Round 23 Gold Coast v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

You think Gold Coast are trying? Or do you really think Eagles are good enough to score 11 goals 2 behinds in a quarter? The best this season? Where it just so happens to be in the last game of the year?

But of course, no one is tanking.

Too funny.

Of course the original inference was that it would be West Coast doing the tanking.

But you keep trying :)

Good position to try and improve next season too. There are good signs, however the reliance on one player is extreme and one you have to fix

My point was that 12th is the lowest position you can be in while being drawn for harder scheduling, but you still only get pick 7. If they were tanking, they probably wouldn't have landed in the worst position on the ladder.

Good position to try and improve next season too. There are good signs, however the reliance on one player is extreme and one you have to fix

Think the young kids would step up in the next couple years. Lynch has been night and day from the beginning of the season until the end. They have their bad games, but you can see how much they are improving every week. It'll come in time. Season didn't end on the best note with all the losses, but there's definitely a lot to be excited about.

Enjoy trying to win a flag from 4th!

No worries we probably won't.

Pretty sure you can't make finals, but you brought in some players for a last ditched attempt and left out a club champion because you thought you'd give him a send off in the finals.

EPIC FAIL!

Would love to see Kennedy's goal stats against teams in the bottom and those in the top 8.

This is such a commanding performance by a team outside the 8.

Has anyone looked at their percentage to see how it compares with teams in the past who have missed finals.

Since Ablett went down the Suns have been almost useless, i know footballers play for a lot money, i just think it's been a football tragedy that Gary Ablett jr has now missed the past 4 finals series. Franklin went to the Swans over GWS, he wasn't going to a side just to team build, he went to win Premierships and have the money at the same time. Players want success, they want the glory that goes with winning. I don't think money was the only motivation for Ablett leaving Geelong, was it the Thompson rift? did he crack the shits because he wasn't Captain? did he think he was a little more special than his teammates? Money is great, it's not as if he wouldn't have been filthy rich if he had stayed at Geelong. He certainly would be a 3 time, maybe 4 or 5 time Premiership player? The Suns are still a long way off and 2015 might see Ablett Jr having an early holiday again! As Ian Dury once sang "What A Waste"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since Ablett went down the Suns have been almost useless, i know footballers play for a lot money, i just think it's been a football tragedy that Gary Ablett jr has now missed the past 4 finals series. Franklin went to the Swans over GWS, he wasn't going to a side just to team build, he went to win Premierships and have the money at the same time. Players want success, they want the glory that goes with winning. I don't think money was the only motivation for Ablett leaving Geelong, was it the Thompson rift? did he crack the shits because he wasn't Captain? did he think he was a little more special than his teammates? Money is great, it's not as if he wouldn't have been filthy rich if he had stayed at Geelong. He certainly would be a 3 time, maybe 4 or 5 time Premiership player? The Suns are still a long way off and 2015 might see Ablett Jr having an early holiday again! As Ian Dury once sang "What A Waste"

He wants to tie his legacy in with the Suns. With how many draft concessions they got, they're in outstanding position to win a flag in the next few years, and he's front and center. Ablett was with this team when they were absolutely nothing, and helped build them up into a team that was pushing for the finals when he was healthy. He's like a founding father of the team. I don't think it's about the money with him. He wanted to do something no one else had done before. If they do end up getting a flag, he'll have done something special even by his standards. It'll be a nice way to cap off the career of one of the best ever.

Think the young kids would step up in the next couple years. Lynch has been night and day from the beginning of the season until the end. They have their bad games, but you can see how much they are improving every week. It'll come in time. Season didn't end on the best note with all the losses, but there's definitely a lot to be excited about.

Maybe but at the end of the day, they have had a few seasons and the improvement isn't there. Bennell and Swallow aside, I guess Lynch...have any of them really had great seasons?

Kennedy has had one of the dodgiest 60+ goal seasons in recent memory, but a lot of that is to do with our midfield delivery. Has gone missing at times this year, but always works hard for a forward.

I agree.

An aging player v an in their prime player. He definitely has Pav covered.

Love how Kennedy has stepped up this year and played a big role even when the team has lost :rolleyes:

He'll probably win a premiership as well - something that Pav seems to have missed out on.

It's a shame.

Maybe but at the end of the day, they have had a few seasons and the improvement isn't there. Bennell and Swallow aside, I guess Lynch...have any of them really had great seasons?

Martin, O'Meara, Matera, and Prestia have all showed a lot of promise. Lot of inconsistency, but a lot of these guys are barely 20. It's to be expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back