Preview Round 3, 2015: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 19 April 2015 @ Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where do you think he'll play, half forward or half back?
It depends on who goes off? But I think he might go forward to apply pressure on the bulldogs backline.

Edit would love it if he kicked a sausage

Win it for Whitey lads. Huge motivation for players I'd say. Whitey has missed all our premierships, yet somehow managed to wear a smile while our boys played on, knowing he would miss out. Truly courageous and talented player.

Welcome back Swiss!

Hasn't he injured himself the last 2 times being Sub. He might be a person that needs to start the game. Anyway, best of luck.

He was sub the last time he did his knee. The first one I think Savage was the sub.

I don't think they'll factor that in though. Whether he's sub or not will be determined on what Russell thinks is best way to bring him back.

Very surprised they named Whitecross. Are the selectors sending a message to some of the under performers from the Essendon game that their spots are not assured? I would have thought Hartung or Simpkin would've got the nod before Whitecross who I wasn't expecting to see until round 5 at least.

Perhaps they're rewarding him for working so hard on his rehabilitation, and also intending it to send a positive message to the others. I'm also very very slightly surprised Hale wasn't picked, though not necessarily disappointed. I don't think Ceglar & McEvoy were well suited to the way last week panned out.

Random observation.

On the Hawks website JOR is listed at 188cm. Surely he can't even be over 180.

haha agree, although he wasn't the only one! i can't see him being in the best 22 if everyone is fit. I reckon that they will use Whitecross off halfback instead. Shiels and Frawley obviously in the starting 22 when they are fit. Interesting to see what the coaches think is the best combination. Would like to see Shoey get a run to see what he can offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked to see Swiss back in, bloke should serve to be an inspiration to the whole squad.
I watched him run laps during one of his rehabs. Not only did he run lap after lap, but he ran exactly along the marked boundary. No cutting corners. No cheating. Just grit and determination. Such dedication deserves success.

I don't know much about the elite fitness of athletes etc, but wouldn't it be important for whitey to continue playing full games to get his match fitness up to scratch? Putting him as sub would peg him back a little would it not?

Like I said, im no expert, just my 2 cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back