Preview Round 23 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys, a bit of a danger game for us, if they are looking too far ahead. We need to make sure we pay you guys some respect. The Gabba has often been a tough hunting ground for us.

Disappointing year for you guys I was one if those who thought you would have made the eight. Schade is a great player, a country boy to boot from my neck of the woods, he should help you forget this year and move on quickly.

Hey guys, a bit of a danger game for us, if they are looking too far ahead. We need to make sure we pay you guys some respect. The Gabba has often been a tough hunting ground for us.

Disappointing year for you guys I was one if those who thought you would have made the eight. Schade is a great player, a country boy to boot from my neck of the woods, he should help you forget this year and move on quickly.

Because I'm very lazy, is there an indication as to whether you guys will rest a few players and if so, who and how many?

Because I'm very lazy, is there an indication as to whether you guys will rest a few players and if so, who and how many?

Bev has ruled this out. Although I suspect a few are sore and won't play, namely Crameri, Morris and maybe Dahl.

Great preview. Beveridge said on the weekend that he will be "raiding the VFL side" this week. I think we can win or at least run them close. If anyone here is a betting man (or woman), i think the +34.5 available is great value.
Fingers crossed this eventuates.

Will be a record for me - 14th game of the year this weekend. What a miserable year to do it! Thinking of a 3 game membership next year :(
15th for me. All 11 home games, GC away and made the trip down for GWS, Geelong and Adelaide away. Thought was that it was the year we got our jumper back...

I hope you guys turn up complacent thinking about next week.

Credit to your mob though, don't think anyone saw the season that you guys would have coming after the off-season you guys had.

Fingers crossed this eventuates.
Meh for me - if it's a choice between a next to meaningless win over the Dogs because they let their guard down or rested players and getting the number one pick to kick-start our revival, I'll take the pick every time. And yes, I know that's not a popular view.

Meh for me - if it's a choice between a next to meaningless win over the Dogs because they let their guard down or rested players and getting the number one pick to kick-start our revival, I'll take the pick every time. And yes, I know that's not a popular view.
Because Pick ones have gotten Carlton and Melbourne out of the s**t and contending for a premiership...

Also we will draft Schache and they will draft Weitering regardless of who finishes last.

I NEVER EVER under any circumstances want to see my club finish last, I remember the days when we had a short but proud history. In 1998 we cost ourselves a priority pick by beating finals bound St Kilda by 1 point. In 2011 Port avoided the wooden spoon by beating Melbourne in the last round, look how quickly they turned on-field fortunes around. Going out to win creates winning culture, going out to lose creates losing culture.

If we win on Saturday it is only a meaningless win if Carlton somehow gets a draw or win against Hawthorn. We should NEVER accept finishing last. Finishing last is for clubs like Carlton and Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will we be able to field a team at the rate we are going they all seem to want to be traded.

Dogs by 50.

Stick a fork in us..........

Bulldogs ladder position could potentially come down to percentage and I think their preferred run in the finals will be from 5th rather than 6th.
The risk for the coach is whether to go hard this week to secure an *easier run, or make do with 6th place and conserve energy for a slightly tougher run.
I think they'd rather play North in their elimination and Sydney in a semi than trying their luck with Adelaide then either West Coast or Hawks.

Because Pick ones have gotten Carlton and Melbourne out of the s**t and contending for a premiership...

Also we will draft Schache and they will draft Weitering regardless of who finishes last.

I NEVER EVER under any circumstances want to see my club finish last, I remember the days when we had a short but proud history. In 1998 we cost ourselves a priority pick by beating finals bound St Kilda by 1 point. In 2011 Port avoided the wooden spoon by beating Melbourne in the last round, look how quickly they turned on-field fortunes around. Going out to win creates winning culture, going out to lose creates losing culture.

If we win on Saturday it is only a meaningless win if Carlton somehow gets a draw or win against Hawthorn. We should NEVER accept finishing last. Finishing last is for clubs like Carlton and Melbourne.
Thats the spirit, thats what following a footy team is all about. I'm a doggies fan, 43 yrs old, Ive spent more time cheering my team on avoiding the wooden spoon. We have only won one vfl/afl final since we joined the comp, in 1954, 18 years before I was born, yet we have only finished on the bottom twice in nearly 100 years. Footy is a big roundabout, and that roundabout is bigger for some. Remember you have had a great run over the years, 3 in a row, and a few spoons when you were the bears, but it goes around. Coming off success, cheering your team on not getting the spoon is a good thing, and that is what makes a club, more than the wins. You will get back up there eventually, it might be 2 years or it might be 30:) Though we are having a good run this season, no doggies fan has an expectation to win the flag, a hope yeh but, ..... The joys of a footy team, and the supporters. hang tough, its a life long journey as a fan and footy team. I see the dogs winning comfortably this weekend, but see your lads putting up a good show for the last game. There will still be alot of players proving their worth for the future. My query would be be the internal search for a coach. I think leppitch is a voss clone. The game has changed, as it does regularly, but they havn't coaching wise. The talent you do have isnt being utitlised, hence they are looking to trade. We had the same beef the last few years.

All the resting going on wonder if the dogs will follow suit or possibly coast a bit. Ironic that an upset win this weekend could help solidify some of the playing group yet hurt our draft/trade period significantly.

Maybe a bye before finals start is worth looking at.

All the resting going on wonder if the dogs will follow suit or possibly coast a bit. Ironic that an upset win this weekend could help solidify some of the playing group yet hurt our draft/trade period significantly.

Maybe a bye before finals start is worth looking at.

Murphy, boyd and Morris to miss with general soreness. Not quite freo or North proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back