Review Round 4, 2015: Greater Western Sydney Giants vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positives :- We lost and can blame others than Day & Gorringe for once. Share the love.
Negatives:- Too many players on the list that will never get to the next level. Shaw, Russell, Stanley, Hall x 2, Nicholls, Smith, Cameron, Broughton, Boston.
There's good reason, good teams offered Malceski only 2 years on reduce coin.
Play Leslie, at least he has a crack. Play Lonergan and if he can't get his body right, move him along.
Take out your 2 gun midfielders from a poor list and you'll always struggle I guess.

Negatives:- Too many players on the list that will never get to the next level. Shaw, Russell, Stanley, Hall x 2, Nicholls, Smith, Cameron, Broughton, Boston.
I agree with all of them except Stanley and maybe Shaw. I think the others are average at best, but Stanley is a key player we're really missing at the moment. He's very underrated imo. As for Shaw, I think he's got the talent but is lazy. I think he'd shine under another coach at another club, but he's shown (at times) that he's got the goods. Not ready to give up on him yet.

I honestly don't think our list is poor, they are some of the cream of the AFL Juniors. For some reason they are totally lost. It can be debated as to whether it is

Blueys years of playing favourites
Rockets straight talking approach
Player ill discipline

What ever it is is has to be stamped out and they can be turned around, talk of a rebuild is far too early in my opinion

I honestly don't think our list is poor, they are some of the cream of the AFL Juniors. For some reason they are totally lost. It can be debated as to whether it is

Player ill discipline

What ever it is is has to be stamped out and they can be turned around, talk of a rebuild is far too early in my opinion

Yeah agree , we have a team low on confidence and self belief atm , unsure on gameplans and routes . Our team does'nt lose talent overnight , all we need is to get our more experianced guys back into the team and have a good win to kick of the season.

Player ill discipline

I agree... we know they can play. For instance we know Mckenzie can kick, how many times have we seen him hit a target lace out with a 50m bullet, but he couldn't hit the side a barn this year. They are all f****d in the head, and that can be the hardest thing to cure.

Interesting I cant find Rodney Eades post match video online yet..?
Must of been to furious to speak to the press?
It's there on www.afl.com.au

He was quite calm, very disappointed with the effort of all but a few - Malceski was one in particular, wasn't sure if the drop offs each quarter were a confidence or fitness thing, said there will changes.

Malceski was one in particular, wasn't sure if the drop offs each quarter were a confidence or fitness thing, said there will changes.
I couldn't tell if Rocket was saying Mal had some troubles that he was dealing with externally, or that his troubles were that he's playing like a *******. Either way, he seems pretty disappointed at Malceski's performance, whatever the reason.

I couldn't tell if Rocket was saying Mal had some troubles that he was dealing with externally, or that his troubles were that he's playing like a *******. Either way, he seems pretty disappointed at Malceski's performance, whatever the reason.

I know this is a bit off, but do we excuse him after his wife just gave birth recently? I know it's always a rough patch sleep/focus wise a month prior and month or 2 after with a newborn. I think their 2nd child?

We all want him to be that all australian general down back no doubt. Forced into being a little patient with him. Hopefully starts to come good, now that we have 2 home games in a row and hopefully settles.

I know this is a bit off, but do we excuse him after his wife just gave birth recently? I know it's always a rough patch sleep/focus wise a month prior and month or 2 after with a newborn. I think their 2nd child?

We all want him to be that all australian general down back no doubt. Forced into being a little patient with him. Hopefully starts to come good, now that we have 2 home games in a row and hopefully settles.
Knowing now that Mal has a newborn child, it sounded that Rocket was alluding to issues at home. Perhaps his child is sick, or was premature? "Having a tough time" could mean anything, but it sounded strange the way Rocket said it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player ill discipline

Fair call, good post. I meant poor as in lack of depth, not talent at the top end.
It appears that talent alone saw us progress gradually, but there were/are some glaring issues identified by the club at the end of last year.
Fitness levels were poor and our game plan of one-way running didn't show that up. Rocket has us playing both ways and we just aren't fit enough. Far too many soft tissue injuries for young guys and rehab has been ordinary. Development was stalling.

No need for a rebuild but I'm sort of glad our issues have been identified now and not in 2-3 years time.

No one doubts AKER would make a fantastic coach however he is a human gaffe machine.
Aker is not as bad as our PM but still has a knack of getting himself in the headlines for the wrong reasons.
Aker assistant coach under Eade maybe.

He is on $400,000 to play football, sleep in the other room or get a nanny ;)

He is on $400,000 to play football, sleep in the other room or get a nanny ;)
I thought it was more 600ish. But I agree easy to criticise, they are in a new state, my guess no family support. I'm not too bothered by his performance, he is a champ and has credits in the bank.

I'm more concerned with our "elite" talent that can't hit 20-30m kicks *cough*Kade*cough*

I thought it was more 600ish. But I agree easy to criticise, they are in a new state, my guess no family support. I'm not too bothered by his performance, he is a champ and has credits in the bank.

I'm more concerned with our "elite" talent that can't hit 20-30m kicks *cough*Kade*cough*

Well they are moving, how do you expect them to hit a moving target, it's not like they are professional footballer who do it for a job EVERYDAY..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................umm, yeah well enough said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back