Autopsy Round 23: Richmond vs North @ Etihad

Top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhhh... glad that's out of the way.

Let the games begin! The real AFL season starts now.

I think they only need to win by 70 odd which is likely. I reckon we're gonna cop the Crows at the G.

No. If they beat the Lions by 78, they have a greater for/against points differential than us - but not percentage. Because we have scored less than them (and had a better defence), 78 +/- for us is a bigger %age than theirs. The higher the score, the bigger the +/- needs to be for the same percentage boost.

EG - if the Lions score 0, the dogs have to score 107 to pass us.
if the Lions score 50, the dogs have to score 169.
If the Lions score 100, the Dogs need to score 231.

Just saw a stat that they have the second oldest list in the comp.

Crazy Vossy wasn't even that crazy. Unless they win the GF this year they're in a little bit of trouble!
Plenty of free agents retiring to top them up

We were in about 1st and 2nd in the first half and got to about 3rd in the second half. In a way we got a good preseason hitout with a nice 9 day break. Norf on the other hand will be off the pace.

No. If they beat the Lions by 78, they have a greater for/against points differential than us - but not percentage. Because we have scored less than them (and had a better defence), 78 +/- for us is a bigger %age than theirs. The higher the score, the bigger the +/- needs to be for the same percentage boost.

EG - if the Lions score 0, the dogs have to score 107.
if the Lions score 50, the dogs have to score 169.
If the Lions score 100, the Dogs need to score 231.
Cheers - playing Adelaide looking very unlikely then.

Good on ya Tigers.
15-7 same as 2013, arguably a better side, likely considerably better when we are up and about. Do miss a fit Conca and both Jackson and Tuck but our defence is hugely improved as is our run/disposal in general.

Whatever happens next week, and I think we will beat whoever we play but whatever indeed happens, just for now big credit to the boys for the turnaround after 2-4 and looking slow and disinterested, we will beat anyone now.
we've got the game plan to withstand pressure in our backline & and to be able to win kicking 10 ~ 12 goals which is what finals is all about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I could see our hearts weren't in it from the start, when they kicked the first two I had flashbacks to the previous two elimination finals and I felt like
MxxpcHI.gif

Then I saw Dusty tenderly shift the weight off his ankle and I was suddenly overcome with emotion
giphy.gif

By the time half time came around, the sky was falling down, we were about to slide into an obsidian abyss making the last 30 years look bright in comparison, Dusty would need his leg amputated, no players would want to come to our club ever again and we would need to relocate to Darwin. I was inconsolable. My imaginary girlfriend put her arm around me but even her spectral presence couldn't allay my fears and anxieties.
crying-waterfalls.gif

So I started to drink. I finished off the dregs of Jammo in the cupboard, I stabbed my goon bag and suckled from its underbelly until it was a deflated silver balloon, I spent twenty minutes shaking a bottle of bitters until I had extracted a shot's worth, I licked the beer stained carpet, and I was forced to break into my elderly neighbours house to finish off her Advocaat and Creme de Menthe. I felt disgusting, dirty, tainted. I needed a shower... But as I sat on the floor of the shower I closed my eyes, from drunkenness and weariness, and Ben Brown's terrifying visage leered up at me from the shadows, smiling insanely. 'This is your lot, Boob Radley; this is Richmond. This is what it's going to be like...

giphy.gif
'

I couldn't handle it anymore. I seriously considered killing myself.
giphy.gif

But then, in my darkest hour, I felt as stirring in my loin... Caro, defender of all that is good and holy, entered the image projected on to the back of my eyes and she slapped Ben Brown so hard he exploded into a fine, powdery red mist. Caro gave a nod of approval to my naked body before looking me straight in the eyes, saying, 'Boob, get a grip mate, go out there and watch the rest of the bloody match. You could see from the get go we've been jogging around, not providing shepherds, barely manning marks, no pressure; no one gives a ******* s**t about this joke of a match because lolnorf decided to turn it into a three-ringed circus.'

Her image dissolved into the shadows. I opended my eyes, now tearless, and resolved to watch the rest of the match. I was forced to quickly masturbate due to my interaction with Caro's image but before the bounce of the second half I was sitting in the living room, clean, acceptably drunk, dry eyed and, for the first time, excited. I was excited because I knew we, in this game and the next, would win.

Ladder Predictor. If GC beat Swans by 1 point we're 4th

Provided the GC score at least 63 points.

It's possible for the Swans to lose by a point - and provided the score is less than 63-62, they will still be above us on %age.

If they lose by 2 points, GC have to score at least 59 points total - otherwise the Swans still have a %age better than us.

If they lose 51-54 we finish on identical %ages - 1930 for, 1568 against.

Even though I could see our hearts weren't in it from the start, when they kicked the first two I had flashbacks to the previous two elimination finals and I felt like
MxxpcHI.gif

Then I saw Dusty tenderly shift the weight off his ankle and I was suddenly overcome with emotion
giphy.gif

By the time half time came around, the sky was falling down, we were about to slide into an obsidian abyss making the last 30 years look bright in comparison, Dusty would need his leg amputated, no players would want to come to our club ever again and we would need to relocate to Darwin. I was inconsolable. My imaginary girlfriend put her arm around me but even her spectral presence couldn't allay my fears and anxieties.
crying-waterfalls.gif

So I started to drink. I finished off the dregs of Jammo in the cupboard, I stabbed my goon bag and suckled from its underbelly until it was a deflated silver balloon, I spent twenty minutes shaking a bottle of bitters until I had extracted a shot's worth, I licked the beer stained carpet, and I was forced to break into my elderly neighbours house to finish off her Advocaat and Creme de Menthe. I felt disgusting, dirty, tainted. I needed a shower... But as I sat on the floor of the shower I closed my eyes, from drunkenness and weariness, and Ben Brown's terrifying visage leered up at me from the shadows, smiling insanely. 'This is your lot, Boob Radley; this is Richmond. This is what it's going to be like...

giphy.gif
'

I couldn't handle it anymore. I seriously considered killing myself.
giphy.gif

But then, in my darkest hour, I felt as stirring in my loin... Caro, defender of all that is good and holy, entered the image projected on to the back of my eyes and she slapped Ben Brown so hard he exploded into a fine, powdery red mist. Caro gave a nod of approval to my naked body before looking me straight in the eyes, saying, 'Boob, get a grip mate, go out there and watch the rest of the bloody match. You could see from the get go we've been jogging around, not providing shepherds, barely manning marks, no pressure; no one gives a ******* s**t about this joke of a match because lolnorf decided to turn it into a three-ringed circus.'

Her image dissolved into the shadows. I opended my eyes, now tearless, and resolved to watch the rest of the match. I was forced to quickly masturbate due to my interaction with Caro's image but before the bounce of the second half I was sitting in the living room, clean, acceptably drunk, dry eyed and, for the first time, excited. I was excited because I knew we, in this game and the next, would win.

POTY

Back