Discussion Round 22, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers clash. I'm stunned :eek:

Couple of Bombers players in the long sleeve as well.

On-ground presentation of the match looked fantastic.

Only reason this match gets through the VFL rivalry rule is because these two clubs don't really have one. Apart from being members of the outdated Big 4 of VFL football, ESS & RIC have rarely played in major finals against each other, unlike their respective rivalries against CAR & COL.

COL should be directed to play all their matches against these teams in white shorts at the very least.

Obviously, the ideal would be alternate kits for the away club in CAR vs COL vs ESS vs RIC (& vs MEL) but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

Still not a fan of navy vs royal, especially if they've got the sun on the other side of them from the camera (eg when they're in the Cathedral End forward 50 right now).

Still not a fan of navy vs royal, especially if they've got the sun on the other side of them from the camera (eg when they're in the Cathedral End forward 50 right now).
If it were two Victorian teams there'd be talk of AFL favouritism

Another reason it's surprising it's allowed. Crows can't wear navy vs Bulldogs, but Melbourne can (and can't depending on the whims and fancies of AFL House that wek) and Carlton can. WCE can wear royal against Adelaide Carlton and Melbourne.

Watching Crows v Eagles online, shocking clash this

View attachment 167879

this is the point. at the ground, it's passable. on TV, it's starts to be an issue with zooming in and out of different camera angles. on devices with smaller smaller screens and phones, then it becomes difficult to follow and the AFL and their media partners are basically ripping you off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another reason it's surprising it's allowed. Crows can't wear navy vs Bulldogs, but Melbourne can (and can't depending on the whims and fancies of AFL House that wek) and Carlton can. WCE can wear royal against Adelaide Carlton and Melbourne.

Just on the doggies v crows clash. It's probably more to do with the stripes, not the navy base of the crows jumper.

Watching Crows v Eagles online, shocking clash this

View attachment 167879
Watching at home on TV it was fine for me. Fix up the side panels on Adelaide's jumpers and it'll be even better.

Just on the doggies v crows clash. It's probably more to do with the stripes, not the navy base of the crows jumper.

Watching at home on TV it was fine for me. Fix up the side panels on Adelaide's jumpers and it'll be even better.
It was ok, but especially with the strong shadows the royal goes dark and the yellow numbers are all you got left.

I'm not sure how much influence the stripes/hoops have, I mean, it means there's LESS blue on the Crows' jumper, and according to the AFL enough yellow to clash with bloody Hawthorn. There's more mutual gold in an Adel/WCE game than mutual red in a WB/Adel game. There's one red hoop on the WB jumper and only 3 on a Crows one. IMO it's just the AFL making crap up as they go along and then not rectifying the situation either coz they don't care or don't realise how consistently inconsistent they are.

Don't get how AFL considers us v GC a clash but this and WB v Carlton not to clash. AFL policy boggles

It was ok, but especially with the strong shadows the royal goes dark and the yellow numbers are all you got left.

I'm not sure how much influence the stripes/hoops have, I mean, it means there's LESS blue on the Crows' jumper, and according to the AFL enough yellow to clash with bloody Hawthorn. There's more mutual gold in an Adel/WCE game than mutual red in a WB/Adel game. There's one red hoop on the WB jumper and only 3 on a Crows one. IMO it's just the AFL making crap up as they go along and then not rectifying the situation either coz they don't care or don't realise how consistently inconsistent they are.
Our tiny wings don't help either. More gold and less royal will work wonders for differentiation.

Don't get how AFL considers us v GC a clash but this and WB v Carlton not to clash. AFL policy boggles
Pretty sure I've read somewhere else on here that Brisbane choose to wear their clash vs GC. Purely for jumper exposure, otherwise you'd only wear it once(?) a season.

Our tiny wings don't help either. More gold and less royal will work wonders for differentiation.

Pretty sure I've read somewhere else on here that Brisbane choose to wear their clash vs GC. Purely for jumper exposure, otherwise you'd only wear it once(?) a season.
Not true at all.

Just to clarify - the AFL advises the Club each week whether the clash strip is to be used or not.

In the case of the Lions, we are deemed to have a clash against Gold Coast, Adelaide, GWS, and the Western Bulldogs - so must wear our white strip when we play these teams away from home. Meanwhile, the Suns, Crows, Giants, and Dogs must wear white when they play us at the Gabba.

Interesting that they don't include Melbourne on that list considering they're predominantly red and blue, but we're not going to bring that to their attention!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back