Preview Round 3 vs Sydney @ AAMI Stadium

Discussion in 'Port Adelaide - Est. 1870' started by Macca19, Apr 11, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. kaysee

kaysee Rising From The Ashes

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Port Adelaide
    A few supporters seem worried about the Redden v Mumford matchup, but I don't mind it TBH... am rather optomisitc.

Red has a 6cm height advantage (if Footywire stats can be trusted) and he isn't a beanpole, so I think he'll hold up well without getting pushed out of the way. Red (like other bulky rucks) struggle against the athletic rucks in Ryder and NicNat, but has held his own against other bulking rucks in the pre-season and early rounds.

Around the ground I think they would rather similar, but it is a bit hard to tell with Redden only playing 2 recorded games (one where he struggled against Ryder)... but they both average about 11 disposals and 2.5 marks per game. Mumford averages 5 more hitouts per game (but take into account Red's game v Ryder last week) and a few more tackles per game.

Still I think Red's height advantage will come to the fore... as it did against McEvoy in game 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Team Captain

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    It would be amazing if we had a Renouf or Lobbe to help him out though. I think he'll battle well, we're lucky that Mumford isn't 100% fit and that they will probably both tire late. Huge game needed from D Stew, both up forward and pinch hitting in the ruck
  3. Danair

Danair Team Captain

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Hey guys, before the 09 draft there was all this talk about Andrew Moore being a similar type player to Ryan O'Keefe and I was hoping he might drop to our pick 14 (beginning to come around to Jetta now though), what has happened to him?
  4. PhoenixPower

PhoenixPower All Australian

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals
    has had a bad run with injuries, but signed a new contract at the end of last year and really needs to be doing more in the SANFL. He has the perfect size to play in the midfield, but honestly, hasnt shown enough to give us a great deal of hope that he will be anything special

just my opinion. Met him a few times, ripper bloke - really hope he can step up
  5. YoungsterPA

YoungsterPA Senior List

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    He went to north Adelaide and yeah nobody does well there :(
  6. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane Moderator

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Port Adelaide Magpies