Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Luke McDonald a must get?

Already have Webster, georgiou, Laidler, Langford in my defence with Langdon in mids.

If I was to get L-Mac it would be at the expense of Webster?
Find a way to go Laidler -> McD

Possibly, however look at the opponents of each so far, Lobbe: Warnock/Kreuzer, Jacobs vs Mumford: Pyke, Hickey. Not saying that Lobbe will end up the same however given the relative strengths of their direct opponents so far and Mumford's history of missing games, I dont think imo itll be a huge margin between them that warrants trading.

That's alright if you're judging on purely ruckwork, but IMO Mummy offers much more around the ground which is where his scoring excels. I take your point about Mummy's injury concerns though.

Also, Mummy's scoring has been affected in the past by having to share some of the load with Pyke, whereas now, hes the main man.

It is all personal opinions though, and whether you think Mumford can take it to the next level. You miss out on him now, and you might have to dosh out significant cash to bring him in later on.

Lobbe hasn't really impressed so far, despite his ton in the last game.

If I was carrying a mcevoy or some other injured ruckman he would be the logical trade, however taking out Lobbe's first half in round 1, he's hardly an underperformer.

I like Lobbe.

I actually did similar sideways on Pyke > Mumford.

Taking a risk here. But if Mumford does play out the year (in his current rich vein of form) those with Mumford will be way in front.

The good thing about a high performing ruck. They don't get tagged. :)

It seems that the majority of rucks take a few weeks off every year anyway.

Fingers crossed this is Mummy's year. I missed out on Minson last year, so here's hoping I have jumped on the right horse early.

Even if sub?
Don't think he'll be the sub, but if that worried put Taylor on the bench for your F7 or F8. Taylor as the sub still a better inclusion than Ambrose IMO, unless you're planning to trade him out in two weeks time.

I have enough $ to do 1 of the trades below

JKH > XEllis (move Taylor to fwds)
or
Daisy > Wines (unfortunately I can't do Daisy>Swallow with a single trade)

Which do you think is the better trade or would I be better off not trading at all this week?

First one, easily. Rookie correction - and a great one at that (that selection has no risk). Hold Daisy, I'm doing the same - I think he'll be a serviceable selection from here on (having said that, watch it blow up in my face).

Daisy is a big stage player, or he had being in the past. I think we'll see something impressive from him on Sunday under the big lights.

my fwd bench Rohan (who was just named as the sub for Swans vs Crows) and JKH (Mr Green Vest)
may be forced to bring in Taylor or Ambrose
sigh....

Nek Minnit Taylor is the Sub :D

Nek Minnit Taylor is the Sub :D
yeah Taylor will probably be the sub :(
will maybe wait for Sunday and see if JKH is the sub, then I'll consider Ambrose :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am far too indecisive for supercoach.

To bring in Mummy or not..

For Ryder yeh I think it's probably the most conclusive option at this point, none of the other ruckmen have really shown anything close to the form he has so far (albeit against inferior opposition). Don't be surprised if he misses games though.

For Ryder yeh I think it's probably the most conclusive option at this point, none of the other ruckmen have really shown anything close to the form he has so far (albeit against inferior opposition). Don't be surprised if he misses games though.
Yeah for Ryder. My concern with Mummy is missing games but I do have Currie as a reserve. The only other trade I have considered is bringing in Wines for Higgins or Caddy. Might be best to save my 140K and then upgrade either of those two in a couple of weeks to a premo fwd.

Other option is down to Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back