News Round 4, 2015: Footy Jumper Discussion (ANZAC Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Hawthorn away jumper (and all jumper clashes in general):
If people are going to argue about it, then they shouldn't be wearing it. Simple.

Why? It doesn't exactly create a clash

1. Hawthorns main kit/guernsey has little similarity to Port's and can be worn in this match.

2. Hawthorns 'adidas' guernsey has more similarity to Port's, particularly from the back.

It's not a hard concept here. If the away club's main kit/guernsey has little similarity to the home club's, it must be worn in all these matches rather than adopting a 'sponsorship' one that actually has more similarity to the home club.

But in the absence of any policy being made public by the AFL apart from ad hoc statements from Patrick Keane, it's not surprise that there's little consistency.

Carlton ANZAC jumper:

368645.jpg

No back sponsor on the Saints jumper today – it looks great!
Looks so good, especially with the design element running around the back, if only this were applicable to more clubs on a permanent basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawthorns main kit/guernsey has little similarity to Port's and can be worn in this match.

2. Hawthorns 'adidas' guernsey has more similarity to Port's, particularly from the back.

It's not a hard concept here. If the away club's main kit/guernsey has little similarity to the home club's, it must be worn in all these matches rather than adopting a 'sponsorship' one that actually has more similarity to the home club.

But in the absence of any policy being made public by the AFL apart from ad hoc statements from Patrick Keane, it's not surprise that there's little consistency.
Exactly. I think everyone is pretty frustrated because while there isn't much of a clash with their away strip, using the much easier option of wearing the home guernsey will ALL elements of any possible clash.

It just doesn't make much sense to me. WEAR THE GUERNSEY THAT CREATES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CLASH POSSIBLE.

We're a rabble. Can't even get our socks sorted. Bullshit.

Can't understand why they can't go classic all-white with just the monogram and horizontal stripes on either side of the socks in navy. Even the collar and cuffs should be plain white. It would look class.

The club felt emasculated wearing too much white a few years ago. At least they could still look good while they played badly. Haha. How do they feel now?

No back sponsor on the Saints jumper today – it looks great!
Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I only realised after I read this post?

Nice bibs, Carlton.

Not too many supporters have bought that monstrosity, surely.
Not too many, but there is the odd few who don't pay attention to jumpers in as fine detail as we do.
Can't understand why they can't go classic all-white with just the monogram and horizontal stripes on either side of the socks in navy. Even the collar and cuffs should be plain white. It would look class.

The club felt emasculated wearing too much white a few years ago. At least they could still look good while they played badly. Haha. How do they feel now?
I've posted that design on the Blues board's 2015 Clash jumper thread and I got a fair few likes..

Back of Essendon's jumper is ruined by the position of the sponsors logo. Sitting lower so it's not on the sash, due to its position it's creating fold/crease through it.

Overall, I'm loving Essendons sash. Definitely something that needs to come back. From a distance (on TV), you can't even see that it's made up of poppies
Back of Essendon's jumper is ruined by the position of the sponsors logo. Sitting lower so it's not on the sash, due to its position it's creating fold/crease through it.
Through the sponsor? Honestly, Im not that fussed. For one game in sure Fujitsu can afford to have a little bit less awareness.

Overall, I'm loving Essendons sash. Definitely something that needs to come back. From a distance (on TV), you can't even see that it's made up of poppies

Through the sponsor? Honestly, Im not that fussed. For one game in sure Fujitsu can afford to have a little bit less awareness.

Not fussed by the lack of exposure etc, aesthetically it doesn't look good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back