VFL Round 20 - Collingwood vs Port Melbourne at Victoria Park (Pies WON 72-64, replay & stats page 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, I guess it depends how aggressive you come across (I'm not sure how angry you get or how threatening you seem). But if there was some bloke going absolutely off his head among young families I can understand wanting to settle that person down.

I was not in the Stands at all.

Was nothing rough about it.

Did you see the People in the Bob Rose Stand and Port Fans near there?

No one else was saying anything.

Can't say dickhead? God its a Nanny State Then

We all know and love your passion for the Pies TD but it's not really a good look swearing at the top of your voice. Flog, muppet, peanut are all suitable G rated alternatives that get the message across ;)

Anyways, sounds like a good win by our VFL boys and we look forward to you thoughts and summary of the game later on after you get home :thumbsu:

Chill out TD - enjoy the game mate but it's not worth getting worked up over.

I'll be looking out for you on Lulu St shouting profanities this week, should be easy enough to spot.

:D

That was the only Time I got Really Loud

Scrappy game out at Vic Park today really.

Wet, windy and bloody cold but it was a hard fought side between one team going a little under paced (us) and Port playing hard in their final game of the season.

We let them back into it in the third term and they took advantage of it, taking the lead several times.

We got 3 goals in a row in the final term though and that won us the game.

Oxley was our best, marked well all game, and his kicking was sublime, he comes in next week.

Karnezis, Kennedy and Witts probably the next best of the listed players.

Onto the finals next week, versus the loser of tomorrow's Werribee vs Footscray match.

Good loud crowd at Vic Park today. Port Melbourne fans always turn up to support their team, and I admire that.

A very noisy (and drunk:drunk:) group in the Bob Rose stand, broke out 'Good Old Collingwood Forever' after the siren, in the absence of the recorded version. Was heartfelt and much appreciated.

Good win in the end for us. A difficult day, wet and windy, slippery on the ground, and freezing in the stands.:(

Of the listed players, The Ox you'd think will be called up next week. PK played well, but based on the pattern of the last year or so, he may not get a call up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oxley was our best, marked well all game, and his kicking was sublime, he comes in next week.

Karnezis, Kennedy and Witts probably the next best of the listed players.

7 intercept marks for Ox, by my count. The last one was the best, back with the flight, almost killed Seedsman for good measure. Terriffic game.

Agree on the other 3, although I'd also add Dwyer and Goodyear as worthy of special mention as well. And the usual suspects from the VFL crew of Hellier and Moloney were very good as well.

Any truth to Dave's claim that Witts did his ankle?

Done well to win this game, Port seemed to have put a fair bit of work into todays game with match ups etc. A scrappy affair and a battle of defences.

Oxley - one of the best along with Dwyer and Frost. Read the play well and some confident intercept marks.

Seedsman - played mostly wing today and done ok. One of the better kicks, but missed a couple of long shots on goal he should have converted.

Frost - really solid down back. Nice spoils and some important intercept marks especially in the third when Port where coming strong. Still lets his opponent lead him to the ball at times and fumbles were also somewhat present, but we wouldn't have won without him. Also sense that some of his fumbles are deliberate to just knock the ball on or over the line. Harder to get penalised if you don't take possession

Young - like Seedsman played mostly wing. It wasn't a day for space, but think he tried hard to impact the game.

Kennedy - copped a hard tag today, battled hard, but not his usual influence at this level.

Armstrong - typical Armstrong game, important member of our VFL team providing some good run today along side a good defensive game

Witts - liked his game today, good taps and some solid marks around the ground. More often than not insured the ball came to ground if he couldn't mark.

Karnezis - played more forward today and provided a target. Didn't take many marks, but followed up and done well when the ball hit the deck creating several opportunities

Dwyer - provided some nice bursts from the packs today and one of his best games. Kicking much improved from last week.

Cox - Port put a lot of effort into him when he went forward and he wasn't allowed to be one out today. Always provided a contest, but often found the ball going over his head inside the 50. Aside from one blooper where he seemed to have the ball spent before he got it he was good around the ground and like Witts took from nice grabs.

Macaffer - another good game, found a fair bit of ball and made good composed decisions when he got it

Manteit - played half back and while he made a couple of mistakes I thought he was good defensively

Goodyear - much like last week, seemed to have a defensive midfield role and backed up last weeks good game.

7 intercept marks for Ox, by my count. The last one was the best, back with the flight, almost killed Seedsman for good measure. Terriffic game.

Agree on the other 3, although I'd also add Dwyer and Goodyear as worthy of special mention as well. And the usual suspects from the VFL crew of Hellier and Moloney were very good as well.

Any truth to Dave's claim that Witts did his ankle?

Yeah, it was on the wing towards the end of the last quarter. Initially noticed it in a ruck contest, before Witts went the ground holding his leg. He battled on though and looked in a bit of pain as hobbled between repeat ruck contests (mix of ball ups and throw ins). Cox picked up that Witts seemed to struggling and pushed up the ground allowing Witts to go off. Not sure if he came back on.

Yeah, it was on the wing towards the end of the last quarter. Initially noticed it in a ruck contest, before Witts went the ground holding his leg. He battled on though and looked in a bit of pain as hobbled between repeat ruck contests (mix of ball ups and throw ins). Cox picked up that Witts seemed to struggling and pushed up the ground allowing Witts to go off. Not sure if he came back on.

Nup - Witts never came back on but looked better Walking Off

Thanks.

The erosion continues...:(

Sam on the Live Chat mentioned that Michael Still should be available again next week, so that might help things a bit.

Would That Smart to play someone who missed so much in a Final?

Good win by the twos
Nice finish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back