?????
?????

4 down, 3 to go.

Things I've learnt:
  1. Dean!!!
  2. F***ing!!!
  3. Towers!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

1. Some Sydney supporters can't be pleased.
2. Did what we needed to do.
3. Towers impressed me. Deserves to be in the side ahead of Lloyd.
4. Really need to win next week, that week off will ne crucial.

Tippett is a massive asset in his current form and could be crucial
Ditto reid

If buddy gets going we might just be unstoppable forward especially with the odd goodes cameo

Is this all finally coming together up forward

Late season pre finals injuries suck

And really the nights highlight was towers, well done

1. Mitchell is elite and has stood up big time when Parker and Jack went down.

2. Reid looks better on the wing.

3. Tippett is in career best form. Buddy did what he needed to do but needs to bring it next week.

3a. We have a lot of sore boys. If we don't win next week and get the week off we'll be out in straight sets.

There is something seriously weird about our form. We look so awesome and so ordinary.

I am beginning to question Longmires obsession with player flexibility. Can players constantly flip roles in a game and maintain consistency?

Towers may actually offer something
BJ is having some important touches
Hanners is a barometer and is set for a big finals series
Concerned about Buddy, he's played injured in the past, and still works his magic, however looks severely hampered atm

Reid and Tippo are in great nick. Our forwardline is looking very potent, is the franklin injury a blessing in disguise?
Dean whipping boy towers had a good game and could play a role in the following weeks
Laids had a mare
Mitchell is going to be a great player over the next decade. Always gives 100%

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I always knew he'd come good:
Towers was a late starter. Despite his age, i still think he was on a level with the other 1st year recruits (Marsh, Dick etc...) but with a bit more developed body. He'll come on, but i never really expected him to be a star in his first AFL year. He'll do another pre-season, and then come in next year, and we'll all sing his praises then.

2. Time for my weekly Goodes is done post. The occasional good thing he does just doesn't make up for his lack of chase, pressure and inability to compete one on one.

3. Despite looking quite ordinary, we piled on 127 points, and it should have been more if Reid could kick straight. We have scoring power, and if we turn up we'll worry Freo.

1. Forward line is looking better. Someone help Reid kick though

2. Goodes still does enough poor things to make me consider dropping him but...

3. ...* me we are losing players. Hope Jack is ok.

4. Hanners still a Brownlpw smokey

5. Dean Towers for the Norm Smith. Best game I have ever seen him play. Would pick him next week. This is the minimum though now Dean. You set the standard. Now break it.

1. Our best is as good as any other team's. Just need to put it all together, or at least do our best not to concede too many goals during our s**t patches, and we'll go far come finals.

2. Goodes is still a midfielder, I don't get why we refuse to play him there for more than the occasional stint.

3. Brandon Jack is a strange player. He has such pace, but he hasn't quite figured out how to exploit it at AFL level yet. On the other hand, he's had some super important touches in close over the last month or so, and tonight was no exception. A ton of quick handballs out of congestion that you don't quite catch turned out to be from him. 4 clearances from extremely limited midfield time tells the story as well. Is he a better option than Ben McGlynn? I think I prefer Benny right now, but he has a very promising future, especially if he can play more solid midfield minutes and learn to use his pace.

4. Nice to see Rampe FINALLY land a bomb from outside 50. He's had a few tries without much luck this year.

5. Maybe Dean Towers has a future as an AFL player after all. Keep it up Dean. #KeenForDean

I feel like Buddy's played under instruction not to push himself too much.

I was at the SCG tonight. I was there until three quarter time, so I did not see the last one. Buddy was imo hardly sighted. Is it still his back which is the issue? I thought is was a little odd, although Sam Day is getting to be a very good defender. (#17 - I think it's Sam Day)

1. It's Towers Time. :p

2. The sound of 25k fans struck dumb by what they're seeing is a sort of tittering sound, interspersed with clearly audible swearing from Swans players as they fire a field kick OOB on the full or create a turnover. :drunk:

3. Shaw refuses to kick a goal if the crowd begs him to do so in junk time. Especially in what is likely his last ever SCG appearance. Man won't pander.

4. When Shaw refuses to kick said meaningless goal, the crowd will stop cheering him and start booing him. :D

5. None of it matters. We're 4th on the ladder. FORGET AND RESET! We're in this. :thumbsu:

I think buddy moved better as the game went, played up the ground a lot more, to get some fitness

I think looking round the main board the reason freo fans and others think we lose next week is doubts over buddy

I am actually pretty confident based on tonight he is ready

I think buddy moved better as the game went, played up the ground a lot more, to get some fitness

I think looking round the main board the reason freo fans and others think we lose next week is doubts over buddy

All he has to do is take out a defender and make a contest. he could get 0 goals for the finals series. But if that means Reid and Tippett kick 20 between them, job done. Kick it to him often enough so a defender always stays on him to free up Tippett and Reid. Make a contest so BJ or Heeney can rove him

All he has to do is take out a defender and make a contest. he could get 0 goals for the finals series. But if that means Reid and Tippett kick 20 between them, job done. Kick it to him often enough so a defender always stays on him to free up Tippett and Reid. Make a contest so BJ or Heeney can rove him

Buddy did his role perfectly tonight

Got match fitness and the others made the most of the space he created

Longmire is finally possibly going to have a fit and in form reid tippett and buddy at one time

Goodes pulls out a last few weeks of magic
Pyke keeps fit

Dangerous team

Tippett a worthy replacement for Mumford? Even though a pricey one..
Well Mumford is usually injured for half a season and Tippett has played pretty much the entire year so for this year yeah.
Buddy the most expensive decoy in AFL.
He's the most effective decoy in the AFL, no other forward would attract as much attention from opposition defence as him.

Actuallly, didn't we play him much like this before? Kept him out of the forward line all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back