Preview Round 3 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has suprised me reading through this thread is how low alot of tiger fans rate our side ffs we r playing one of the leaques easybeats if we carnt b confident about this game we really must believe we r crap.

What has suprised me reading through this thread is how low alot of tiger fans rate our side ffs we r playing one of the leaques easybeats if we carnt b confident about this game we really must believe we r crap.

Lets just say I am glad and so are the brains trust that we didnt have to front up to WC over there is R2. What you seem to choose to ignore is that both the teams we played in R1 nd 2 were undermanned in terms of full strength line ups. The WC had jsut about its A line up in against them last week and then you add home ground and we would be odds on to be given a cheek spreading as well..;)

Lets just say I am glad and so are the brains trust that we didnt have to front up to WC over there is R2. What you seem to choose to ignore is that both the teams we played in R1 nd 2 were undermanned in terms of full strength line ups. The WC had jsut about its A line up in against them last week and then you add home ground and we would be odds on to be given a cheek spreading as well..;)

I hope the Dee's have packed the astro glide and baby wipes. That's how much we are going to win by. ;););)

Bizarre logic. How can having 5 defenders over 190cm be a liability for our small forwards? If anything, as soon as the ball hits the ground it will be them who are the liability.

I am more worried about our height (or lack of) at the other end of the ground.

They have:
Dunn (192cm)
Bate (192cm)
Clarke (200cm)
Martin (198cm)
Howe (190cm)
Watts (196cm)
Jamar (198cm)

By comparison we have Rance (194cm), Grimes (193cm) and Batchelor (188cm)

From what I get out of all of this is that if we are in the game at half time we should be able to out run them in the second half. 12 of their 22 players are over 190cm - more than half the side. Of those 12 only really Watts, Dunn and Bate can go into the midfield rotations.

In reality if we can quell their tall forwards guys who can run all day like Conca, Newman, Nahas, Cotchin, Foley, Deledio and (Jackson & Edwards :eek: ) should have a field day.
If smalls don't have the room to run , do you reckon their running ability is going to have an impact ?
Melbourne will bank on winning clearances and banging it upon the boot high into their forward line . They will then attempt to force us to play around the boundary to allow time for them to set up their zone and get numbers into our forward line, reducing the one on one contest and room for our smalls to use their pace . They have a distinct advantage in both height and roar midfield grunt , we on the other hand have more speed and class . It will be a real arm wrestle , we have tended to play with slower ball movement which will be exactly what Melbourne will won't . Despite being belted last week when they where able to force West Coast wide and into slow transition they weren't to bad , and when NicNat and Cox weren't dropping it down their teammates throats , Melbourne were good at clearances .
We don't have a Cox nor NicNat .
The game style we play , our attack at clearances and ability to pressure them when trying to get out of our forward 50 will decide the game . Im not convinced on this game however wouldn't surprise me if we have an easy win .

For too long we've been the club that other clubs climb over when they're down. We've been the club that a statement has been made against. We're the club that plods around the bottom, watching other teams rotate from premiership material to wooden spoon certainties. Now it's time for us to climb over someone, it's time for the Richmond Football Club to dig their heels into a fallen club, and it's time for us to trounce above them all. We need to make a statement. We better damn well demolish Melbourne, let's send them to hell, it's where they belong right?

I hope the Dee's have packed the astro glide and baby wipes. That's how much we are going to win by. ;););)

off to put a few bucks on Neeld being first coach sacked this year, then Neeld having the shortest ever coaching career as well.
Because if we spread their cheeks, then I convinced the players are sending a message..enter?? yep Craig David.;)

If smalls don't have the room to run , do you reckon their running ability is going to have an impact ?
Melbourne will bank on winning clearances and banging it upon the boot high into their forward line . They will then attempt to force us to play around the boundary to allow time for them to set up their zone and get numbers into our forward line, reducing the one on one contest and room for our smalls to use their pace . They have a distinct advantage in both height and roar midfield grunt , we on the other hand have more speed and class . It will be a real arm wrestle , we have tended to play with slower ball movement which will be exactly what Melbourne will won't . Despite being belted last week when they where able to force West Coast wide and into slow transition they weren't to bad , and when NicNat and Cox weren't dropping it down their teammates throats , Melbourne were good at clearances .
We don't have a Cox nor NicNat .
The game style we play , our attack at clearances and ability to pressure them when trying to get out of our forward 50 will decide the game . Im not convinced on this game however wouldn't surprise me if we have an easy win .

What is this inside midfield grunt they have?

They have Jones and that's it. Magner is going to play his 3rd game and Trengove is good but no better then anyone we have. They are going to have guys like Morton, Bate, Dunn, Bail and Grimes through the middle (and that's about it)- hardly strikes fear into me

Martin, Tuck, Cotchin, Foley, Jackson >>> Jones, Trengove, McKenzie, Tapscott

There is absolutely no reason we should lose this game with the team we have fielded against their team.

We are $1.20/ Melbourne paying $4.60
And the line is Melbourne +26.5 @ $1.90
Worries me that we are such short odds no matter how confident I am.

Dear Melbourne; Foot In Throat, From Richmond.

Melbourne supporters have enjoyed being arrogant against us.

I still remember the day like yesterday.

Our boys tried their absolute best (that's how bad we were) to beat Melbourne. Whilst Melbourne were chucking their ruckman in the back pocket against Nathan Brown. Their coaches trying everything in their power to mismatch their team so Richmond can win. We barely got over the line, and we celebrated. But the strange thing was this...on that day at the MCG, Melbourne supporters celebrated with us. They began singing the song with us, and mocked our existence. They felt Richmond were such a joke, that even our best was still a fail.

Couple of months later they drafted Tom Scully & Jack Trengove. For some time it was shoved down my damn throat how good Melbourne were, and how much Richmond have failed. It only got worse after round four last season, Melbourne beat us by 18 points that day, Melbourne and North Melbourne were so far ahead of Richmond (apparently) that it wasn't funny.

When we won by 7 points last season, it was a lucky win again, Martin being the only thing good about our club, everyone else was either a Melbourne reject, or an underperformed player...or a simple dud.

Now it's round 3 2012, Melbourne is on life support and Richmond matched it with Carlton & Collingwood for over 90% of both matches combined.

I believe in karma, and if there is any justice in this world, if there is any justice in sticking the middle finger up at arrogance, dodgy-ness, tanking - that time is now.

Cotchin to crush their spuds, Martin to don't argue their duds, Deledio to run rings around their Casey kids, and Miller to boot 5.

Let's **** these bitches up! This thread could backfire, but when it doesn't...use it as the thread to remind yourselves that Richmond will get to where they wanna go this time, because we're doing things the right way. Let's have some fun.

Tigers by 44.

off to put a few bucks on Neeld being first coach sacked this year, then Neeld having the shortest ever coaching career as well.
Because if we spread their cheeks, then I convinced the players are sending a message..enter?? yep Craig David.;)

I think the Shemons will stick fat with him this year, and TBH i reckon the Dees could be gnarley in the first quarter, but i expect us to get right on top of them. I reckon we will kick straighter for starters.

what is this inside midfield grunt they have?

They have jones and that's it. Magner is going to play his 3rd game and trengove is good but no better then anyone we have. They are going to have guys like morton, bate, dunn, bail and grimes through the middle (and that's about it)- hardly strikes fear into me

martin, tuck, cotchin, foley, jackson >>> jones, trengove, mckenzie, tapscott

there is absolutely no reason we should lose this game with the team we have fielded against their team.

lmao...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting on Melbourne at $4. That way I can't lose if we lose. Did the same vs. GC last year. It just helps take the edge of it all.

Not a good enough excuse.

I never bet against Richmond.

The Biggest game of our lives at this point in time and you betting for the Dees to win.

Shame,shame,shame.:D
No wonder we got a pisspoor crowd last week.

What is this inside midfield grunt they have?

They have Jones and that's it. Magner is going to play his 3rd game and Trengove is good but no better then anyone we have. They are going to have guys like Morton, Bate, Dunn, Bail and Grimes through the middle (and that's about it)- hardly strikes fear into me

Martin, Tuck, Cotchin, Foley, Jackson >>> Jones, Trengove, McKenzie, Tapscott

There is absolutely no reason we should lose this game with the team we have fielded against their team.

Sorry forgot that Tuck , Martin and Jackson have been in such great form within clearances and the advantage Nahas , edwards and Maric will gives us in clearances over Morton, Bate, Dunn, Bail and Grimes .

Re: Dear Melbourne; Foot In Throat, From Richmond.

Melbourne supporters have enjoyed being arrogant against us.

I still remember the day like yesterday.

Our boys tried their absolute best (that's how bad we were) to beat Melbourne. Whilst Melbourne were chucking their ruckman in the back pocket against Nathan Brown. Their coaches trying everything in their power to mismatch their team so Richmond can win. We barely got over the line, and we celebrated. But the strange thing was this...on that day at the MCG, Melbourne supporters celebrated with us. They began singing the song with us, and mocked our existence. They felt Richmond were such a joke, that even our best was still a fail.

Couple of months later they drafted Tom Scully & Jack Trengove. For some time it was shoved down my damn throat how good Melbourne were, and how much Richmond have failed. It only got worse after round four last season, Melbourne beat us by 18 points that day, Melbourne and North Melbourne were so far ahead of Richmond (apparently) that it wasn't funny.

When we won by 7 points last season, it was a lucky win again, Martin being the only thing good about our club, everyone else was either a Melbourne reject, or an underperformed player...or a simple dud.

Now it's round 3 2012, Melbourne is on life support and Richmond matched it with Carlton & Collingwood for over 90% of both matches combined.

I believe in karma, and if there is any justice in this world, if there is any justice in sticking the middle finger up at arrogance, dodgy-ness, tanking - that time is now.

Cotchin to crush their spuds, Martin to don't argue their duds, Deledio to run rings around their Casey kids, and Miller to boot 5.

Let's **** these bitches up! This thread could backfire, but when it doesn't...use it as the thread to remind yourselves that Richmond will get to where they wanna go this time, because we're doing things the right way. Let's have some fun.

Tigers by 44.

:thumbsu: Well said! Go Tiges

If Dustin , either brakes the tackle of Trengrove, or don't argues him and goals , I will be so excited.

God I hate Melbourne.

And I also hate that I have about 6 friends who go for Melbourne and only 1 who goes for Richmond.

I want to smash them tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back