Preview Round 3 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
White is shite. He fails time and time again at senior level, just doesn't find enough of the ball and butchers it to much when he does. We are struggling if he gets a re-call, majority of supporters were asking for him to be delisted at the end of last year.

A Maric has A grade foot skills, unfortunately he does have a few problems (doesn't tackle, soft) Its easier to teach someone to tackle then it is to kick though... So there is still hope.

Is he going to improve our defensive pressure or midfield clearances . NO !
You're crystal-balling. Let me give it a shot.

Is he going to improve our disposal going inside fifty and create scoring opportunities while having the chance to kick a few himself? YES! (maybe)

This change was a no-brainer.

Oh, and while White may improve our forward line pressure, there is no way in hell he would make any more of an impact in midfield clearances than Maric. I'd be worried to see either of them line up in the centre square.

Ill take Pettard out and Davey in.

Pettard goes pretty well against us and Davey looks completely shot.

It seems Jackson will never be dropped. When will this bloody club learn? Webbers tearing up the VFL, Jackson and Edwards stinking it up in the 1's... both for well over a season and still no change.

Dees have more balls than us it seems, dropping Green.

You're crystal-balling. Let me give it a shot.

Is he going to improve our disposal going inside fifty and create scoring opportunities while having the chance to kick a few himself? YES! (maybe)

This change was a no-brainer.

Oh, and while White may improve our forward line pressure, there is no way in hell he would make any more impact in midfield clearances than Maric.

Not crystall balling at all , actually using exposed form .
I don't share anything like your opinion that A.Maric is as capable as White in clearances.

I don't share anything like your opinion that A.Maric is as capable as White in clearances.
I stated they'd probably be as useless as each other in the centre square. It's not really relevant because it's not either of their roles in the side.

You want White in the team to replace King as a defensive forward? Or to start in the centre at the first bounce?

At least if Maric has possession on the wing/half-forward, he will more often than not use the football effectively inside fifty and create a scoring opportunity, something that White has failed to do consistently "using exposed form".

White might get clearances but then has a tendency to butcher it when he gets it. Have you watched his Coburg games. Half his disposals are great but the other half he couldn't hit the side of a barn. Everyone is calling for Jacksons and edwards head for that exact reason. Don't get me wrong I like White and I would see him as an upgrade on Jackson at the moment but between him and Maric I think there was an obvious choice.

I stated they'd probably be as useless as each other in the centre square. It's not really relevant because it's not either of their roles in the side.

You want White in the team to replace King as a defensive forward? Or to start in the centre at the first bounce?

At least if Maric has possession on the wing/half-forward, he will more often than not use the football effectively inside fifty and create a scoring opportunity, something that White has failed to do consistently "using exposed form".

I believe our two biggest areas of concerns have been defensive forward pressure and inside mid rotations( whether it be tagging/breaking even) , something White has done effectively in the past at AFL level .
Maric's inclusion at the loss of King does absolutely nothing to improve any of these issues !

Okay i've just seen the in's for both Tiggy's and Dee's. Maric for King - no brainer. Dee's bring in 4, including Davey and Cale Morton. I swear to Christ, if we don't smash these guys on Saturday, Mod's you may as well give me a courtesy red from 6pm Saturday night to 6pm Monday night. 10 goals. Minimum. No more ****ing bullshit. Let's old school these Dee's.

Okay i've just seen the in's for both Tiggy's and Dee's. Maric for King - no brainer. Dee's bring in 4, including Davey and Cale Morton. I swear to Christ, if we don't smash these guys on Saturday, Mod's you may as well give me a courtesy red from 6pm Saturday night to 6pm Monday night. 10 goals. Minimum. No more ****ing bullshit. Let's old school these Dee's.

Worry is Hackson is still there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have brought White in for Jackson. White's still not ideal, but he can play the defensive forward role Jackson is doing and whilst he's not silky skilled, he's never ****ed up as bad as Jackson.

oh deary me and we have the temerity to call melbourne a rabble atm.

i know some have gone crook about me going on about gifting games but ffs dont anyone tell me we arent gifting games to underperformaers. dont anyone dare tell me players must perform at the lower level first to get a game because i will abuse the crap out of you and show you just how freakin stupid you are.

they are clearly hoping the hacks can have a decent game against mediocre opposition to take some pressure of them.

dont care what people think but arnott one of elton or derickx a maric and webberley should all be playing this week.

if this nonsense continues for much longer this yr im gunna start in on hardwick.

I just seen the lineups and had a good laugh at melbournes pathetic looking side,fair dinkum we wont even hav to play well to give this mob a belting.

oh deary me and we have the temerity to call melbourne a rabble atm.

i know some have gone crook about me going on about gifting games but ffs dont anyone tell me we arent gifting games to underperformaers. dont anyone dare tell me players must perform at the lower level first to get a game because i will abuse the crap out of you and show you just how freakin stupid you are.

they are clearly hoping the hacks can have a decent game against mediocre opposition to take some pressure of them.

dont care what people think but arnott one of elton or derickx a maric and webberley should all be playing this week.

if this nonsense continues for much longer this yr im gunna start in on hardwick.

This :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

FOR the last time, both got the fresh start they deserved and needed. Six and seven years to make an impact is plenty ..... and neither is a star now. Port has been a far worse side than us during their time with the Power!

Yet, I think the ledger stands at 2-1 Port's way in that timeframe :eek:

Is he going to improve our defensive pressure or midfield clearances . NO !

Looked to me like Maric was very good at Coburg last week with regards to midfield clearances, even more so than White.

In the past, I recall most of the time White took a centre bounce and gained possession, he was generally caught with the ball and penalised, or just coughed it up.

You guys all seem to be disregarding what I said before. Aren't you all just a little bit worried that their forward line is way too tall for us. Our tallest defender is Rance 194cm, their FF Clark, 200cm. Next Grimes 193cm will probably take S. Martin who stands at 198cm. Finally, they have Watts, 196cm, are we going to play on him? Batchelor, 188cm?

I think we are seriously lacking height at the moment.

Yet, I think the ledger stands at 2-1 Port's way in that timeframe :eek:

Looked to me like Maric was very good at Coburg last week with regards to midfield clearances, even more so than White.

In the past, I recall most of the time White took a centre bounce and gained possession, he was generally caught with the ball and penalised, or just coughed it up.

Gus has been good at Coburg to .;)

Gus has been good at Coburg to .;)

Well, yes exactly. Isn't that your main premise for promoting White? The idea of him being effective around clearances can only be based on Coburg form, seeing what he has shown in the 1s in that area is pretty damning.

sheesh you have some faith brother if you think white is a good clearance player.

only thing about him i agree on is hes been named in the best at coburg but what does that mean.

heres a bloke who almost literally at afl cant find the ball and when he does the majority of possesions are poorly used. when asked to tag hes given jobs on kids or the 5th stringer.

his exposed coburg form is okay his exposed afl form is a disgrace.

unfortunately because of poor list management our options when it comes to sml or med forwards are limited. but i play maric anyday in front of nahas white king or edwards despite his obvious defensive limitations atm.

if we are going to play blokes on exposed coburg form id say maric white arnott and webberley should all be eligble for consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back