Preview Round 23, 2015 - Port Adelaide vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Should win well but whatever really. It means fk all and for those having a dip at Freo and hoping they cant rest players we would do exactly the same thing if in their shoes. We should be so filthy we are not playing finals this year.

Freo have looked shacky the last 6 weeks anyway even resting players for a week won't help there form like. If they lose that first game against probably Sydney they'll go out straight sets I think. I would probably do the same thing if I was in their shoes as well but think afl need to say max half dozen changes cause how often through the year is there anymore than 6

We won't lose that game against Sydney.

Should win well but whatever really. It means fk all and for those having a dip at Freo and hoping they cant rest players we would do exactly the same thing if in their shoes. We should be so filthy we are not playing finals this year.
No, we wouldn't. And we never have, even when we were promised first place.

No, we wouldn't. And we never have, even when we were promised first place.
so you are honestly telling me that if we were top and couldnt be moved and were playing in Perth this week, you reckon we would fly over our full strength team?

You are kidding yourself

so you are honestly telling me that if we were top and couldnt be moved and were playing in Perth this week, you reckon we would fly over our full strength team?

You are kidding yourself
Yes I do. I obviously have more respect for Port Adelaide than you do. Tanking a game and giving the fans a second-rate game, even when it will be opposition fans is never the right way to go. And the AFL obviously agrees too, otherwise why would they have made that rule after Freo lost by 71 to St Kilda in r23, 2013 with over half a dozen first 22 players out?

Who really cares what team Freo bring over? Just beat them by heaps for the fun of it. Then we move onto preparing for 2016, they move onto a finals series and nobody gives a s**t about this game next week.

Hence why I said I either want to beat them by 40+ if they bring their old, decrepit side over or 100+ if they bring their young, inexperienced side over.

Just beat the * out of them.

If you in the west thinks it OK to disrespect the fans who pay their hard-earned to see their team, by serving up a second team at any time during the year, Port Adelaide certainly don't. We have never rested players at the end of the season, even when we were finishing off with easybeats. And the only two occasions where it has happened did not bring about a result in finals. St Kilda once dropped most of their players mid-year when they were 10-0 or similar. They did not win the flag that year and neither did you when you dropped players in r23 in 2013.

Hopefully the AFL stand firm on this to keep the competition from becoming a farce.

It's a dead rubber at the end of the day man. I think if Port had top spot locked away and had to travel to Perth for he last round with nothing tangible to gain then they would absolutely be looking at resting players. Whether it's a good idea, or a risk to mindset I'll leave to Ross and his team to decide. There's far too much black and white here for mine. Rested players in 2013 and didn't win the flag therefore didn't bring about a result?? We made the GF after beating 2 top 4 sides and stuffed he execution under the pressure of the day. I really don't understand this mindset where it's win the flag = success; anything else = failure.

Yes I do. I obviously have more respect for Port Adelaide than you do. Tanking a game and giving the fans a second-rate game, even when it will be opposition fans is never the right way to go. And the AFL obviously agrees too, otherwise why would they have made that rule after Freo lost by 71 to St Kilda in r23, 2013 with over half a dozen first 22 players out?
more respect? WTF?...a differing view is fine. I would prefer to be as best placed as possible for a win in week one of the finals rather than play a full strength team in a game that has absolutely no bearing on the position you finish on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is why you're a Freo fan, not a Port Adelaide fan.

Nope, it's why i'm not a dickhead. I guess a response like this was predictable. Winning flags is bloody hard, but making the top 4 and having a red hot crack at one is a successful year by any measure. It's not the ultimate success no, but it's also not a right -off. This is particualry so for developing sides. West Coast won't win the flag this year IMO, but the exposure to finals games will be invaluable for their young side.

It's a dead rubber at the end of the day man. I think if Port had top spot locked away and had to travel to Perth for he last round with nothing tangible to gain then they would absolutely be looking at resting players. Whether it's a good idea, or a risk to mindset I'll leave to Ross and his team to decide. There's far too much black and white here for mine. Rested players in 2013 and didn't win the flag therefore didn't bring about a result?? We made the GF after beating 2 top 4 sides and stuffed he execution under the pressure of the day. I really don't understand this mindset where it's win the flag = success; anything else = failure.

Port and Brisbane in 2002 had nothing to gain or lose except kudos when they played at Footy Park. They would finish 1 and 2 and have home qualifying finals. Both teams brought their best teams. Port won and were first but it was Brisbane who won their finals. If we beat Freo I want to beat their best team and not Peel Thunder. I don't usually say it but I hope the AFL wins here.

Port and Brisbane in 2002 had nothing to gain or lose except kudos when they played at Footy Park. They would finish 1 and 2 and have home qualifying finals. Both teams brought their best teams. Port won and were first but it was Brisbane who won their finals. If we beat Freo I want to beat their best team and not Peel Thunder. I don't usually say it but I hope the AFL wins here.

That's not true. Only one of us were entitled to a home preliminary final due to the MCG rule at the time. As it turned out, we lost our QF and it didn't matter but we were playing for home preliminary final rights that day.

more respect? WTF?...a differing view is fine. I would prefer to be as best placed as possible for a win in week one of the finals rather than play a full strength team in a game that has absolutely no bearing on the position you finish on the ladder.
Let me re-word that, I obviously feel Port Adelaide has more respect for its fans than you think they do. Plus having players still play can be best for them. In 2002 Brisbane played us in a game that would decide 1 and 2 but not any advantage in the finals as we were under the current finals system. They travelled to SA, brought their best team, lost, but they were the ones who won 3 finals and the flag.

Nope, it's why i'm not a dickhead. I guess a response like this was predictable. Winning flags is bloody hard, but making the top 4 and having a red hot crack at one is a successful year by any measure. It's not the ultimate success no, but it's also not a right -off. This is particualry so for developing sides. West Coast won't win the flag this year IMO, but the exposure to finals games will be invaluable for their young side.

Okay, serious response. 2007, Port made the Grand Final. Was that a success?

Dont see the issue with Freo dropping most of their squad. They have older players and are interested in winning a flag, why should they care about opposition fans? If Ken thought that was the best course of action and we were in their position I would support that 100%, it is not the AFL's job to handle team selection, the only reason they get involved is because the bookies had a cry in 2013. They will send the kids, we should win and this season had better of taught our players a valuable lesson.

FFS just got an email from the club with a "Flash Sale" selling tickets to the game for $25 to bring a mate if you are a member....Freo going to make up the difference $$?

Sorry mate. We exist to win premierships, everything else is a failure. If your club doesn't feel that way then fair enough, but it is part of our DNA here to think this way. SANFL or AFL ive seen this club play in 12 GF's since 1988 and win 10. So in 28 years we've had 10 that weren't failures.

We won the minor premiership in 2002, 2003 and 2004. Only one of those years was a success. We got to an unlikely PF and got within a kick of the premier in 2014 - failure. We played in a GF in 2007 still a failure.

See where this is going.

Sorry mate. We exist to win premierships, everything else is a failure. If your club doesn't feel that way then fair enough, but it is part of our DNA here to think this way. SANFL or AFL ive seen this club play in 12 GF's since 1988 and win 10. So in 28 years we've had 10 that weren't failures.

We won the minor premiership in 2002, 2003 and 2004. Only one of those years was a success. We got to an unlikely PF and got within a kick of the premier in 2014 - failure. We played in a GF in 2007 still a failure.

See where this is going.

That's for sure...
port_club3.jpg

Come one come all. The greatest psychic in all the land.

Hoping this blows up in your face.
He/she is entitled to his/her opinion. Just supporting their club. Don't be a sore loser, it's not Freo's fault that we missed finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back