Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Which game should have been scheduled for that timeslot instead?

I hate Sunday twilights, but it was the logical choice.

Honestly while it's a pretty low profile match and they can't give the timeslot to a team that's gonna make finals, we're gonna finish up with 15 sunday matches and six of those are twilight matches.

Could potentially be the lowest crowd ever at an AFL game. Hopefully the Dogs supporters get out in force.

With it likely being Gia's farewell game and the last chance to watch us for 6 months against a team we should beat easily, I'd be pretty disappointed if not a lot of our members shop up. I'd guess a crowd of around 18,000-20,000 would be acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly while it's a pretty low profile match and they can't give the timeslot to a team that's gonna make finals, we're gonna finish up with 15 sunday matches and six of those are twilight matches.
Just makes it easier to bargain with the AFL that we deserve more Saturday/Friday matches, and less Sunday matches. Knowing Gordon he'll be pushing that for next year.

Just makes it easier to bargain with the AFL that we deserve more Saturday/Friday matches, and less Sunday matches. Knowing Gordon he'll be pushing that for next year.

Until we lift our membership base by about 10,000 and start winning more games, continue to block out your Sundays on the calendar if you want to attend our games:(

Despite only about 30% of AFL matches taking place on Sunday, 80% of our home games in Melbourne were scheduled on a Sunday in 2014. :eek:

Of the 15 Sunday Twilight/Night AFL matches (without the next day being a public holiday) we have three as home games or 20% of the total. :rolleyes:

Until we lift our membership base by about 10,000 and start winning more games, continue to block out your Sundays on the calendar if you want to attend our games:(
That could well be true.
But we won't get more members if they keep giving us Sunday fixtures! (esp twilights) :rolleyes:

There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza ...

They are playing North.

Our game is the only game of the round where neither team is in finals calculations.
The fixturing by the AFL for R23 was pathetic, why does Brisbane play Geelong at Geelong again like last year? I feel the AFL should've scheduled BL vs Melb and Geel vs North for R23 but alas they're playing this week. Adelaide are stiff they got St Kilda so copped a Sunday arvo.

Despite only about 30% of AFL matches taking place on Sunday, 80% of our home games in Melbourne were scheduled on a Sunday in 2014. :eek:

Of the 15 Sunday Twilight/Night AFL matches (without the next day being a public holiday) we have three as home games or 20% of the total. :rolleyes:
Also despite half of every week's games being on a Saturday, we only get 7 for the season and only 1 home Saturday night game, even these 440 Saturday twilights were taken away from us (only interstate games I think in this slot). It's BS I had my say on this month's ago though in some other thread.

Why not just do all games 2:10 on a Saturday. Surely one round they could manage to do that.
Because how exactly can they televise 9 games at once? Plus that would mean a horrible weekend of footy because a lot of people like to watch other games during the round.

You know what the club must do in it's bargaining power for more prime time footy next year? It is finishing above Carlton imo. That overrated bunch get 4x the exposure of what they should because they're a so called "big club". Why should the AFL give them tons more exposure than us because they're a "big club" even though us the so called "minnows" potentially could finish above them on the ladder. We must finish above Carlton this year, even West Coast too, 9-13 we should be aiming for.

You know what the club must do in it's bargaining power for more prime time footy next year? It is finishing above Carlton imo. That overrated bunch get 4x the exposure of what they should because they're a so called "big club". Why should the AFL give them tons more exposure than us because they're a "big club" even though us the so called "minnows" potentially could finish above them on the ladder. We must finish above Carlton this year, even West Coast too, 9-13 we should be aiming for.

They won three more matches than us last year in the Home and Away season and were rewarded with 8 prime time Thursday/Friday matches - we were given 0.

[QUOTE Imperial, post: 34284910, member: 6540"]They won three more matches than us last year in the Home and Away season and were rewarded with 8 prime time Thursday/Friday matches - we were given 0.[/QUOTE]
Yes a humongous 3 more wins means 1 of the biggest FTA advantage over most of the competition, now they're s***. They don't deserve more than what we're entitled too now, so for next years sake, it's vital we finish above them.

That could well be true.
But we won't get more members if they keep giving us Sunday fixtures! (esp twilights) :rolleyes:

There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza ...

It's a spiral and Gillon Mc has made it clear that the schedule next year will be based on crowd attendances so we'll get the worst of it. The way they look at it is that if they have the bigger watched matches in the best timeslots it will give them more money to then prop up the Dogs and Norf. Unsustainable imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back