Review Round 23 Giants vs Dogs

Lamb for sure will be part of our future but if we suffer a nasty injury run next year a player like Addison would be good to call up in an emergency

R12 I would have agreed for sure, but given we have half our side out and he can't get a run I am thinking his papers are stamped..

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
No they just want lamb to meet a criteria... Perhaps defensive pressure or something like that

He is here and part of the future for sure

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Ward & Davis might return, but Kennedy, O'Rourke, Whiley & Lamb all out injured
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-08-26/cocaptains-face-tests

Perhaps we might see Barrett debut this week

Hope the club decides to play the best possible team to put in a good performance, last game of the year and it could be a possible win, will be tough and need a few things to fall our way. And Shiel to play his 50th can't wait till we see these guys next year
Ward and Davis in for Kennedy and Whiley
Hampton and Williams in for Orourke and Golds
Possibly could be one of another 6 as well, maybe Coach could pin 6 names to a board and throw a dart to see who the lucky inclusion is

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
the end of season run in has been handled really well by the boys this year. This time last year, they had simply run out of gas, fell off the cliff etc.
I'm looking for another close one. All our wins this year have been blow-outs with one-sided last quarters. All the close last quarters we have lost.
With experience from last weeks game, I wonder if they have enough left in the tank to reverse the early round loss to Doggies in CBR, a game they should have won if only for some more last 1/4 composure.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
the end of season run in has been handled really well by the boys this year. This time last year, they had simply run out of gas, fell off the cliff etc.
I'm looking for another close one. All our wins this year have been blow-outs with one-sided last quarters. All the close last quarters we have lost.
With experience from last weeks game, I wonder if they have enough left in the tank to reverse the early round loss to Doggies in CBR, a game they should have won if only for some more last 1/4 composure.
The Carlton win got close as we made silly errors, hello Heater.
We can win. Just do the basics well and the natural ability will get us over the line.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
An example of our greater strength in depth has been the performance of Wilson. I had never rated him, but he got away some ripper kicks last weekend. Low, hard & accurate. He can teach some of the boys how to do this next pre-season.

Sufjan Stevens

Debutant
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I'm not very optimistic about this one. The boys should just about be drained and Footscray aren't a terrible side. If they really want pick 5 instead of pick 6 we're a chance, but McCartney doesn't seem like the tanking type. On the other hand, we have a good record of firing up after especially tough losses. No more injuries would be satisfactory.

Back