Preview Round 22 Richmond vs St Kilda @ MCG, 4:40pm Sun 24/08/14 - Congrats 150 Edwards, 50 Batchelor

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
richvst.jpg

Sunday 24 August
Summary
showers.png

Min 8
Max 18
Shower or two.
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Medium chance of showers, most likely during the morning. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h.

Form
Richmond St Kilda
9th Ladder Position 18th
10 Wins 4
10 Losses 16
104.5 % 61.3
1721 Points For 1346
1647 Points Against 2197
WWWWW Form
LWLLL

Recent Encounters
Round Result Venue Replay
R15, 2014
St Kilda 11.7 (73)
Richmond18.9 (117)

ES Replay
R14, 2013
Richmond 17.17 (119)
St Kilda8.7 (55)

MCG Replay
R2, 2013
St Kilda 12.10 (82)
Richmond14.15 (99)

MCG Replay
R10, 2012
St Kilda 16.17 (113)
Richmond18.13 (121)

ES Replay
R2, 2011
St Kilda 13.17 (95)
Richmond14.11 (95)

MCG

Stats
Richmond St Kilda
368 Disposals 346
40 Clearances 37
50 Inside 50 44
137 Contested Possessions 127
66 Tackles 65
40 Hit-Outs 36
18 Free Kicks 16
* Season Averages

Richmond Milestones
Shane Edwards Plays his 150th
Jake Batchellor Plays his 50th
Lenny Hayes ( 2015 assistant coach ) plays his last game in Melbourne

Key Players :
Richmond.
Cotchin - His game has returned to 2012 proportions with the inclusions of Miles. Can play inside /outside and is extremely dangerous around goal, the speed in which he can dispose of the ball once received is the quickest in the comp.
Miles - Hard at it mid who is improving his outside game every week , hunts the footy and is equally as good defensively. GUN
Deledio - Lids is a exceptional talent who is flourishing in getting the oppositions 3rd and at times 4th best defensive player. Playing high half , outside mid with outstanding run and carry attributes
Martin - The troubled teen has become a mature beast in 12 months, is able rag doll the biggest of defenders whilst also has a amazing ability to kick long goals off one step.

St Kilda
Stevens - Has lightening speed and can break the game open an who excels under little to no attention or on the outside.
Armitage - St Kilda's in and under clearance player who doesn't have a lot of flair however is very good in the clearances.
Reiwoldt - Has struggled as the season has worn on, has carried the side for way to long and is a glimpse of his former self.

Changes :
Richmond :
Out :Lennon
In : Jackson or Conca

St Kilda :
Don't Care

IN NUT SHELL -
The Tigers should destroy them , Jack should have a day out , whilst Martin, Cotchin, Lids, Miles should dominate through the middle and half forward. St Kilda give you a reminder every now and then of the side they use to be with Lenny and cry baby Nick turning back the clock. Armitage is on show and will be looking to put in a good impression for a possible swing to Punt Road next season.

SMOKIES -
Ben Griffiths has been continually showing improvement his ability in big games at big moments of games has me getting very excited that this kid isn't far off turning the corner and dominating the competition. Likewise the Saints have a similar tall forward in Stanley who has the ability to get it all together at times and may stretch our defence, Chaplin , a little shall Rance go to Nicky baby.

What you won't see.
Dwarfs in the ST Kilda cheer squad .
St Kilda supporting girls under the age of 18 without their mums.
Saad handing out sports drinks.
Steven Milne masquerading as Leigh Montagna and racking up a cheap one.

Tiges by 37 points after being down by 5 at half time. Jack will kick 5, Martin 4. Ellis will have another 34 plus game, Miles will have 30 plus, whilst Lids and Cotch will be sat on til half time and then cut loose to fight out BOG honours with both kicking 2 and having 25 plus quality touches

Post Selection :
Backs C.Newman, A.Rance, D.Grimes
HBacks B.Houli, T.Chaplin, S.Morris
Centre D.Martin, T.Cotchin, A.Miles
HForwards N.Gordon, B.Griffiths, B.Deledio
Forwards S.Edwards, J.Riewoldt, R.Petterd
Followers I.Maric, B.Ellis, S.Grigg
Interchange from N.Foley, J.Batchelor, B.Lennon, N.Vlastuin M.Dea, R.Conca, A.Edwards
Ins A.Edwards, R.Conca, M.Dea
Players named in the VFL:
Dea Grimes A.Edwards Grigg Petterd R.Conca

Purple reporting that Dustin will miss .

Last edited:

Forget %, forget destroying them. Lets just focus on securing the 4 points. That is all that really matters, the % thing will take care of itself if we win.

Lets say we win by 70, what would it take north beating adelaide by for us to have better percentage?
They would have to lose by 45pts approx.But mute point really.they have the Saints in the last.

First post since banned for having a great yarn on the essendon board... Worth it
We shouldn't just expect to rock up and smash st kilda. They really challenged us last time, the last 3-4 goals in 4th qtr junk time I think flattered our scoreboard win. A young team with lennys last game in Melbourne could spell danger. Must be on our game early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of good young talent at the St's . Just need to continue to follow the game plan (I know that sounds obvious :confused:). Process, process, process...

Been reading for years so thought it was about time

Hi JPritch6,
Welcome to the board! I'm one of 5 moderators so if you need any help or anything like that, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Eq,

Better smash them. I have a feeling we might just crawl over the line a little bit. :(

I've had similar thoughts for the last month or so thinking, it's difficult to maintain a high level for longer than a month. But thankfully the boys are proving me wrong. Interestingly I think it's a sign of maturity that the boys have been playing a while (under 24 yr olds) & have probably got their training routines refined, knowing what optimises their recovery, gets them up for games etc IE Milsey was saying in an interview that he has been paying particular attention to Lids & Cotch. But has got a lot of help/support from Axel...

just put in a 3rd qtr like the one against the crows, but this time kick straight and we win this by 90+. Just make sure that we know when to put the cue in the rack and rest our guns...-> Swans game needs planning from 2 weeks out. ;)
Can't be too complacent though, need some form and extra confidence going into such a big game against the best side in the comp

Won't be underestimating the Saints that's for sure! This is Lenny's last game in Melbourne I think so they might want get up for him (maybe a big crowd with lots of Saints coming to see him play for the final time whilst our bandwagon wanting to will the team on to 8 straight).

Will also be barracking for North this weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back