Review Round 22 - GWS Giants versus Collingwood, Spotless Stadium, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading in to the start of the year there was a thread about which games we could win. I haven't checked it out, but I'm pretty sure not many if any would have put this one down on the list. Collingwood two weeks out from the finals? Yeah right.

Now we're missing our two best forwards, four of our best midfielders (including our inspirational captain) and three of our best defenders and it is still Collingwood two weeks out from the finals.

That we are even being considered an outside chance is surprising. That many have tipped us to win (including on national tele no less) is a testament to where this club has come this year. Sure there was Richmond, and West Coast - but there was also Geelong and Hawthorn (and Carlton, Brisbane and Sydney)

Even with all our outs, we are still a chance to win this. That's all I wanted at the start of the year - to be a chance in games against the rest.

It has been a terrible year for injury, yet we have definitely progressed as far as we'd hoped. First the back line copped it, then midfield and finally, the forwards. Let's hope for a relatively injury free year in 2015. The boys will be giving everyone a very hard time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back