ROUND 23 COLLINGWOOD vs HAWTHORN

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership medals don't mean as much if you have to change clubs to get them and plenty of dud players have won premiership medals and have been forgotten.

Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt have more respect than Luke Ball and will be remembered more fondly than Luke Ball for being one club champions.

That's the truth.

What a load of s**t. I assume we'll see in a few years when Ball is interviewed talking about this career, and the premiership is mentioned he'll come out and admit he'd give it back in a second if he could have been a one club non premiership player.

Ball would have stayed had Ross Lyon treated the bloke well.

We're rebuilding and the Hawks are a powerhouse, that trade might not hurt them now but it will in the future.

We got 3 young gun mids for the price of a slow lumbering VFL standard ruckman.

If you can't see that we got the better of that trade you should get a job for the Herald Sun as a footy journo as you're clueless.

We know what we got with McEvoy and he'll be a bloody good player for us for years to come. You got Savage who is average whilst you got two potentially good players assuming you are able to develop them well. Remember Melbourne picked up a lot of good young midfielders as well once upon a time

Gee Alex Fasolo is a flog. Loved him taking that mark early, pushing his opponent who was already on the ground and then pointing at him after the goal.

I'd say I bet he felt stupid when Hawthorn ended up winning easily and he had zero impact but we know he wouldn't have.

So finally people will shut up about Ceglar being better then Witts. Witts destroyed him tonight

Doesn't matter how good Witts is if his support is rubbish. Our rucks work well together as one isn't much worse than the other. Hawthorn won more hit outs than Pies for the game. "Destroyed" is also a massive exaggeration.

So finally people will shut up about Ceglar being better then Witts. Witts destroyed him tonight

Witts - 19 hit outs, 7 posessions, 3 marks (all contested), 3 tackles, no goals, no score assists
Ceglar - 15 hit outs, 11 posessions, 5 marks (non contested), 2 tackles, 1 goal 1, 1 score assist.

Yeah, Ceglar got schooled.......:rolleyes:

Don't reckon you will find a Hawthorn supporter that would be unhappy with ceglar's output this year, and the upside he has for the future.

In 50 years time Hayes and Riewoldt will be remembered as St Kilda legends, Ball won't be remembered as either a St Kilda or Collingwood legend, he'll just be remembered as another run of the mill premiership player.

I doubt Ball would've stayed at St Kilda regardless of how he was treated by Ross Lyon, he simply wasn't good enough to get a guaranteed game in our side with Lenny Hayes being our no.1 inside mid and Armitage overtaking him as well. At Collingwood he could be the no.1 inside mid.

I reckon Ball will be remembered as more than just a run of the mill player. And to be honest, I would prefer to be known as a run of the mill premiership player than a player that never won one. Ball also doesn't seem like the bloke that will care what others think

It has to be a worry though when McEvoy looks like he's been overtaken by Ceglar already, McEvoy is a good mark around the ground but he is slow and doesn't have a great leap on him so struggles to win ruck taps which is why he was traded.

Not that worried about McEvoy. He's 24/25 so at least another 6 years ahead of him. Hale is coming to an end so he'll get his chances to get his spot. Monkhorst has done really well at improving our ruckman so hopefully he can get McEvoy to improve that part of his game as you are right, he needs to improve. I'm hoping he can turn himself into a Primus style ruckman where he takes the run of the opposition and uses his bulk to win the tap, as his around the ground stuff is very good

Witts - 19 hit outs, 7 posessions, 3 marks (all contested), 3 tackles, no goals, no score assists
Ceglar - 15 hit outs, 11 posessions, 5 marks (non contested), 2 tackles, 1 goal 1, 1 score assist.

Yeah, Ceglar got schooled.......:rolleyes:

Don't reckon you will find a Hawthorn supporter that would be unhappy with ceglar's output this year, and the upside he has for the future.

Ceglar is crap, he got a few marks because Hawthorn chip the ball around a lot and controlled most of the game. Witts is a better ruck and he is 2 years younger

Doesn't matter how good Witts is if his support is rubbish. Our rucks work well together as one isn't much worse than the other. Hawthorn won more hit outs than Pies for the game. "Destroyed" is also a massive exaggeration.
Didn't help Grundy went off injured at half time, we were well in front in the hit outs then

Ceglar is crap, he got a few marks because Hawthorn chip the ball around a lot and controlled most of the game. Witts is a better ruck and he is 2 years younger

Maybe so, but he's hardly a reincarnation of Simon Madden or Polly Farmer. As I said, us Hawks fans are rapt with Cegs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are sitting second top and it was a replacement game for you and you didn't get a big crowd in
There was more hawks there than Pies.

Didn't help Grundy went off injured at half time, we were well in front in the hit outs then

Fair enough, I'm sure Witts was tired by the end, but the reality is the Hale/Ceglar combo beat your rucks on the day. Witts only had more hitouts than Ceglar, because Ceglar shared the rucking pretty evenly with Hale.

Fair enough, I'm sure Witts was tired by the end, but the reality is the Hale/Ceglar combo beat your rucks on the day. Witts only had more hitouts than Ceglar, because Ceglar shared the rucking pretty evenly with Hale.
And White and Gault gave Witts a chop out. He was stuffed at the end of the game needs a bigger tank for next season

Has probably been stated a few times already, I'll hazard a guess, but the way the Hawthorn players stayed out on the ground and formed a guard of honour for Ball after the game was really good, only saw the footage just now. Seemed like Jordan Lewis made sure they all got over, did it well.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back