Opinion Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't agree. Plays well in a certain role when the team needs some to zone off and be spare, but in possession of the ball needs think music to make a decision and holds up play.

Duffield, Johnson and Sutfcliffe play with instinct or move quickly. Ibbotson does neither, and has the defensive drawbacks that Duffield and Johnson often display.

Agreed

If Ibbo isn't picked in the 22 for the finals I'm going on a pokerspiv style rant against all those who wronged me in the "How are we going to fit in Walters, Hill, Johnson and Pavlich?" thread.

Just had pruise at the Port board, **** a lot of them are arrogant pricks.

Hope we ****ing smash those campaigners :thumbsu:

Yeah!...Well...

Your shoes are untied :p

*runs away*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is higher better or what?

strobe00, my point is who is a more reliable or more creative link in the scoring chain. IMO Sutcliffe if face with a wall at half back is more likely to break the lines via kicking or run and carry than Duffield.

It's not even about weight of numbers - I don't particularly care whether Duffiled has more score involvements. My belief is that if Freo is face with a wave of repeat inside 50 and is under pressure to clear the ball from defence, there are two players who will clear it better than any other, Johnson and Sutcliffe.
Well that argument makes more sense. More reliable link I'd still say duff. But more creative I could agree that it'd be sutty.

Keep in mind that someone needs to pick these guys out when they get into space, while trying to rebound... and that's something duff does better than just about anyone else on the team.

Can agree that sutty is more likely to break the lines through run and carry, and that will give him kicks and angles that duff can't find as he lacks that run. But duff is a better kick... from defense and into our f50, and IMO all the way in between.

It's possible riteo 's silence in response to my query is because he realises he's backed into a corner. Or he just might not have seen the query. Either way, duff is an artist with the boot.

Regardless, the team is lucky to have both of them, and they work together beautifully on the rebound.

Re: legs to the argument riteo ... chasing a response here. Sutty or duff?
I have stated numerous times that Sutcliffe is one of the best in our team at delivering inside 50 so there's your answer, Sutty's entries into the 50 are absolute bullets. FWIW I'm not saying Duff is a rubbish kick by any means and you can put it down to bias if that makes you feel better that I rate Sutty at least as highly as Duffield. I don't tihnk I'm alone here anymore either but I'm not interesting in scoring points.

Then again my issues with Duff have never stemmed from his kicking, a few lace out passes to one K Mitchell aside.

Was this the post I'm being silent about or....?

Was this the post I'm being silent about or....?
Sorry mate, it was. My apologies. Just came across it then. Not much chop working via the phone. I'll get there.

Cheers for the response.

I have stated numerous times that Sutcliffe is one of the best in our team at delivering inside 50 so there's your answer, Sutty's entries into the 50 are absolute bullets.
Fair enough. You might be interested in seeing this though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/the-delivery-men

Duffield is the most efficient user going inside 50, not just in the team... but in the entire afl. He doesn't just kick well out of defense. He is a brilliant kick into our F50.

Fair enough if you reckon sutty is one of the best delivering inside 50 in the team. But Duffield is better at it than sutty. Not just observations or preferences here... its backed up by data.

you can argue with the stats if you like. They're only ever a partial view of anything. But these stats show that Duffield finds a target inside 50 more than any other player in the whole afl... and pretty comfortably so. Even sutty.

FYI Port were $3.00 at the start of the week, then $2.85 2 days ago and after the teams came out it went back up to $2.95. (Freo currently $1.42)

Still reckon that's madness. Mind you, with our ins I might say we have the slight edge, but only just, I'd still say PA at $2.10 odd would be a more accurate state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back