Preview Round 3: Brisbane V Richmond @ GABBA - Saturday 7:20pm, 18/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If a club ever listened to BigFooty on team selections they'd have no one playing

I still laugh at one serious suggestion a few years ago, a poster thought a committee of esteemed posters from pre should be in charge of selection for our club

Our speed is only shown up when we don't move the ball quickly by hand and foot.... We move it forward quickly we will look quick, we move it sideways and slowly we look slow....
Please Dimma... Don't have the team chip the ball around and then quote how many extra possessions and better efficiency the team had. Easy slow chip possessions are rubbish. Run and carry and get the ball in to the forward line before the opposition floods back.

Hi all. First time poster so be kind. This side looks much better balanced than last weeks side, but really hope we bring some intensity to the game this week, cos I think Leppa will have the lions up for this game. The only concern I have is will we have enough leg speed?
Week's*
Because*

Hi all. First time poster so be kind. This side looks much better balanced than last weeks side, but really hope we bring some intensity to the game this week, cos I think Leppa will have the lions up for this game. The only concern I have is will we have enough leg speed?
Joking mate. Welcome aboard :)

Please Dimma... Don't have the team chip the ball around and then quote how many extra possessions and better efficiency the team had. Easy slow chip possessions are rubbish. Run and carry and get the ball in to the forward line before the opposition floods back.

This.

Was driving me nuts at the game. Not just the crappy movement but the thought of dimma quoting possession efficiency based on backwards, chip and sidewards kicks. The following that up with, "a number like that usually wins games", or some other meaningless assertion based on a few stats in isolation rather than the big picture.

I still laugh at one serious suggestion a few years ago, a poster thought a committee of esteemed posters from pre should be in charge of selection for our club

I presume i was on that list of esteemed posters despite never going near PRE.

tigs2010 wouldn't be of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be shaggin his missers at home anyway and might do a buttock
fjkxz9.gif

Whole way driving home I was picturing Astbury moved forward for parts of the game with a little giggle
* dat, Astbury stays back and becomes confident in his role for the future as our full back. Chap goes fwd if anyone.

I still reckon we screwed up Posts head by playing fwd back fwd back in VFL & AFL. Kid never settled in anywhere. Maybe he wasn't that good but we didn't do him any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back