Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BluesvDemonsR21620.jpg

AFL Preview

upload_2015-8-22_17-24-37.png

upload_2015-8-22_17-25-37.png

Video Streams

Local viewers can see games on Foxtel, via XBox or T-Box or via the AFL Live mobile app.

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/.

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams.

Your account will be suspended for a day.

Hogan to kick 10 pls

Jamison, Rowe and Docherty are all good defenders. Can't see Hogan kicking 10 unless we smash them in the midfield and double our usual inside 50 count. We're lucky to break even against any midfield atm. As much as I'd like to see him kick 10, I'd be surprised if he kicked more than 3 or 4.

Jamison, Rowe and Docherty are all good defenders. Can't see Hogan kicking 10 unless we smash them in the midfield and double our usual inside 50 count. We're lucky to break even against any midfield atm. As much as I'd like to see him kick 10, I'd be surprised if he kicked more than 3 or 4.
In what universe? It's sure as hell not this one.

I wonder which Melbourne will show up today; the one that wilts at the slightest amount of pressure and which makes dissapointing it's fans an art form or the one that... the one that.. wait ... I know this.... Oh. Oh right, there is no second option.

I wonder which Melbourne will show up today; the one that wilts at the slightest amount of pressure and which makes dissapointing it's fans an art form or the one that... the one that.. wait ... I know this.... Oh. Oh right, there is no second option.
You've become bitter and disillusioned Stabler. Me too ha ha! No I think we are definitely improving, we've finally got some kids that other clubs are jealous of: Hogan, Gus, Salem as well as Petracca ready for the big unveil next season. That's more hope than we've had in a long long time. Now I reckon we just need to weed out the guys who have learned to go at 90% and replace them with some hungry mean campaigners. I have faith in JT.
better win and win well today but...

In what universe? It's sure as hell not this one.

Jamison was an All Australian defender wasn't he? Still goes ok IMO. Rowe is under rated, again IMO. And Docherty has been one of Carlton's better pick ups over the last few years. Sure, they aren't top tier defenders, but they are better than most people on here are giving them credit for. As good as Hogan has been, I just don't think he will kick 10 goals on these guys. He's got more chance against GWS in the last round with Davis out IMO.

I'm counting on superdees to show up today. A bag for Hogan and 3 apiece for Vince, Garlett and Watts. And 2 for Dawes plus 4 behinds (obviously) and a surprise goal for Maxi and a skippers goal for Jones. Who else is in? Salem right. He can have 3 and maybe 4 for Newton to make up for not being selected. And stretch gets 2 so he doesn't feel left out.

Is that enough? I can't be stuffed adding it up

Not a loss pls :$
We won't lose if Jesse kicks 10 and Jeffy kicks 5 though. Part of my penchant for Jeffy kicking 5 is because it's his old team.

On another note, this is probably the best opportunity for Newton to make an impact. Get the footy, slot a goal or two, run, chase and just dig in for the team. I'll be watching his game closely today. No excuses Ben.

Jamison was an All Australian defender wasn't he? Still goes ok IMO. Rowe is under rated, again IMO. And Docherty has been one of Carlton's better pick ups over the last few years. Sure, they aren't top tier defenders, but they are better than most people on here are giving them credit for. As good as Hogan has been, I just don't think he will kick 10 goals on these guys. He's got more chance against GWS in the last round with Davis out IMO.

Jamieson was a good defender, body lets him down and he's pretty much on his last legs. Rowe gets boatloads of goals kicked on him and Docherty is solid but more a midfielder than a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty is 184cm running defender.

Rowe has been terrible this year, Carlton fans are surprised that he didn't get dropped this week.

Jamison is vastly overrated and Hogan has dealt with a lot better.

If we get the ball in there enough then Hogan will rip them to pieces.

You've become bitter and disillusioned Stabler. Me too ha ha! No I think we are definitely improving, we've finally got some kids that other clubs are jealous of: Hogan, Gus, Salem as well as Petracca ready for the big unveil next season. That's more hope than we've had in a long long time. Now I reckon we just need to weed out the guys who have learned to go at 90% and replace them with some hungry mean campaigners. I have faith in JT.
better win and win well today but...

IMO draft picks are meaningless until they play. I'm sure clubs were "jealous" of Toumpas too...

even though I have Foxtel and all, every week I get this weird urged to post a request for links to streams just to see how mean RandB can get when prodded. I figure he would either nod indulgently and twinkle, kind of like Robin Williams in pretty much every movie, or strike like a leopard on a lowly faun. Assuming leopards and fauns are local to one another and within striking distance. Maybe I'm really thinking of Impala.

Obviously I totally wouldn't though - but if someone wanted to sort of experiment and I could observe, that would be a nice way to kill time before the match.

Go Dees

Joe Daniher put in the ultimate "GTFO" performance a few weeks back.

He actually has potential though. The others I listed, and Casboult, are spuds.

sadly have recovered from pneumonia in time for today, so I guess I'm going, mainly just a pilgrimage to hogan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back