Captains Round 3 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have Swannie as VC? One of my mates did the campaigner

Swanny as VC currently... Keep him or punt on Fyfe (derby) or Buddy (GWS)??
You'd be mad not to bank Swan's 150. Even if Fyfe gets 170 you're only down 20 points. Fyfe goes down with a shoulder injury in the firsthalf on 50 points, and you're down 100. It's a no-brainer. GWS are good and getting better, doubt Bud will get over 150.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm aiming for League wins, and in my main league my opponent has Beams as captain. I have Beams as well, and although I'm pretty sure I've got them covered for points, is it worth putting the C on Beams just to negate his score?

Edit: realistically Dusty Goldy Gray Bont (if he plays) are my only other options

What's that magic number where you say "yep, I'll bank it" from your VC?

Personally I'll say 125. If I had a super-premo averaging above 125 I might want to roll the dice, but 9 times out of 10 I'll happily bank 125.

What about you?

Suppose it depends who the loophole options are! I'm not happy with Pendles 107 for my captaincy score, and not being on the Fyfe bandwagon it's a guessing game who will score more. For a figure I'd say 120-125 and I'd lock them in

120 but it really depends on who my C is on and which team and where he is playing.

Also, this question could have been asked and has been asked and answered numerous times on the Capt/VC thread(s). ;)

What's that magic number where you say "yep, I'll bank it" from your VC?

Personally I'll say 125. If I had a super-premo averaging above 125 I might want to roll the dice, but 9 times out of 10 I'll happily bank 125.

What about you?
Mine is about the same, 120-125. Especially now that GAJ is out. Sometimes with him you'd let that go

Watson VC
O'Brien C

I have a quarter or so to see how Watson is going - if he's off to a flyer and on 40-50 at 1/4 time, and the Bombers are up, I'll probably stick with him. I have no other non-playing options though other than O'Brien.

If there's nothing special about his start to the game, then I'll go Fyfe C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back