Autopsy Round 22: Essendon vs Richmond @ MCG - Change for North Melbourne

Top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are a team who is ready to challenge , ready to take the next step and one hat has shown on numerous occasions that it can rise to the occasion - we just beat north wherever it is - by any measure , there is nothing in that team we should be concerned about.

Even if we play crows in Adelaide In a worst case, this time we come back there with lids and sheds, we know what to expect and no chance of us taking it lightly( ie coming off a massive win vs hawks and not being up for the contest)

Im dropping Dusty because in DT i changed my captain from Rockliff to Dusty, and lost. He cost me and i am very upset.

next week cotch comes back, so who goes out? Does knights get a game?

Out: Thomas,

In Cotch

Prob the only change that willhappen, unless lids is concussed, then maybe thomas and Lids and Cotch and Knights in.

I'm not convinced - don't want him taking the spot of Lennon or CEllis etc...
Looks like a knob.

Newman, Foley and Knights have gone or are gone at years end, pettard will alsobe lucky to be on the list at seasons end. Yarren will not be taking the spot of a kid. You'll see.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Newman, Foley and Knights have gone or are gone at years end, pettard will alsobe lucky to be on the list at seasons end. Yarren will not be taking the spot of a kid. You'll see.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
Foley, Knights and Pettard have virtually not contributed this year so it's Newmans spot pretty much....
Rather that went to CEllis, Castagnia, Buttler, Short or Menedue to be honest.

Though it's possibly just my pathological hatred of most things Carlton that is clouding my judgement.

Look, if they bring Yarran in the part of me will be excited but he just looks like a sour-puss Troy Taylor sense of entitlement type to me.

As s**t as lolnorf are. They are our bogey team and for that I dont fancy playing them twice. Especially the second time being in a final. Hopefully we can win and walk away unscathed. Problem is lolnorf will be going hard... Well, as hard as their hip replacements will let them :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of this resting s**t

We have choked two years running, and norf is a team that love beating us

Rock out with our utensil out, and pedal to the metal from friday

Our finals start now

If we are a team who is ready to challenge , ready to take the next step and one hat has shown on numerous occasions that it can rise to the occasion - we just beat north wherever it is - by any measure , there is nothing in that team we should be concerned about.

Even if we play crows in Adelaide In a worst case, this time we come back there with lids and sheds, we know what to expect and no chance of us taking it lightly( ie coming off a massive win vs hawks and not being up for the contest)

and we know which way to kick in the first quarter in Adelaide this year so all will be sweet....

that would be hilarious....both sides tanking for 8th

Best option for North and us is to have tiges win
that way we play each other in Rd 1
Don't think we can finish 8th, would have to lose by a huge margin. IMO Norf won't treat this week's game seriously as they as the would be guaranteed a game in Melb the following week.

Im dropping Dusty because in DT i changed my captain from Rockliff to Dusty, and lost. He cost me and i am very upset.

next week cotch comes back, so who goes out? Does knights get a game?

Out: Thomas,

In Cotch

Prob the only change that willhappen, unless lids is concussed, then maybe thomas and Lids and Cotch and Knights in.

No chance. You only get going away games when not in contention. The outcome means to much for a one off farewell game.

Last edited:
SO it really comes down to:
Adelaide win/Richmond lose - we travel to Adelaide
Richmond win/Sydney lose - We travel to perth
Adelaide lose/ Richmond win - Play North (us 5th, North 8th)
Adelaide lose /Richmond lose - Play North (North 6th, Us 7th.)

To recap. If Adelaide lose our likely opponent is North regardleess of what happens in our game. Adelaide win we lose we go to Adelaide. These are the only two realistic scenarios I see that will happen. Cant see Sydney going down to Gold Coast.

EDIT - Bulldogs would need to win by 100+ and us win by only 12 points to have us play Adeliade in Melbourne. Not impossible but unlikely.

Last edited:
Norf are actually fragile in their back line, as we have seen, they collapse readily when put undr pressure, their mid field is similar. If we continue to play like we do, I expect Norf to do silly things through out the game. Norfs winning streak consisted of sub standard sides except for Fremantle.

We sorted out the Lollingwood bogey this year, now it's time for the Norf one...twice.
Likely to land us agst Sydney away, then hopefully the Poostains at the 'G for a spot in the GF agst the Duckers.

If we don't then we risk facing Crows (away), Eagles (away), Duckers (away) for spot in GF agst Poostains....umm a bit tougher.

Stop shitting yourself. We can beat north next week and if we beat them once we should be able to do it again. Besides, if we lose to north and then lose again the following week to Adelaide then we are officially unadulterated shite and don't deserve to be in finals.
The streak will end this week but will start again the week after.

Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 15.39.32.png

We'd be foolish to go all out .....for really nothing and be empty when the dance really starts the week after.
I'm certain we'd be playing many players who been playing top footy in the VFL this week . Maybe even Goldstein will be rested for Majak to have a run.

Last edited:
The streak will end this week but will start again the week after.

View attachment 168084

We'd be foolish to go all out .....for really nothing and be empty when the dance really starts the week after.
I'm certain we'd be playing many players who been playing top footy in the VFL this week . Maybe even Goldstein.
The last team we broke our hoodoo against we gave a 15 goal thumping to the next time. :)

Back