Review Round 20 - PORT ADELAIDE V GWS GIANTS SAT AUG 15 16:05 ACST ADELAIDE OVAL

Remove this Banner Ad

100%, and I also think we played pretty well, but their last quarter effort was significantly better than ours
We ran out of legs towards the end, Davis out, Lobb battling, General looked shot in the last. I thought the effort was good, just not our day. Port did some good stuff. (and some filth)

Nope, 1st 3 quarters I can agree, but the last quarter, they were swarming when it should have been us

That ignores how we were down on players and rotations which goes along way to explaining why port were able to run over the top. Plus throw in the fact we only a 6 day turn around compared to ports 7 and playing away from home in front of a tough crowd it all adds up in the end

We all see things differently, but surely you have to consider the outs and injury toll would impact our run in the end?

Dont get me wrong, I am a supporter not a critic, but we were outplayed in the last quarter, outs mean nothing the 22 named are supposed to do the job, that's how you make and win finals. Davis going down early hurt our defensive stricture, but I thought for the last 20 minutes we were comprehensively beaten in the middle, nothing to do with the backs. I didn't see the final count but at one pint it was 8 inside 50s to 1.
Wingard is a freak, and his goals were telling, but Davis wouldn't have been his man, fact is the ball was in their half a lot more than it should have been,

Very interested to hear Leon's take on it.

Also way more confident of beating the Swans than I was of winning this game.

That ignores how we were down on players and rotations which goes along way to explaining why port were able to run over the top. Plus throw in the fact we only a 6 day turn around compared to ports 7 and playing away from home in front of a tough crowd it all adds up in the end

Agreed, but the game is played 22 vs 22.
Ours didn't last as long, excuses are just that.

Great effort by the boys. Up against it with injuries even before the match started. All I can say is next week may get messy which is a massive shame. Bound to have a few more best 22 out injured. Full house at spotless would be nice to have a close game but I just can't see it right now with the team we will have

Watch the last 2 quarters I thought griff and ward were great, I think we are going to big in the froward line with Patton cameron sunshine and lobb I thought Patton was still worried about his knee taking small and gentle steps to the footy and every time lobb was in the ruck we lost the clearence. If we had our midfield in we probably would of won

Watch the last 2 quarters I thought griff and ward were great, I think we are going to big in the froward line with Patton cameron sunshine and lobb I thought Patton was still worried about his knee taking small and gentle steps to the footy and every time lobb was in the ruck we lost the clearence. If we had our midfield in we probably would of won
Griff was our BOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see what happens to Trengove for punching Lobb on his injured leg.

Don't be stupid - nothing.

Our boys will be fined for the meles - there might be a couple on the other side for the same thing. Beyond that - absolutely nothing.

Nothing for slam tackles, nothing for punching.

If Westhoff goes up to the tribunal, Cameron will get a week. And if Wingard gets charged, Whitfield will get two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back