Unofficial Preview Round 22 St. Kilda vs Sydney Swans Sunday 3:20 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would be dropping the whole side off that match! McGlynn is playing if fit simple

Has not been fit all year..

Didnt you argue early in the year mcglynn should never be rushed straight in

The vast majority of players never get to play in ONE grand final, and would kill for the right to even a single opportunity to give their all and fight on that stage. Imagine what someone like Phil Matera would give to play in even a single Grand Final. What would Bob Skilton give to have played there just one time?! Would they just freeze in the headlights and wait for the next one? The idea that his pathetic effort can be ignored because he would seize the next opportunity is just mindboggling.

Your whole career has been leading to this moment, you had your chance, you were abysmal.

Spot on

The side failed why are people so keen to roll out essentially the same team again

The vast majority of players never get to play in ONE grand final, and would kill for the right to even a single opportunity to give their all and fight on that stage. Imagine what someone like Phil Matera would give to play in even a single Grand Final. What would Bob Skilton give to have played there just one time?! Would they just freeze in the headlights and wait for the next one? The idea that his pathetic effort can be ignored because he would seize the next opportunity is just mindboggling.

Your whole career has been leading to this moment, you had your chance, you were abysmal.
So you can't have more than one chance? Those four words are abysmal!

Following that example we'd have to drop half our team as unfit to play in a GF. Look how hard players tend to come back after a poor game. Even more so after a poor GF. Redemption is a keen motivator. McGlynn will play his balls off if given another chance.

Mcglynn is a bit different, he missed 2012 he was on a mission for the missed chance, he was also 29 and a key player and played like absolute horse crap

He is a good energy player, but he is not good enough to risk half fit, if he cant play then bugger it go without him

So you can't have more than one chance? Those four words are abysmal!
'Twas an ill conceived argument. He could play in a GF and win a Norm Smiff for all we know. Sometimes the first time on the big stage can overwhelm. I imagine the players who didn't perform felt a lot worse, and still do, than us cosseted fans grumbling. Anyway, this argument is going over old ground

Mcglynn is a bit different, he missed 2012 he was on a mission for the missed chance, he was also 29 and a key player and played like absolute horse crap

He is a good energy player, but he is not good enough to risk half fit, if he cant play then bugger it go without him
Agree on the fitness. Just surprised that SF51 didn't think he should get another chance (if it presents itself). My thinking is, if he's fully fit he can add a lot and last years GF performance is, well, last year.

Agree on the fitness. Just surprised that SF51 didn't think he should get another chance (if it presents itself). My thinking is, if he's fully fit he can add a lot and last years GF performance is, well, last year.

Unlikely to be fully fit
But yeah if he is last year is last year its done, i guess sf51 is referring more to the idea he will be super hungry and motivated, as it didnt work last year

Anyway we know he will be picked anyway so its academic

Good luck tomorrow fellas.
This is the biggest game of ur season so far.
Although I belive u will win im a little nervous for u after Hawthorns fk up last week and Geelongs fk up last night.
As long as the players turn up and treat the game like a final u will lock in a top 4 spot and be a huge chance against Freo week 1 of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the weather going to be like for tomorrow?
Sunday 30 August
Summary
showers.png

Min 8
Max 13
Morning shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the morning. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southerly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening.

Hoping that we get off to a good start, Tippett kicking another 3 in the first quarter would help, if we kick away to a lead early I think we would end up with quite an easy win. Let the Saints stay in the game too long and they could cause some problems for us.

Results indicating that our finishing position is entirely in our hands. I'm not as worried that we'll lose to Saints as I'm just plain worried that we can't afford to drop either of the next two games.

Has not been fit all year..

Didnt you argue early in the year mcglynn should never be rushed straight in

He will have had 1, maybe 2 reserves games when the final against Freo/WC is meant to be played. That is enough.

Depends almost entirely on BJs form in the next 2 games. They're playing for the same position.
Both BJ and McGlynn could rotate midfield/forward positions. As much as I like Lloyd, I'd lean towards having a FIT McGlynn in for him. Benny has a more aggressive attack on the ball and can be a scary wee man if he's angry. Lloyd's work rate is epic but confidence seems low. BJ's form will determine whether he stays in as I think he's a week by week proposition. Playing well last 4 weeks or so but he'll know he can't drop any form.

Not much depth but a bit more than we've had to play around with. I wouldn't be surprised to see Horse go conservative to tie up the top four spot then throw in some changes to get more run against Freo (if we get them). That said, he may play around with the game plan if we beat Saints and we're a long way ahead of GC (and cruising into top 4).

Depends almost entirely on BJs form in the next 2 games. They're playing for the same position.

Yet to hear one reason why we can't play both. Not as if we can't play Heeney up the ground a bit. If both are in form McGlynn and Jack both play.

Selectors clearly are giving bj a chance to take a finals spot. If he can impact with buddy in it may be a big tick and keep a mcglynn out

Suspect jones is in so mcveigh can play in the middle, and learn off shaw

I like jones aggression
I've been impressed with Jack but I think he's in the side purely to play McGlynns role and will be out of the side or relegated to sub the minute Benny is fit again. McGlynn is one of our most important players and horse will be desperate to have him playing finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back