Round 4, 2015 vent thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a quick squizz at the NRL ladder.

Does it piss anyone here off how quick it is to rebuild an RL team?

Titans and Broncos were putrid last year and Titans were spoon tip. Now Broncos are on top and **** are in the 8.

QLD potential fans just don't have the patience for the AFL ingrained youth policy.

Smaller talent pool league wide

How many performances like our game against North Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast today would it take for the club to sack Justin Leppitsch? It is fairly clear that he does not have the necessary tactical or motivational skill required to coach at the elite level. He does not even seem capable of drilling it into the team that telegraphing to the entire universe that you are going to switch play in defence and then kicking a floater to a bloke who is standing flat footed is a BAD IDEA. Very easy to pick off and it is costing us goals EVERY WEEK. Does anyone think this has been addressed at training? If no, why not? If yes, why aren't the players listening.? What does this say about the coach and his ability to establish and enforce team rules?

You were wrong on Merrett - it's possible you'll be wrong again.

It's great to see you've moved your weekly death riding hobby on to a new horse! :thumbsu: Transition can definitely be tough.
I know, but image if we win. It will be a double bonus because we would be happy with the victory AND you get to hang it on me a bit. ;)

You were wrong on Merrett - it's possible you'll be wrong again.
How was I wrong on Merrett? You are being deliberately misleading. I have maintained that he was rubbish at full forward and did not deserve selection in the side if that was to be his playing position. He kicked 12 goals for the entire season last year. Then what happens in 2015? Leppitsch finally sees the light and plays Merrett a FULL BACK. I think that counts as me being right from where I'm sitting. You and others should also go back and have a look at the match thread / Merrett's thread because I was one of the first people to congratulate him on his great game against Collingwood.

I was also right on Sam Sheldon, but it took people in the Cabal a while to catch on. Voss eventually did though, even if he was a few seasons late. Then suddenly everything I had been posting was the "orthodox" line and people could parrot it.

Posting here is sometimes like going to fight for the Republic in the Spanish Civil War. It doesn't pay to be right too early. ;)

If you are going to come on all TheBrownDog Lite you should try to get it right. Why not try mentioning James Hawksley and tell me I got that one wrong? Your post would be stronger. :p

Yep, but im sure as a back he can sneek forward 1-2 times a game to score a goal... midfield they just put a tag on him. Backline we desperately need a out kick
Drummond-esque

2) Sheldon prob has the longest whipping boy run in Lions history

I went early, I had the lash out for all 43 games.

Sam+Sheldon+AFL+Rd+13+Lions+v+Tigers+MQcKPRfCFYLl.jpg

"BALL! ... YES!"

Last edited:
Had a quick squizz at the NRL ladder.

Does it piss anyone here off how quick it is to rebuild an RL team?

Titans and Broncos were putrid last year and Titans were spoon tip. Now Broncos are on top and **** are in the 8.

QLD potential fans just don't have the patience for the AFL ingrained youth policy.
Yep , just thinking about the NRL , the competition wasn't always this close.
I think they had about 20 or so teams in their comp. at one stage .
One in WA and SA and a few more Sydney teams. Axed the expansion teams and amalgamated a few teams together and now have a 16 team comp. Giving a better spread of first graders.

I think the Afl have made the mistake expanding the competition when clearly there isn't enough first grade players.
It is a friggan joke of a competition if you have teams playing literary half a youth squad.
The supporters are the ones expected to go to games and support this competition, code, is it any wonder that they drop off when times are grim.
Lets face facts we would of had the GWS and Gold coast picks instead of those compromised early draft picks.

What other code does this, youth policy, they have got it wrong imo, how can you charge people $50 to watch a non competitive game.
I don't think it matters what code you watch, they all have some appeal when the level is first grade and the game is competitive.

And to the posters who regard Bris supporters as fickle, why would you go to game after game, I am really regretting getting a season ticket this year, we are somehow stupid to expect our team to improve on last year.so how many years do you have to put up with bullshit like blooding kids.

I have to say I wasn't even disappointed today, it was totally expected.
I did have a big night last night which made that game even less attractive, no beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched leppas presser again, he is either taking the piss or seriously deluded. Kinder felt awkward and embarrassed for him clutching at straws about there being positives out of today lol - I am pro leppa, but I am seriously worried about his ability to inspire, because we are so uninspired right now. We will lose to GC by 60 points too, just to make life worse.

Watched leppas presser again, he is either taking the piss or seriously deluded. Kinder felt awkward and embarrassed for him clutching at straws about there being positives out of today lol - I am pro leppa, but I am seriously worried about his ability to inspire, because we are so uninspired right now. We will lose to GC by 60 points too, just to make life worse.

Check out Walsh's press conference. Bit easier though when you get asked better questions and you're not focused on selling the club to the greater masses.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-04-26/full-postmatch-crows

At least Sheldon put some effort in I guess
Actually you are right on that score. He did try, but he was not up to it. Too many of our current players are not up to it AND don't appear to be trying.

Check out Walsh's press conference. Bit easier though when you get asked better questions and you're not focused on selling the club to the greater masses.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-04-26/full-postmatch-crows

Yeah no doubt. He isn't making excuses though. Has leppas refusal to offend Gen-me by calling them out in pressers or at all, led to them losing accountability? Feels like a bit of Walsh's clean, unemotional and pragmatic style would go a long way with our young boys, leppa is just going to role with the excuse factory, it takes time, Robbo made a hand pass there once.. Approach to the grave.

How was I wrong on Merrett? You are being deliberately misleading. I have maintained that he was rubbish at full forward and did not deserve selection in the side if that was to be his playing position. He kicked 12 goals for the entire season last year. Then what happens in 2015? Leppitsch finally sees the light and plays Merrett a FULL BACK. I think that counts as me being right from where I'm sitting. You and others should also go back and have a look at the match thread / Merrett's thread because I was one of the first people to congratulate him on his great game against Collingwood.

I was also right on Sam Sheldon, but it took people in the Cabal a while to catch on. Voss eventually did though, even if he was a few seasons late. Then suddenly everything I had been posting was the "orthodox" line and people could parrot it.

Posting here is sometimes like going to fight for the Republic in the Spanish Civil War. It doesn't pay to be right too early. ;)

If you are going to come on all TheBrownDog Lite you should try to get it right. Why not try mentioning James Hawksley and tell me I got that one wrong? Your post would be stronger. :p

He was at FF because we had no viable options. I don't think anyone would suggest he was there out of his ability to play FF.

He's been back this year because we have had forward options - but now we're down again. I believe he told Alistair Nicholson in an ABC interview today that he thinks he'll be going forward next week, so I look forward to your predictability and repeated slogans at that time. I particulrly look forward to "TheBrownDog Lite" again, because I've only seen it twice - and I know that your copy/paste function works all season long.

It might be time to accept that our list has holes in it.

Whether it's Spain or China you reference, it certainly looks like you've spent a lot of time reading about past events. Congratulations!

Usually get a chance to get around and have a chat before each game - missed out this week

Have to say I was greatly surprised by your lack of midfield dominance. I haven't seen the lions this year and was expecting you guys to win the midfield and perhaps us to win key position and then see where that left us

Mind you (i'm not telling you anything you don't know) - but geez you shot yourselves in the foot and made us look half decent

I can see there is a leppa debate going on - you guys do have some good cattle in the midfield - so it isn't as though he doesn't have anything to work with.

You could understand the ball going in a lot and not scoring with your young KP players.

Lastly - good to see Rich back playing footy and using that sweet left boot

Yeah no doubt. He isn't making excuses though. Has leppas refusal to offend Gen-me by calling them out in pressers or at all, led to them losing accountability? Feels like a bit of Walsh's clean, unemotional and pragmatic style would go a long way with our young boys, leppa is just going to role with the excuse factory, it takes time, Robbo made a hand pass there once.. Approach to the grave.
But but we are family....

He was at FF because we had no viable options. I don't think anyone would suggest he was there out of his ability to play FF.

He's been back this year because we have had forward options - but now we're down again. I believe he told Alistair Nicholson in an ABC interview today that he thinks he'll be going forward next week, so I look forward to your predictability and repeated slogans at that time. I particulrly look forward to "TheBrownDog Lite" again, because I've only seen it twice - and I know that your copy/paste function works all season long.

It might be time to accept that our list has holes in it.

Whether it's Spain or China you reference, it certainly looks like you've spent a lot of time reading about past events. Congratulations!

Don't forget to ask him about James Hawksley!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back