NRL Round 23 games and chat

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Dang, round 23 and so much to play for, for a lot of teams. 5 teams from the 5th placed Cowboys down to 9th placed Eels all on 26 points and only 2 back is the Broncos in 10th place. It really promises to be a very exciting last few rounds.

In thursday night action (WT heck?) Souths and Brisbane go head to head in a vital game for both sides. A win for Souths will push them closer to Manly, while a Broncos win will have them bashing at the Eels door for a spot in the 8.

Friday night has the Eels hosting the Dogs in a game both teams must in. For me it's Souths by 8 and the Eels by 10.

Super saturday may not be so super as out Canberra play Saints, Melbourne host the Sharks and the failing Tigers play the Roosters. Saints, Melbourne and the Roosters for mine.

Very important game sunday as the Knights host the Warriors. The Knights have been in very good form of late and the Warriors are carrying a few injured. The Knights may well add another impressive scalp to their growing tally this week. The Titans host the Sea Eagles and really Manly should win this in a canter.

Monday night footy has the Panthers facing an in form Cowboys and this one should be a beauty. This is a tough one to call, but the Panthers just to get home by 2.

Last edited:

As the season draws closer to the Finals and with the competition being so close, these last few games are crucial for every team.
I'm tipping the Rabbitohs to win tonight but if the Broncos want a chance at the Finals, they must win this one.

The Bulldogs are on the slide and must re-find their form going into Finals. The winner of this game is unpredictable and SportsBet has both teams at $1.92. So this should be a cracker of a game with both teams fighting for a good position in the top 8.

The Dragons, Storm and Roosters should all have easy wins and the Warriors will just win against the Knights (But only just)

Sea Eagles to thump the Titans on Sunday.

The game of the week is on Monday night with the Panthers hosting the Cowboys. The Cowboys are my team so I really would love for them to win but the Panthers have a lot to play for with a top 4 finish up for grabs. I'm going to back the Cowboys in this game.

Huge game for Parramatta tonight, perhaps our biggest game since the GF in 2009. Winning this almost guarantees Parramatta a finals berth.
That would be good. Wooden Spoon 2 years then finals the next. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Canberra are lucky Cronulla have less wins and are worse. Losing a game they would have won anytime over the last 14 years and the Dragons aren't a top 8 side speaks volumes about their current state, this also cumulates with the hiding they copped from the Warriors at home a few weeks back.

Someone said that Robbie Farah was a better hooker than Cameron Smith.
Actually, Robbie Farah said that.

Robbie's not a very good judge of footballers ...

;)

Indeed, one of the most overrated coaches ever, has ruined two clubs previously, parra have improved since he did a runner for the big bucks, and he is not a very good bloke in real life from reports.
Happy to be shot down over Ricky Stuart, but for the time being I'm not sold on his inability to coach.
Brad Arthur is doing a good job at Parramatta this year.With a playing roster he freely admits he's inherited and is looking forward to making his own changes to prior to 2015.Keeping in mind that Stuart coached last year with a roster inherited from Steve Kearney and took the knife to during 2013.Being appointed coach in October (a la Brad Arthur) gives a coach zero input on who he's going to be coaching the following year.
Canberra:
Over the course of 2012 and 2013, Canberra won the grand total of one game when they were without both Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan.David Furner, to his eternal credit, stood up to these two clowns and decided that for the greater good of the team, they were'nt worth the hassle.Needless to say, in a manner reminiscent of 2014 at the Wests Tigers, the players decided that they wanted to run the club and rebelled, leaving Furner to fall on his sword.
This year Canberra (with a roster put in place by Furner), has won five games without Dugan and Ferguson.Improvement is going to be slow without one or two marquee players, which, understandably, are going to be hard to attract.The fact remains, that in every round of this year, Canberra's run-on team has been less experienced than the Parramatta run on team for the same round.
I'll reserve judgement on Parramatta until this time next year once Arthur has the roster he wants at Parramatta.
I'll also reserve judgement on Canberra (and Stuart) until the same time. I would expect that Parramatta will be higher up the ladder than Canberra given that their roster will be stronger next year.But we shall see.
As for the type of person Stuart is, I dunno.I've never met him.

Happy to be shot down over Ricky Stuart, but for the time being I'm not sold on his inability to coach.
Brad Arthur is doing a good job at Parramatta this year.With a playing roster he freely admits he's inherited and is looking forward to making his own changes to prior to 2015.Keeping in mind that Stuart coached last year with a roster inherited from Steve Kearney and took the knife to during 2013.Being appointed coach in October (a la Brad Arthur) gives a coach zero input on who he's going to be coaching the following year.
Canberra:
Over the course of 2012 and 2013, Canberra won the grand total of one game when they were without both Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan.David Furner, to his eternal credit, stood up to these two clowns and decided that for the greater good of the team, they were'nt worth the hassle.Needless to say, in a manner reminiscent of 2014 at the Wests Tigers, the players decided that they wanted to run the club and rebelled, leaving Furner to fall on his sword.
This year Canberra (with a roster put in place by Furner), has won five games without Dugan and Ferguson.Improvement is going to be slow without one or two marquee players, which, understandably, are going to be hard to attract.The fact remains, that in every round of this year, Canberra's run-on team has been less experienced than the Parramatta run on team for the same round.
I'll reserve judgement on Parramatta until this time next year once Arthur has the roster he wants at Parramatta.
I'll also reserve judgement on Canberra (and Stuart) until the same time. I would expect that Parramatta will be higher up the ladder than Canberra given that their roster will be stronger next year.But we shall see.
As for the type of person Stuart is, I dunno.I've never met him.

I have. He is a whinging, self-centred, arrogant c***. And that is the nicest thing I have ever said about him.
He is the reason I no longer care about my local football club. When he went to Parramatta I seriously considered giving up on a team I'd supported for almost 40 years, thankfully he left just as quickly as he arrived. He is a turd, and the Raiders deserve him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back