Review Round 21, 2015 - Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• 1 Luke Mcguane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Josh Green

• 7 Jed Adcock

• 13 Trent West

• 21 Daniel Merrett

• 24 Liam Dawson

• 25 Daniel McStay

• 26 Tom Cutler

• 32 Sam Mayes

• 46 Billy Evans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a painful reminder of how badly we can be punished when we go missing for parts of the game against a good side.

How good was Reddens kicking?!

Some of the boys put in big efforts. Can't blame the players effort.

Hopefully the Crows kick on in the finals.

If this makes sense it was our best biggest liss of the season. It wasn't so much that we were bad. They were very good and take out 1 bad loss to Sydney they are probably the form team of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Merrett played reasonably well. Good experience for Andrews having Walker kick 7 on him.

Zorko had a fantastic game

Harris Andrews got beaten a few time by Stroger more experienced players... But he stopped a hell of a lot more than he let through. Great game from Harris. If he continues on this trend he will be elite with 3 or 4 pre seasons.

Christensen had a good game also. Our most dangerous player at the moment.

Freeman was good. Midfield slaughter stopped him showing much tonight.

McGuane had a few good moments also.

Merrett had a shocking game.... No feel... Poor instincts, poor decisions.

ZOB's last season surely. Hard worker...
But just not skilled enough. He can hold his head up high..... He got all that was possible out of his career.

Not sure what Redden's stats were tonight... Sure he laid a few tackles.... But he didn't affect the game.

Mayes showed some poise... Received a lot of hospital passes. Ok game.

Hanley had a very poor game.
We missed Rich.

Green didn't do much. He's excused first half back.

If we can get rid of Jed, then Merrett should go as well. Let the youngins do the job, they'll learn the hard way like they had to in the past. Won't do any worse than we are now.

Merrett is a liability.
As bad as Merret was tonight and as ordinary as Jed has been this year I still think they have another 12 months of usefulness in them for the club. When it comes to delistings I think the club has more immediate concerns like Paine/Staker/ZoB and even McGuane who's knee is dicey, plus some other C graders on the list who have done nothing in their time here, thats what the club has to look at first, lets turn them over first before we look at club stalwarts in their twilight years.

I will just focus mostly on the younger players since they are the ones that we need to come on if we are going to be competitive in the next few seasons:

Harris Andrews continues to impress. An off-season in the gym and some fitness work and he is going to be a revelation in the next season or two. Such a good young player to have and he already seems to have such a good understanding of his role.

Dawson and Cutler also look like they will benefit from a big pre-season and come back with a little bit of AFL experience next season to start to use their skills. I think both of them just need to play a bit more and they will have some sort of a breakout game and be on their way. Both are nervous at times but I think that's they way it is for some young players - not all of them simply step up to the level required. With a few more games under their belts I think we will see them begin to look much more comfortable.

Taylor has been a fixture in the team for two seasons now and he is such a hard worker in being an option for others. Still some disposal improvement needed but he involves himself in the game in a way similar to Zorko and Hanley, just with a little less confidence at the moment. He will always have the liability of his size but he brings enough other qualities.

Don't know why you guys are voting for Harris Andrews in the poll? he had 7 goals kicked on him!!

I am not surprised at all. You wouldn't be confident of your financial state after winning Oz Lotto.

This is a confusing reply.

Are you saying losing by 86 should fill me with confidence or even if the Lions were dominating I still wouldn't be confident?

Last edited:
Back