Preview Round 23 - Carlton v Essendon - Sat 30th August @ MCG 1.45pm - Changes post #258

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to make of all the calls to overlook players who are on the verge of being fit. If they can play, then play them. We need to field a competitive side this week. Essendon are not pushovers.

This is our grand final. Let's play it like one.

Last edited:
Not sure what to make of all the calls to overlook players who are of the verge of being fit. If they can play, then play them. We need to field a competitive side this week. Essendon are not pushovers.

Well from the weekend, emergencies Armfield, Cripps and Watson were ready to go. Warnock unlikely to displace Wood. Temay and McInnes to be given a farewell game?

Murphy and Menzel won't play, surely. I don't agree with selecting players who aren't 100%.

Well from the weekend, emergencies Armfield, Cripps and Watson were ready to go. Warnock unlikely to displace Wood. Temay and McInnes to be given a farewell game?

Murphy and Menzel won't play, surely. I don't agree with selecting players who aren't 100%.

Murphy should play unless he is still concussed. Was cleared of any damage I believe.

Cripps would be useful here too, maybe at the expense of Holman.

Kruezer would have to be considered as well. Although I'm not sure who he would replace.

What about Yarran

No point dropping any of the kids if they're fit. Valuable experience. And I'd rather play them than others who are on their way out next week.

Murphy should play unless he is still concussed. Was cleared of any damage I believe.

Cripps would be useful here too, maybe at the expense of Holman.

Kruezer would have to be considered as well. Although I'm not sure who he would replace.

Is the science 'in' on concussions? I'd let Murph rest up.

Holman did enough to earn another week, imho.

Kreuze didn't play on the weekend.

Is the science 'in' on concussions? I'd let Murph rest up.

What happened to that rule about a mandatory week off after a concussion ??

Being taken off on a stretcher had as much to do with the protection of his spine & neck as it did with being knocked out cold.

He should be rested as a major precaution.

No point risking running our best guys into the ground and delaying their preseasons. Menz, Yaz and Murph should rest up, allowing a few guys a chance to step up in their places.

OUT: Menz (shoulder), Yarran (calf), Murphy (concussion)
IN: Garlett (shot at redemption), Watson (has kicked 3 goals/game consistently over last month), Cripps (deserves one final crack, if only as sub).

22 to take on Essendope:

White - Rowe - Sheehan
Simpson - Jamison - Tuohy
Docherty - Curnow - Graham
Bell - Watson - Lucas
Garlett - Casboult - Waite
Wood - Gibbs - Judd
I/C - Holman, Carrazzo, Johnson, Cripps (sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i_love_hypodermic_needles_tshirt-r791829a2591e41f78f90836492bef92b_wio57_324.jpg

Essendon will also be coming out in their new Heritage jumper

HAHAHAHAHAHA POTW! :D

If he got subbed out against the Suns and played the next week he might play against the bombers but he probably shouldn't play

Last chance for players to show what they can do a win no matter what culture is better then a it's only a dead rubber culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back