Preview Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pumped for this game. As a few others have said it's a stress free weekend.

It'll be like a boss version of Peel Thunder viewing .... can't wait to see how the young guys go at this intensity level, we'll finally get a sighter on some of their attributes under actual AFL level conditions - as a fan, this actually excites me about our approach to this game and I think that fact is being lost in all the media sheep bleating on about best team/resting blah blah blah.
This opportunity is actually good for the true fans of this team and for these kids themselves - typical negative focuseed media have got this all wrong (surprise)

I went to that game against the saints we played truly awful, the ins we had on that day didn't do anything to make the regular 22 worry about there spots in the team. I think the match this Saturday will be different I think our ins for this match will be a good preview into our future
The two guys that played well in that game, Faulks and Crichton were delisted anyway. I doubt it makes any difference in the scheme of things. Sibosado played a brilliant half of footy in his only game for Freo as well and was dumped because he wasn't fit enough.

I forgot how up and about we were coming into that 2013 St Kilda match.
R20: Freo 157 Def GWS 44
R21: Freo 133 Def Melb 38
R22: Freo 134 Def Port 60

Damn. That is some scoring...

Interesting to hear Ross say this yesterday "We were really unhappy with people who were given an opportunity at the end of 2013 and didn’t perform with the intensity and the effort that we were looking for, and desire"

That team included such names as Faulks, Mellington, Chrichton, Forster, Moller and Simpson. With other Ins including Tabs, Croz and Clanky.

I wonder specifically who he is talking about...I don't remember anything about that game.

The stats are fairly awful http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/23/stk-v-fre

291 disposals to 520 haha. Amazing.

Way more excited to see this batch of young blokes compared to the Saints game.

Leigh Montagna had an average game.

Not saying he's no good. Just that he's a campaigner. Just as others would describe our lovable adorable Hayden Ballantyne.

I also see a lot of similarities between us and them. Both are port towns, both have manufactured 'state' teams that came before us, both have to put up with insufferable chardonnay sippers for rival fans of those manufactured teams, they come from the only other true two team town.

Doesn't mean some of their supporters aren't jerks though.

Although very unlikely, I'd love to see Freo win this weekend. It would be hilarious to see all the new players that haven't won a game stand in the middle during the song getting sprayed with Powerade. There would be more inside the circle than out! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Michael Johnson wasn't named in the first 6 who are to be rested. Do you think Ross will rest him? Or does he need the game time?

The latter I suspect, he's only just returned from a pretty decent layoff.
I can't see anyone else being rested. It'll be those 6 and then Sutty out with his shoulder, so 7 changes all up. Still big changes but not as much as against St Kilda in 2013, which was something like 11 changes.

Out: Pav, Mundy, Hill, Sandi, Spurr, McPharlin (rest), Sutty (inj)
In: Blakely, Weller, Tabs, A.Pearce, Crozier, Clarke, Grey

Might still be an alright team. I still think we'll go down by about 10 goals.

Johnson needs to play to build more form after being out so long.

He's one of those guys who are very scratchy after being out for a few weeks. As in, his kicking is complete and utter shizenhausen.

I can't see anyone else being rested. It'll be those 6 and then Sutty out with his shoulder, so 7 changes all up. Still big changes but not as much as against St Kilda in 2013, which was something like 11 changes.

Agree with all those changes. After all the fuss about resting half the team it's going to be an anti-climax.

Walters,Fyfe and Balla as well.

Ibbo, Mayne and Pearce D. would be in line for a rest too. They have played almost every game with Mayne missing one.

If there were to be anymore rested maybe Mayne, Danyle and Barlow? I think the continuity would suit Neale better..

It'd be a tough gig with weighing up the ability for certain players to maintain form against a rest and risk of injury with plenty at stake.

Does anyone remember particularly bad form or any amomalies from players after the bye this season?

Neale, D.Pearce & Mayney need a spell
Ballard & Hannath to also come in

Wait what? Which of our clubs has actually won an AFL flag?! (In less years in the AFL). And now we are in a similar situation to Fremantle with our license, so we have control of our own destiny pulls bigger crowds and memberships? **** me. I'd cop that ignorance from any other clubs supporters, but
You won the Flag in your 1st 10 years because you board was well run. Freos board From 1995-2008 was a joke. Leadership starts at the top and ends there. Also Freo have copped more crap than yours. I was among the few Freo fans that sat through that infamous 1 goal game vs the crows in 2009. I am glad we won the McClelland trophy. It is more legitimate than the old NAB/ pre season cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back