• Eagles by 37 or more

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Dockers by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? You seem to have Freo's measure atm while your defence is still undermanned. I'm not denying playing on your home ground is going to be an advantage but the Hawks go alright travelling

Yeah I would rather play Freo then the Hawks. The difference between this week and last week is that Hawks took their chances and put on scoreboard pressure. Freo didn't. It's a reoccurring problem.

You mean that quarter where we literally had no denfenders?
It wouldn't have mattered had you had Schofield, McKenzie, McGovern etc.. it was our ball movement and kicking that dramatically improved as well as our midfield work. You look at the way our midfield was going before half time. I mean for crying out loud Barlow.. Michael Barlow was subbed, thats how bad we were going.

Josh Hill - wtf
If it was going to be anyone other than Sandilands then surely Luke Shuey was the Obviois choice
Sandilands? Really? Got a bunch of hitouts which had almost no impact on the game and barely touched the ball other than that. Sinkers had a bigger impact than Sandilands.

Why? You seem to have Freo's measure atm while your defence is still undermanned. I'm not denying playing on your home ground is going to be an advantage but the Hawks go alright travelling

We have their measure based on today's result only. That was our first derby win in the last 7, and they pantsed us in Rd 3.

Home ground advantage (40k WC fans, not 20k) and Hawthorn having to travel are important, but I think we match up better with the Hawks - key backs excluded.

We struggle against Freo because their on ballers are very good and they have Sandilands in the middle. They also choke our game style a fair bit. Our big strength is winning fast, clean clearances with Naitanui and Shuey, Yeo etc. and getting the ball to our forwards. Hawthorn don't have dominant rucks, so the midfield battle is a bit more even.

We can kick a score. My point is the evidence is we did 7 in that quarter, all we have to do is turn that into a four quarter performance. We have hardly had a four quarter performance this year, hence all the low scores. Same with those losses you are talking about.
I'm sure you'll kick 7 in a qtr again against another team without their top 4 defenders.

Well done.

It wouldn't have mattered had you had Schofield, McKenzie, McGovern etc.. it was our ball movement and kicking that dramatically improved as well as our midfield work. You look at the way our midfield was going before half time. I mean for crying out loud Barlow.. Michael Barlow was subbed, thats how bad we were going.

Wouldn't have moved the ball like that if we had Naitanui though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe does well to hit the opposition lace out over 20m...
You musn't have watch the game, he hit numerous paces lace out on Freo chests 20m away. The only time he "butchered" it was when being tackled or the time he shot on goal and tried to pass off to Walters who didnt move.

You musn't have watch the game, he hit numerous paces lace out on Freo chests 20m away. The only time he "butchered" it was when being tackled or the time he shot on goal and tried to pass off to Walters who didnt move.
Aww he's getting tackled? he must be the only player in the AFL to get tackled... Well all is forgiven, I shouldn't expect him to execute under such duress.

You going to write off Dangerfield for 1 aspect of his game (which isn't even that bad) then expect me to completely write off Fyfe using the same dumb logic.

Aww he's getting tackled? he must be the only player in the AFL to get tackled... Well all is forgiven, I shouldn't expect him to execute under such duress.

You going to write off Dangerfield for 1 aspect of his game (which isn't even that bad) then expect me to completely write off Fyfe using the same dumb logic.
Well done on using your simple and flawed logic. Not once did my post state that Dangerfield was getting tackled when hitting 20m passes. Nor did I say Fyfe was doing that. When you get tackled of course it's pretty hard to kick the ball to a team mate, you usually scramble a ball forward. Dangerfield's problem is that he is like Rhys Palmer.. He kicks off the side of the boot on the run while not under any pressure.

Honestly the stupidity of posters in this forum is beyond belief at this times, reading what is not written. It's like being back in Primary school.

Just like how it made no difference having Mcpharlin out and Silvangi in?

Take out both and Johnson as well and tell me it wouldn't of made any difference to your defense.

Then take out Sandilands and Walters (Ballantyne is barely a loss) and see how your mid and forward pressure looks.

eagles beat us and beat us easily. The last quarter was Eagles taking their foot off like we have on many of our games. Forward line was very average (with the exception of Walters) and we sorely missed McPharlin. We got flogged by the better team on the day. Move on to next week

Sandilands had 2 marks. Tallest bloke on the ground, against a defensive with no talls and he takes 2 marks all game. Other than his hitouts he did **** all. Lycett did **** all too and still had a goal. 2 goals between Lycett and Sinclair and twice as many marks.

He put it on a silver platter for their mids...

Like Naitanui, couldn't give a toss if he doesn't mark it, kick it or whatever

When you are responsible for winning about 25 clearances .. The toughest part of football, the you are dominant

Back