Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have Neale.... Yet, could add for wines.
Was close to adding a red-hot Shiel last week and he didn't live up to expectations yesterday

Got drunk on Saturday and forgot to do my Ablett trade.
Had 4 rookies on field in mids, no backup for Bonts, copped Bartel's 5 and a bunch of 60-70 scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wife ranked 64,000 spots ahead of me. Spent thirty minutes on her team all year. Shoot me.

What's MrsJ's team name?

My 6 year olds team is better than mine and I spent 5 minutes "helping her" with that. :drunk:

1971 Bartel & Bonts the ranking destroyers with 5 and 0. :( + 6 of my other "premo's" scoring 70's. :rolleyes: Lost all my cash leagues & plummeted 14k spots down the rankings to 31k overall. Worst ranking after 3 rounds EVER. :rainbow:

Scored 2,037.

Fell from 2,208 to 5,541 overall.

Copped Bartel's 5 sc points and had Oxley on the bench over McIntosh and Webster 2.0 (Newnes)

Cripps, Heeney and Krakoeur all on my mid bench outscoring Van Berlo, spud Griffen and Vandenberg. FMscL! :drunk:

Absolutely stuffed up all my rookie starting on the ground picks this week! FFS! :mad::thumbsdown:

No Bonts starting so had to take Hogans emergency score. :rainbow:

Still won all my league games though and in the top 3% overall so all good.

Hoping for a better week this week with new recruit Swan into the side :thumbsu:

What's MrsJ's team name?

My 6 year olds team is better than mine and I spent 5 minutes "helping her" with that. :drunk:
She calls herself "Wifeys Warriors". It used to be "Girlfriends Grizzlies" but we got married :)

She knows SFA about footy. Grabs the rookies from Jock's cheat sheet a week out from the season and picks the players she liked from the year before or has heard about in the news. Guns and Rookies every year. Never tries to pick the speculatives, just nice an consistent. Finishes in the finals every year in the leagues with our mates. Makes you wonder why we spend months analysing s**t.

http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/team/other_teams?tid=95984

1971 Bartel & Bonts the ranking destroyers with 5 and 0. :( + 6 of my other "premo's" scoring 70's. :rolleyes: Lost all my cash leagues & plummeted 14k spots down the rankings to 31k overall. Worst ranking after 3 rounds EVER. :rainbow:
I rose to 54k and am ecstatic. Everything is relative ;)

She calls herself "Wifeys Warriors". It used to be "Girlfriends Grizzlies" but we got married :)

She knows SFA about footy. Grabs the rookies from Jock's cheat sheet a week out from the season and picks the players she liked from the year before or has heard about in the news. Guns and Rookies every year. Never tries to pick the speculatives, just nice an consistent. Finishes in the finals every year in the leagues with our mates. Makes you wonder why we spend months analysing s**t.

http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/team/other_teams?tid=95984

Sounds like she and MrsG play the same way. Always starts with guns and rookies. Usually the most expensive premo's and I fill her in on which rookies to start with. Consistently finished in the top 5k.

I think that we put way too much thought into it and often end up stuffing up our structures by trying to be a bit too clever/cute with some of our picks. It's little wonder that MrsG finishes higher than me every single year by keeping it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back