Round 21: Gold Coast vs Port Adelaide, Metricon Stadium Sat 16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's farfetched to say the Blues could knock off Port next week - AO obviously different to Port at Metricon or Blues at Etihad, but still, it's not the 'Portress' in recent weeks having lose 3 of their last 4 there (including a 3 point win over Melbourne). Then the Dockers the week after for Port - Port need desperately to win this today to try and get 5th over North - if you finish 5th you might get West Coast or Richmond at your HG, if you finish 6th it might be Essendon or Adelaide (Adelaide especially annoying for Port considering it would remove HGA).

I don't think it's farfetched to say the Blues could knock off Port next week - AO obviously different to Port at Metricon or Blues at Etihad, but still, it's not the 'Portress' in recent weeks having lose 3 of their last 4 there (including a 3 point win over Melbourne). Then the Dockers the week after for Port - Port need desperately to win this today to try and get 5th over North - if you finish 5th you might get West Coast or Richmond at your HG, if you finish 6th it might be Essendon or Adelaide (Adelaide especially annoying for Port considering it would remove HGA).
You guys are definitely a chance next week. Personally I think you should be favourites. Loving the footy you guys are playing.

Broadbent and Hartlett our best today by a mile.

You guys are definitely a chance next week. Personally I think you should be favourites. Loving the footy you guys are playing.

Form temporary, class permanent etc is the reason I'd stop short of saying we're favourites. Get Gray, Boak, Wines, Wingard, Hartlett all firing back into form in the one week (not unlikely) and I don't see how we can stop them all. Still a game to be won here though before it becomes a big issue. Should run over the Suns now though imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been an inch or rain in 6 hours.

Anyone who thinks there should be a high skills game in that is delusional

Lobbe with Ten tackles. Absolute workhorse. If he could start getting more marks he'd be a very good ruckman

Carlton have been in way better form than the Power, huge chance next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back