Round 23 (Grand Final) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Opponent had Rockliff (c) and Zorko, turning a close one into an almost certain league win.

Maybe it's just me, but this season seemed underwhelming because of the AFL/VS split. I enjoyed RDT but it needs more numbers.
I had Rocky and Zorko (brought in this week) with no cover for either (already a forward zero with Motlop as it is) - has cost me a Grand Final, my best 22 is a league above his but i'm going to lose badly.

I just couldnt recover from the week of carnage with Beams, Boomer, JPk and Barlow out (traded Barlow before JPK because JPK was just the test) so then I only have two trades to deal with my 3 zeros this week, and then to add insult to injury, the player I brought in for Boomer is a late out - thanks Dayne - w***er.

same story for me. I lost my prelim last week to a team that had about 5 mid-pricers in their best 22. The trading structure needs to be altered next season. I keep banging on about it, but give us the 44 trades split into quarters. So 11 trades for rounds 1-5, 11 trades for 6-11, 11 trades for 12-17, and 11 trades for 18-22/23

Each quarter of the season you can use your 11 trades however and whenever you like. There are just some weeks where everything is going smoothly but you feel forced to make 2 changes for the sole purpose that you dont get them back, or have any incentive not to trade.

Anyway this round i am 1539 from 15+VC (16). Even with Rocky and Zorko missing and 5 midfield premos all scoring under 90 i could scrape through 2200.

What a way to finish the year in RDT. Swan, SJ, JPK, Hodge, Franklin and Zorko all out.

And in AF (in grand final) I rushed through last minute to set my team and ended up with Swan still on the field as my VC, Parker on the bench not as emergency (was moving him to midfield to put on field for Swan and putting Rohan on the field in my forwards) and then Rockliff a late out as my captain (so no captain score at all) as well as Hodge and Zorko giving me zeros.

On to next year!

League admin is counting out my cash as ive smoked my Grand final already :D Uniques continued to go mad for me and was very careful to put the VC on Lewis!

Here's how it went -

Jelwood 139 v Goddard 79
Ellis 93 v Cotchin 86
Duncan 124 v Franklin (E score 68)
Hanley 95 v Kelly 86
Jacobs v Bartel 114
Crouch v Greene

Lewis VC v Priddis VC
Mundy (E) 99 vs Lloyd (E) 68

For me to loose Priddis needs to go 150+ then Green 200+ and Crouch + Jacobs less than 100. HA!

Party time tonight after i collect my $$$ :D I could kiss Mitchy Duncan and Hanley... sickest uniques and have hit some kind of form toward the back end of the year. Will both be among the first picked in my squad for next year.

Btw 1822 from 15.... a sneaky shot at the weekly? haha.

Schmidt - you end up playing danger? Benched him but will need him to cover RockLobster. Bit concerned he won't play since the Tigers win...you might have been right about that.

Congrats Kozi. That's massive. Was thinking we should get a bigfooty cash league going next year...even if it's just a small pool would be fun.

Schmidt - you end up playing danger? Benched him but will need him to cover RockLobster. Bit concerned he won't play since the Tigers win...you might have been right about that.

Congrats Kozi. That's massive. Was thinking we should get a bigfooty cash league going next year...even if it's just a small pool would be fun.

Thanks man. A Bigfooty league for us is a great idea!! That league would be super competitive and one of the best leagues in the game as I usually see the strongest teams posted here :)

I'd go Crouch - lock for 100+ vs Stkilda. Shuey's ceiling is slightly higher but he's much more likely to go sub 100 than Crouchy.
Or should take Sidebottom's 125 as VC, use Miles's 88 as my mid emergency and then pick someone up like Higgins for my last defender spot instead of using Miles's 88. Can I have more than one emergency contribute to my score in elite?

Or should I put Sauce Jacobs captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schmidt - you end up playing danger?

I didnt want to and recommended on bigfooty for people not to play him but when the team lists where named I had Hodge, Greenwood, JK3, McGlynn on my field so I had to.

It was either risk danger or play langdon. I preferred having langdon as bench cover rather then get a 50.

So basically I was screwed with the teams for the final round.

Benches win premierships.

Guaranteed! By finals time any serious team needs to have a premo at M9, and players with an average of 80 minimum across all other lines.

This year I haven't even met my own standards lol. Had a 100 average M9 since middle of the year but held Wright and McGovern at D7 and F7 instead of upgrading them. It allowed more cash on the field though which has definitely proved to be the winner this season. Slight strategy tweak!

Last edited:
afl fantasys live rankings have stopped working. I was desperate to see if i was on track to finish inside the top 12,000 overall...

I guess nows a good time to start my list of dream team rules to stick by for 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back