Review Round 21 - Giants vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Should be a very winnable game for us but with us missing about 7 guys from our best 22 and the season getting a bit long for many, plus any day now we might throw in another guy for season ending surgery so its safe to say win number 5 won't come easy.

Ins - Hampton, Hunt, Frost
Outs - Plowman, Golds, Lamb

Last edited:
Yes definitely Hampton. Been missing his run from the back. Need him to get more penetration as we look lost sometimes trying to bring it through the midfield.

Frost, Hampton and Hunt possible inclusions for this game although not sure who to drop. Plowman just to undersized needs to be either 3rd tall or back pocket instead of playing on 200cm players
Kennedy looking tired to me, he has only missed the one game and our back line has been busy and will wait and see on Lambs injury
and as always could be the player the coaches have forgotten about time to get a game

McCarthy is being kept under wraps for the Collingwood game to play on Cloke
I reckon next monday 9 am 5 Giants will be in theatre and the we will see Giles, Downie and McCarthy as KPD
Gilham up front with Stewart and Boyd
I am sure both the Pies and Dogs are looking forward to their games

I'm tipping us to win this. Melbourne have really struggled to score recently (average score of 51 the past five games), and the North game was a really embarrassing loss given how quickly they ran away with it - last time we put in a performance that poor we came within 7 points of Hawthorn at the G the next week. Our midfield is much better than theirs and Patton seems to be building up to a big game. This is the perfect game to have that real break out performance - it's simultaneously an opportunity for an important win and an opportunity to beat up on weak opposition (in relation to the entire league, not us).

On the other hand, Melbourne have come a fair way since they lost to us earlier in the season. I'll go with the Giants by two goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can actually see the dees winning this. (*ducks for cover*)

stick to the game plan, do the simple things and we should get our 1st win at the G.

really hoping someone steps us this week, dont care who, just someone to be a standout!!!

Definitely not thinking we are winning this 100%, think of the names we have out... Mohr, Whitfield, Scully, Coniglio, Cameron all walk up starters. I'm not sure what the injury front is over at Melbourne but I know I'd feel a lot more comfortable going in with at least 3 of those guys on the paddock. Hoping for a good, close contest. Would love another GIANT victory.

Lots of scuttlebutt on radio today that both teams are desperate to lose this game!!

Melbourne want pick 2 and 3 and we probably want pick 2 presumably for Petracca.

Both St Kilda and Melbourne are vying for leverage to bring in some of our kids.

Should be fascinating and compelling to see what eventuates!

Personally with what has happened in the past with Melbourne I don't think any club would be silly enough to tank.

The players will always give 110% as it's just instinct.

We do look pretty tired so it will be hard but if they can rally for 4 quarters we can do it.

The players aren't going to be playing to lose - I can tell you that much. I don't think they care about drafting Petracca, quite honestly.

That being said, I'm not too upset if we lose this one and it's the difference between the #2 pick and the #4 pick...I'd love to bring in Petracca. I wouldn't say I want us to lose, but it won't be devastating to lose a winnable game if it does happen, I'll just put it that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back