Round 23 Gold Coast v West Coast

Martin, O'Meara, Matera, and Prestia have all showed a lot of promise. Lot of inconsistency, but a lot of these guys are barely 20. It's to be expected.

Yet without Ablett they are getting lapped. Even GWS are more competitive without their best midfielder and that is a big worry. I think GC will come on, don't get me wrong but I have fears it will be after Ablett retires.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kennedy 10 goals 11 behinds versus teams in the 8.

One bag of 3 against Essendon.

Pavlich just for one posters comparison.

24 goals 10 behinds versus teams in the 8.

Best bag of only 5 but only one game where he kicked 1 goal, the rest multiples.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Kennedy 10 goals 11 behinds versus teams in the 8.

One bag of 3 against Essendon.

Pavlich just for one posters comparison.

24 goals 10 behinds versus teams in the 8.

Best bag of only 5 but only one game where he kicked 1 goal, the rest multiples.

Says it all really.

volkerball

Team Captain
Aug 25, 2013
Illinois
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Yet without Ablett they are getting lapped. Even GWS are more competitive without their best midfielder and that is a big worry. I think GC will come on, don't get me wrong but I have fears it will be after Ablett retires.

They beat Collingwood with no subs and no Ablett. I think the biggest issue is that they players that they have that are bad are REALLY bad. Aaron Hall, Matt Shaw, guys like that can't be around the footy as often as they are on teams that expect to win games. It'll come together. I also think Ablett will play til he's 50, but he might surprise us and retire at 45.

Rainfall

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
*shrugs* Mate, if you have the answer, you'd get offered a job within our football department.

As it stands, we have a lot of work to do with our midfield
I couldn't work for your football department I'd have to honor kill myself like the Japanese did I believe it is called Seppuku
No offence or anything but I would feel bad for traitor

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Get ******, when does he spend whole games remonstrating with the umpires and sooking it up out there? :oops:

Don't have a tantrum child. I meant it in the way that the only kicks bags of goals in nothing games and doesn't play well against good opponents.

Although I suppose that doesn't make you feel much better.

Back