @ Etihad Stadium 2014
122, 153, 148, 118, 88, 124, 104
Average: 122.43

Last edited:
Really think the Murphy VC option is interesting. But what do people think of having Boomer as VC?

Goes huge against the bottom sides, registering 169, 179, 145, 131 and 150 against WB, BL, Rich, Melb, and StK. Although there is that 71 point game against Brisbane the second time round, I reckon after North have lost 2 in a row that they'll bounce back hard against GWS. I think I might take the risk.

Really think the Murphy VC option is interesting. But what do people think of having Boomer as VC?

Goes huge against the bottom sides, registering 169, 179, 145, 131 and 150 against WB, BL, Rich, Melb, and StK. Although there is that 71 point game against Brisbane the second time round, I reckon after North have lost 2 in a row that they'll bounce back hard against GWS. I think I might take the risk.
I'm likely going to trade Gunston to Boomer 2 minutes before the Kanga's game tomorrow and then put the VC on Boomer!

Beware the Bugg tag though. Has bitten a few guns of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back