Autopsy Round 3: Brisbane V Richmond @ GABBA - Saturday 7:20pm, 18/04/15

Select your top 5 players for the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And again you never mentioned match day. You said blocking for players. Maybe ask, "who do you think Hardwick is a s**t match day coach".

Irrespective of what I said, it is not the point or scenario you put up nor the one that responded too.

You replied to another poster talking directly about blocking for Cotch because Melb would scrag etc etc.... and said that based on DH's previous coaching efforts we wouldn't..... You brought it up, not me.

You replied to another poster talking directly about blocking for Cotch because Melb would scrag etc etc.... and said that based on DH's previous coaching efforts we wouldn't..... You brought it up, not me.
And again it doesn't matter if I brought it up or not in regards to our conversation. You may think it does because what you intended to be your point. However what you point actually is and what you wanted it too be are not one and the same. Here let me show you.

Part 1
You are suggesting that either a) DH hasn't told players to block for Cotch and co and/or b) Player's don't know that they should be blocking for Cotch and co. I think that maybe you thought this comment would be a cheapie at the coach but forgot that you automatically brought 21 players int the equation :cool:

Either scenario is laughable. Execution may be lacking but I doubt that players and coaches are following instructions by not blocking.... Mind you I am one of the crazies that believes we landed on the moon and that 9/11 was actually a terrorist attack ;)

Here you ask if I am talking about Hardwick and the Coaches teaching blocking. And then raise a point about 21 players being a part of what you assume my comment to be. This is all you have done here, asked me if that is the point I am making. My reply was no, the point I am making is DH is not a very good match day coach. So you didn't ask me do I think Harwick teaches blocking, you ask if that was in fact what I was talking about. Notice no mention of match day from you.

Part 2
So you have failed to address the question.... do you believe that DH and the other coaches teach and instruct players to block for Cotch and co?

If the answer to that is yes, then the players are the ones at fault. If the answer is no then we have issues.... however, the players should be capable of both knowing the concept and executing it. None of that has anything to do with matchday coaching.... Simply another DH basher without using a logical scenario to make your point. I've asked a simple question, have a crack at answering it ;)
Noticed the bold part this is where you make your first mistake. Because I in fact answered your question. That being was I talking about blocking. Then you actually asked the question you thought you had initially about teaching blocking. Again notice no mention of match day from you.

It was at that point I do address the blocking situation, because it was at this point that you actually asked it. Now I will admit the whole poo on Hardwicks knob was over the line and I have removed it.

Part 3.
Listen you internet hero.... you can tell me all about your average weekend, I don't care. Go back and read your post, it made no sense in regards to why you thought DH was a s**t match day coach and I called you on it. The end. Some posters on here can make articulated arguments about why DH can or can't coach and the same about players. You come and sprout off some homo-erotic crap. This type of behaviour reeks of an individual lacking in the capacity to express himself properly. But good for you, you can go and tell your mates you won the internet today. You are truly a hero in my eyes. :cool:

In answer to your question in regards to the players, I don't have the faintest idea. I would put it down to application and effort. I have seen every single player block, bump, tackle, spoil and defend properly at times, so I don't think they don't know how to do it. Therefore they have been taught properly, before they became league players but maybe they have been taught better technique at AFL level. Therefore it's the effort. Now perhaps that is where DH comes into it. Maybe he isn't hard enough on players that don't do it and they continue to get games even if they don't do the imperatives every time. However, that's not match-day coaching, that's weekly coaching.

I have absolutely no doubt that DH and everyone in the footy dept has a far better understanding of each and every player on our list, their strengths and weaknesses and about their personalities than anyone on here. I'm happy enough to leave it to the professionals to get it right. When I think that I can do a better job, I'll apply for a job there and get it done myself....
This heated response from you that really isn't either here not there in regards to this current back and forth.

So in essence, you are the one that picked the argument not me. Unfortunate however that you didn't address your actual point correctly at the start, because if you had then it wouldn't have come to this.

And again it doesn't matter if I brought it up or not in regards to our conversation.

This heated response from you that really isn't either here not there in regards to this current back and forth.

So in essence, you are the one that picked the argument not me. Unfortunate however that you didn't address your actual point correctly at the start, because if you had then it wouldn't have come to this.

Haha, love it. Heated response. This is the internet. If you were in the lounge you'd see the smile mate. I love a bit of banter. Heated is me yelling at the footy, not talking on an internet forum! I'm certainly not worked up to the point where I start making comments like you did. I think it's good you changed that.

I didn't say you brought up the point with me. I replied to your post to another poster. I may have missed your reply though about why it was match day coaching re blocking and bumping etc.... Your reply was in response to a poster talking about Melbourne scragging and bumping Cotch and we would have to block was it not? It's the one below

Here's the thing. Roos knows if we get the outside ball going, we will blow them away. So surely to christ the brains trust will know that the Shemons will be doing everything to enable them to push numbers back and strangle our scoring ability. And they will be scragging the arse out of Cotchin and Edwards. We have to provide them with blocks and protection.
Like i said, surely they know this will happen.

Your reply indicated match day coaching, well to me anyway

You would expect so. Past performances and Hardwick "coached" games of similar scenarios suggest different.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

So you can see why I asked you about match day coaching and it's separation from blocking and protection. My apologies if that's not what you were talking about.... but since you replied to a post about it, I assumed that's what you were talking about. :)

Haha, love it. Heated response. This is the internet. If you were in the lounge you'd see the smile mate. I love a bit of banter. Heated is me yelling at the footy, not talking on an internet forum! I'm certainly not worked up to the point where I start making comments like you did. I think it's good you changed that.

I didn't say you brought up the point with me. I replied to your post to another poster. I may have missed your reply though about why it was match day coaching re blocking and bumping etc.... Your reply was in response to a poster talking about Melbourne scragging and bumping Cotch and we would have to block was it not? It's the one below

So you can see why I asked you about match day coaching and it's separation from blocking and protection. My apologies if that's not what you were talking about.... but since you replied to a post about it, I assumed that's what you were talking about. :)
All good. Happy with the back and forth. Please forget the comment that was out of hand. I get keyboard tourettes every now and then.

My comment was more in general terms that the same mistakes and issues plague Richmond and because of that the Melbourne game is one they should and need to win. But not one that can be assumed or assured they will win.

All good. Happy with the back and forth. Please forget the comment that was out of hand. I get keyboard tourettes every now and then.

My comment was more in general terms that the same mistakes and issues plague Richmond and because of that the Melbourne game is one they should and need to win. But not one that can be assumed or assured they will win.

Could not agree with you more! These are the games that have plagued the RFC for years.... before DH and certainly under him since we became more competitive in say 2011-12. It's almost as though when the players 'expect' to win (I mean I assume they expect to win most weeks but figure of speech) or feel as though they 'should' win that they struggle the most when confronted with pressure. This appeared to be the case against the Dogs (who played well but coughed it up enough that we should have hurt them but our players seemed 'scared' to move the ball forward quickly).

In all honesty, I'd take a scrappy win any margin and move on. I'd love us to really meet the challenge head on and win comfortably but well, we are Richmond!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

copthat gotta do Maric's fist pump after he got that free kick as well
jFLmhrf.gif

I like that we're in the top 8
We weren't in the top 8 until round 22 last year :oops:
Win against Melbourne and we start the season with the same win/loss ratio as 2013, then head into round 5 against a depleted Geelong
Tough run after that though, we'll get to see where we're at
North > Pies > Port > Essendon > Fremantle

I like that we're in the top 8
We weren't in the top 8 until round 22 last year :oops:
Win against Melbourne and we start the season with the same win/loss ratio as 2013, then head into round 5 against a depleted Geelong
Tough run after that though, we'll get to see where we're at
North > Pies > Port > Essendon > Fremantle
Good stat about being in the 8.

And this wil be the first time in around 10 years when we will start around even money with the Cats.

Good stat about being in the 8.

And this wil be the first time in around 10 years when we will start around even money with the Cats.
If we play well against Melbourne and beat them I'd be shocked if we don't start favourites against Geelong

Yeah that's pretty well said. Although I'm not convinced yet about Batch staying in for next week. Lennon could play and provide more tricks with at least as much defensive pressure, regardless of if he plays forward or back. I like Batch but he needs to rebound more often, with more effectiveness. Maybe a week or 2 at VFL level might build his confidence.... maybe. Wouldn't be too upset if the changes were the way you suggested.
Not sure he is the same defender just yet.

Good win for the boys. most importantly 4 points and some % boost in case we need it..! Brisbane were horrid and applied no pressure whatsoever.
Seriously when guys like grigg and newman (sorry champ) have a good game it means the opposition is applying no pressure. When chips are down these 2 are no where to be seen

Cotch - Showed his class and had a good game. Again, needs to perform against the stronger sides and break a tag
Titch - Well hasn't he come a long way.! showed so much finesse with the ball. he is very important to our game plan. opposition teams will now put a break on him..
Jack - Good game
Griff - Good game, can't afford to miss easy shots against good sides
Gordon - fumbles a lot but did a good job today. will improve with experience
Lloyd - was ok
Backline - solid
Houli - Well he is another important player for us and opposition will target him a lot this year.
Floss - Average game. perhaps carrying a niggle
Morris - Average game bu kicked a goal
Dusty - average game by his standard

we know Melbourne will bring alot of pressure, we were horrid last year against this mob playing for Hafey. I hope we get up and smash em this time...

Back