Preview Round 3: Fremantle Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

the lions should be competitive in this match with merrett back to fullback and browny back kicking goals
hopefully the midfield win 50% clearances, we may have a chance
lions by 9

GO BOYS!!

I am very happy with those inclusions. Browny and Drummond are obviously massive ins, we all know that. Raines is a bigger in then a lot of people are giving him credit for in my opinion. He is a really good tagger and we will need him against a strong midfield like Freo! He is also a good tackler and a good stoppage player. Rainesy would have been a massive help against the Blues. Harwood is the straight swap for Blacky and hopefully he plays well and cements his spot in the side. Billy Longer! I am so excited to see this kid play. It is only Round 3 and that is very early for a young Ruckman to be playing in their first season but he has earn't his spot and lets hope he can win a few hit outs and maybe even sneak in a goal or two:)

Lions by 2 or 3 goals for me.

Brown and Drummo back. Billy making his debut.

PgvJj.gif

I get the impression you're excited about something Ian;)

I like most (all?) am not sure what our form is really like - especially after the scum did the filth last night - but I always believe we will win despite pesky facts to the contrary. Lions by 25:thumbsu:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Fremantle and Brisbane have traded barbs over how useful Mark Harvey will be to the Lions, but the man himself has remained silent on his return to Perth because of a legal threat from the Dockers.

Harvey has been gagged by Fremantle from talking about the club and his controversial axing at the end of last year, leaving the talk of his return to Patersons Stadium to others.

Harvey received a full payout that included strict confidentiality clauses when he was sacked by the Dockers and already has been warned after comments made at a lunch.​
WTF?

If this is true (and I wonder about the Hamilton tagline) then Freo really are the saddest club in all the land.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

WTF?

If this is true (and I wonder about the Hamilton tagline) then Freo really are the saddest club in all the land.

To me, its a demonstration that footy has gone from a sport to a business. Gag clauses are very common in the business world when a CEO is given a golden handshake and sent on his way. I guess that's what you get when you have businessmen running footy clubs these days.

Just to clarify it's a gag on what happened at the end with Fremantle, it's not a gag on giving the Lions inside info with regard to game plans, etc.

It's hardly a big deal.

Just to clarify it's a gag on what happened at the end with Fremantle, it's not a gag on giving the Lions inside info with regard to game plans, etc.

It's hardly a big deal.

Agreed jackess, it's stinks of another Hammo 'nothing' story. Searching for a story that isn't there, I'm afraid. I'm just glad another team is copping it for once.

the lions should be competitive in this match with merrett back to fullback and browny back kicking goals
hopefully the midfield win 50% clearances, we may have a chance
lions by 9

GO BOYS!!
Did you get on Browny for first goal harvester ? ;) :D

Hi all, really enjoyed reading through this thread (aside from all the weird betting talk). Much better posts than on our board.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Sandi's hit outs aren't that big a deal, we have always struggled to capitalise on them and get the clearance. Where he is good is when lurking at 50 for the kick-ins. Potentially also good when resting forward, but so far only in theory.

Speaking of, don't underestimate Zach Clarke. Becoming the player we all hoped this year, can mark and run.

There were some comments about Brisbane not being able to run out the game. and Freo finishing with a big lead (if we win). I wouldn't worry about this. Freo have a terminal problem with putting teams away. I'm generally more nervous if we are 4 goals up, rather than 2 goals down, at 3/4 time.

Our forward line has serious problems. Pav is a bit up and down, the rest of the talls are a train wreck. Keplar, Mayne etc are not much chop.

Harvey's inside knowledge might not be that useful. One of the reasons he got the boot was the odd way he used players (witness Michael Johnson's revival this year).

Broughton, one of our better players last year is way down this year.

Mundy is an unknown at this stage.

Fyfe will do well. Tags don't seem to hinder him that much. Cp: Hill who has a rabbit in headlights thing going on.

Luke McPharlin v J Brown will be great to watch. Zac Dawson v J Brown will be a great way for J to get back into the AFL by kicking 6 goals. We are all mystified as to why Silvagni can't get a game at the moment.

Barlow could really tear it up in the middle today, especially sans Black.

Just my thoughts.
Cheers and good luck today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and similar to Brisbane v Melbourne/Carlton, we played very well against Geelong, but for most of our game against Sydney, we were a complete joke.

So, I think it will be closer than the punters seem to say. Having said that, I tipped Carlton by 4 last night.

Hi all, really enjoyed reading through this thread (aside from all the weird betting talk). Much better posts than on our board.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Sandi's hit outs aren't that big a deal, we have always struggled to capitalise on them and get the clearance. Where he is good is when lurking at 50 for the kick-ins. Potentially also good when resting forward, but so far only in theory.

Speaking of, don't underestimate Zach Clarke. Becoming the player we all hoped this year, can mark and run.

There were some comments about Brisbane not being able to run out the game. and Freo finishing with a big lead (if we win). I wouldn't worry about this. Freo have a terminal problem with putting teams away. I'm generally more nervous if we are 4 goals up, rather than 2 goals down, at 3/4 time.

Our forward line has serious problems. Pav is a bit up and down, the rest of the talls are a train wreck. Keplar, Mayne etc are not much chop.

Harvey's inside knowledge might not be that useful. One of the reasons he got the boot was the odd way he used players (witness Michael Johnson's revival this year).

Broughton, one of our better players last year is way down this year.

Mundy is an unknown at this stage.

Fyfe will do well. Tags don't seem to hinder him that much. Cp: Hill who has a rabbit in headlights thing going on.

Luke McPharlin v J Brown will be great to watch. Zac Dawson v J Brown will be a great way for J to get back into the AFL by kicking 6 goals. We are all mystified as to why Silvagni can't get a game at the moment.

Just my thoughts.
Cheers and good luck today.

I like your confidence... :cool:

Polec is the sub.

Interesting. Let's hope he can have an impact late in the game with his run, carry and long left kicks inside 50 like he showed in the NAB Cup. With everyone a bit tired when he gets on then he should be able to have some impact hopefully.

Mrs. Brown has just tweeted the most adorable photo of Brownie Jr. Has the same steely look as her daddy!

Hope he goes well and stays injury-free!

Just coming on to say the same thing.
Cant remember being so nervous before a game for ages.
Just want Browny to be safe.
Might do a Kezz and go for a walk.

Make it fun and check out how far you've gone on Google Maps and compare to the distances the players have travelled over the course of the game. You'd be surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back