Preview Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowley has always been one of the most dedicated footballers. I also believe he feels he owns the team and would be at his fittest at this point. I doubt he'll play AFL again but not through lack of preparedness.

Just before his hearing wasn't he injured?

I believe the word you're looking for is 'preparation.'

Looks like I was guilty of trying to make myself sound smarter by using the longer option, you got me. You've not actually covered yourself in glory because I think you will find both words work as I intended. English is amazing like that.

Good to see you haven't changed. Check yourself before I wreck yourself.

Last edited:
I think Ballard, Grey and one of either Hughes or Vandaleur will debut (as a replacement for Sutcliffe and Ibbo both being rested).

Out: Sandi, Mundy, McPharlin, Hill, Mayne, Sutcliffe, Ibbotson
In: Clarke, Ballard, Pearce, Crozier, Grey, Taberner, Hughes

The only LTIs I can think of are Apeness and Mora so I would assume we could get a maximum of 2 (unless we can get one for Sylvia)
There can be no further rookie upgrades this season.

Duration on Long Term Injury List
(b) A Club is unable to transfer an injured Player to its Long Term Injury List, after
2.00pm on the Thursday following Round 18 of the Home and Away Matches
in each year.

http://old.aflpa.com.au/images/uploads/AFL_Rules_-_October_2013_CURRENT.pdf

Edit: My bad. Apeness and De Luca are LTI listed and can be replaced by two players from the rookie list.:confused:

Last edited:
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There can be no further rookie upgrades this season.

Duration on Long Term Injury List
(b) A Club is unable to transfer an injured Player to its Long Term Injury List, after
2.00pm on the Thursday following Round 18 of the Home and Away Matches
in each year.

http://old.aflpa.com.au/images/uploads/AFL_Rules_-_October_2013_CURRENT.pdf
We transferred Apeness and Deluca onto the LTI list a few weeks ago, there's nothing here that says you can't upgrade rookies, only that you can't put a player on the long term injury list after that time which is required to upgrade rookies. Smith is already upgraded for Morabito so you'd think it'd be between Ballard, Hughes and Moller for the last two spots if required.

11 players rested - lets see

Out: Pav, Hill, Sandi, Mundy, Neale, Spurr, Ibbo, Sutcliffe, Johnno, Luke, Mayne
In: Tabs, Crozier, Clarke, Duffy, Weller, Pearce A, Smith, Grey, Ballard, Hughes, Blakely ( if fit otherwise Hannath )

Grey-Dawson-A Pearce
Duffield-Smith-Pearce C
Weller-DeBoer-Sheridan
Crozier-Tabs-Duffy
Langdon-Clarke-Mzungu

Griffen-Barlow-Ballard

Hughes - Suban - Blakley
Sub D Pearce

I am actually looking for to this game to see how close we get to Port.

Anything less than 75 points would be a win I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back