Review Round 3: Sydney Swans vs GWS - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the GWS vs GCS argument is fair, looks like GWS have made more progress than GCS, whereas GCS go to s**t if Ablett is missing. Just seems like the club has been better coached for their first 3 years and the administration has focused on establishing a strong football brand.

Suns have had some bad "luck"
Hunt didnt bugger off like folau
Bock well that didnt work ditto brown , ablett aside they bombed with players from other clubs, brennan etc. Giants gradually added some and those they have went ok even scully and palmer. Chad cornes was ok even.

Injuries ablett of course, then martin, now omeara

I think the GWS vs GCS argument is fair, looks like GWS have made more progress than GCS, whereas GCS go to s**t if Ablett is missing. Just seems like the club has been better coached for their first 3 years and the administration has focused on establishing a strong football brand.
I think the GWS have had far more success recruiting midfielders, Shiel, Trealor, Scully, Ward, Griffin, Whitfield, Coniglio, Green and Kelly where as GC have not really had much luck recruiting good mids, Ablett, Prestia, Bennell, O"Meara, Riscatellie and Martin are really the only midfielders of note hence no depth. At the end of the day midfield depth is crucial in todays footy and GC dont really have it.

Swallow as pick 1 in that draft too, that wasnt the strongest year. I mean who could they of taken heppell i guess but swallow and bennell are not bad, but you would probably want a bit more by now
Bennell mostly used as a high half forward which I think needs to change if they are to progress as a team, he has pace and great skills which the Suns really need in the mids at the moment.
Swallow is a good player but doesnt tear games apart.

Bennell mostly used as a high half forward which I think needs to change if they are to progress as a team, he has pace and great skills which the Suns really need in the mids at the moment.
Swallow is a good player but doesnt tear games apart.

Yeah agree, both good solid picks, but gws seemed to get picks in stronger drafts

Finally, on to an actual AFL team next week.

Suns have had some bad "luck"
Hunt didnt bugger off like folau
Bock well that didnt work ditto brown , ablett aside they bombed with players from other clubs, brennan etc. Giants gradually added some and those they have went ok even scully and palmer. Chad cornes was ok even.

Injuries ablett of course, then martin, now omeara

The same discussion is on TMB but some good points you've raised were echoed there. GWS focused on getting the best young talent they could and getting as much game time as they could. GCS basically got the cast-aways that none of the clubs wanted or needed. Which club in their right mind would pick up Brennan or Brown? As talented as Brennan is, he's a liability, and Brown is Brown, always suspended for a quarter of the season.

The last two seasons sum the respective teams up. GCS has struggled to bring in any senior talent, whereas GWS cast loose the young talent they didn't want or need and traded for good senior players.

The same discussion is on TMB but some good points you've raised were echoed there. GWS focused on getting the best young talent they could and getting as much game time as they could. GCS basically got the cast-aways that none of the clubs wanted or needed. Which club in their right mind would pick up Brennan or Brown? As talented as Brennan is, he's a liability, and Brown is Brown, always suspended for a quarter of the season.

The last two seasons sum the respective teams up. GCS has struggled to bring in any senior talent, whereas GWS cast loose the young talent they didn't want or need and traded for good senior players.

Lets face it suns said ok who is the best player, then got him and thought what now. :p

But their draft year with all the picks was not as good

Time will tell though people change week to week on who is ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody Heeney is meant to wait til round 20 v Collingwood to get a rising star nom so we can stick it up eddie's fat chin but looks like someone forgot to pass Ike the memo.

What a player... Does he even play NEAFL anymore??
Why are you sticking it into Lamb. He would be in the same position at the Swans, probably worse, except he's on three times the money.

not sure, but got a 1 point infraction, from a WC mod. RW said nothing to worry about, but still..
Their supporter base is so forced and very touchy, they think we are self entitled flogs (I believe the phrase was). losers, I hope they enjoyed tonight.

Why are you sticking it into Lamb. He would be in the same position at the Swans, probably worse, except he's on three times the money.

Just roasting him

Guys - sorry to be the party pooper (actually, I love to :D ) - but please keep issues relating to moderator decisions off the boards. Thanks.

So how do you guys feel about the recent moderator decisions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back