Captains Round 4 Captain/Vice Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beams/Pendles VC, Ablett C.

Gaz loves playing the Hawks.

Murphy's no squib. :cool:

Geez, he gets a lot of attention off the ball. Given that I have him in my team, I'm been watching him very closely and he gets targetted big time. This is all fine of course, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Carlton players try to block for him or give some back. Last night, they were just pushed around continually and I didn't see much going back the other way. I think they need to use their assets better - Murphy is a very good player but he seemed to get zero support from his teammates and vice-versa. Time for some mongrel I think - surely it's time to take a stand and stop being pushed around.

Last edited:
Geez, he gets a lot of attention off the ball. Given that I have him in my team, I'm been watching him very closely and he gets targetted big time. This is all fine of course, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Carlton players try to block for him or give some back. Last night, they were just pushed around continually and I didn't see much going back the other way. I think they need to use their assets better - Murphy is a very good player but he seemed to get zero support from his teammates and vice-versa. Time for some mongrel I think - surely it's time to take a stand and stopped being pushed around.

He gets bugger all support because our other mids aren't that good.

He gets bugger all support because our other mids aren't that good.

Don't have to be good to look after your best play maker. Just seemed to have no support for each other - play as individuals rather than a team.
Lay a shepherd, block, try to make the taggers job a bit tougher. None of that seems to be happening. Seems strange that's all. Disharmony at the club maybe?

Don't have to be good to look after your best play maker. Just seemed to have no support for each other - play as individuals rather than a team.
Lay a shepherd, block, try to make the taggers job a bit tougher. None of that seems to be happening. Seems strange that's all. Disharmony at the club maybe?

I honestly don't think so apart from Gibbs stalling on a new contract. Our midfield hasn't really jelled the last 2-3 years IMHO. I think it's more of a case that the individual players we have in our team (particularly the mids) don't really compliment one another. But that has more to do with list management than anything. What we really need is a gun inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don't think so apart from Gibbs stalling on a new contract. Our midfield hasn't really jelled the last 2-3 years IMHO. I think it's more of a case that the individual players we have in our team (particularly the mids) don't really compliment one another. But that has more to do with list management than anything. What we really need is a gun inside mid.

Yeah the Gibbs stalling probably isn't great, but shouldn't be a major concern really. I think you're right, the list management has been OK but not great. It just really surprised me with the amount of times the Bombers players generally bullied (not a criticism at all) your guys and no-one seemed to fire up. I would think that will be addressed this week, unless maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Anyway, just realised I am probably in the wrong thread. Apologies for side-tracking the thread.

Was there any real need to delete my post? I was merely trying to have a conversation, realised I posted in vc/capt thread, apologised for it, and my post gets deleted. I won't bother in future if it's going to be like that in here.

Was there any real need to delete my post? I was merely trying to have a conversation, realised I posted in vc/capt thread, apologised for it, and my post gets deleted. I won't bother in future if it's going to be like that in here.
WeAreGeelong Errr, FWIW it wasn't me, it was another mod :)

Your posts got mixed up in the middle of a s**t fight between other people. I agree with you and have restored the posts in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back