Review Round 23 Giants vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar enjoying that winning feeling!

BwXKcWZCAAEQM3l.jpg

Well played GWS. Loads of talent there, and speed to burn. That was a spirited performance. Best wishes. If my wife didn't support the Eagles I'd give your mob the sub's vest.

WOW
Geez they're fast learners.
Took them all of 6 days to learn the lesson of " everything you DON'T do in the final 2 minutes of a game " :thumbsu:

Factor in you guys threw 3 wins away ( Saints rd2 , Bombers rd12 and last week ) and probably should've done the cats and Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic win.
All of the injuries have really given a number of the previous not best 22 a chance to shine/ develop e.g. Buntine, Plowman, Stewart.
Cam McCarthy looks very, very special. Great hands, nice kick, excellent defensive pressure, can't wait to see what this guy will do after another preseason or two.
WHE - the most exciting player on our list IMO. Has really come of age and will become one of the most exciting players in the AFL.
Stewart really showed something, loved the run around the mark and long goal.
Devon Smith continues to develop his reputation.
Toby Greene - needs his own thread, fantastic turnaround from this guy.
Mumford - awesome recruit, I think the most important Giant, did we win any games without him?
Heater - would be feeling pretty good about his decision to leave the Pies.
Kelly - how about his goal in the last, has he got ice running through his veins.

3 significant last quarter moments.
1. Plowmans & Williams running bounces down the wing.
2. Greene's last quarter effort, his goal good, his handball over the top to WHE even better.
3. The coolness of first year players McCarthy & Kelly. Super.

Good to see the boys sticking up for each other and not being intimidated by opposition, Did they let mccarthy off due to being a first gamer?
So many positives from the game but still a very susceptible back 6. Plowman and Buntine need too bulk up a bit more and have better defensive positioning which will come with more game time and preseasons. Overall great too get the win although next year i see the opposition will be more aware of our players strengths and weaknesses and they won't rest as many players

Good to see the boys sticking up for each other and not being intimidated by opposition, Did they let mccarthy off due to being a first gamer?
So many positives from the game but still a very susceptible back 6. Plowman and Buntine need too bulk up a bit more and have better defensive positioning which will come with more game time and preseasons. Overall great too get the win although next year i see the opposition will be more aware of our players strengths and weaknesses and they won't rest as many players

Who was rested? I thought the back 6 were good... They withstood a huge amount of pressure.

They get undue scrutiny because the second kick out from defence is often so poor... And the ball comes straight back.

Who was rested? I thought the back 6 were good... They withstood a huge amount of pressure.

They get undue scrutiny because the second kick out from defence is often so poor... And the ball comes straight back.

The rested comment was more in reference to the top teams thinking it would be an easy 4 points and could rest a couple of star players, or not go at 100%, thought the Hawks put out a weaker team?
Would be interesting to see stats on forward 50 entries conceded and time in defensive half vs previous seasons and also compared to other teams as from watching games and from reports our defence has been hammered
just a couple of incidents in the second half where one of them was gently pushed by a dogs player in the goal square and gained enough separation to goal and then lost their man 30 from goal allowing an easy mark 20-30 in front. again i may be harsh and i have seen the potential but just seem they need to get into the gym with shiel and hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back